Eye protection

If you wear glasses you can build your own on zennioptical and choose all the options like mirror lens or polarized which is best imo never had an issue.

I have green ones for my blurple that work well.

I have regular polarized lenses for my white LEDs but truthfully I rarely use them.

1 Like

Yeah if they’re polarized.

2 Likes

Found something that should work and is fairly cheap. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07YZ6P56K/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_WP1C55GQ0KRXG9537KCR?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

2 Likes

do blue work or purple is really the color to use for full spectrum LED?

these are purple but they have a blue lens black frame that are a bit less “fancy”

My daughter gave me a pair of the Vivosun HPS glasses and they are worth it if only for the hard case they give you. They even have these little side windows on them and they sell for $16. Worth it.

A lot of those films on those cheap glasses end up peeling/fading and making it impossible to see. I bought a few pairs years ago and ended up just buying a pair of Method 7’s and haven’t had issues with the film fading or pealing off. I’m switching to LED soon so I’ll have to get another pair and I’ll probably go with method 7’s again to avoid any peeling headaches

1 Like

I read somewhere that sunglasses aren’t good for indoor light protection. Sunglasses are for uv protection but indoor lights you need protection against strong glare. Got some method 7’s myself.

I’d say dont skimp on protective eyewear, your eyes are worth splashing out on. Gonna need those suckers

3 Likes

There are special sunglasses for this? I use cheap $20 polarized ones. They work great, protect the eyes & it’s really not that dark.

I’m only growing in small tent tho

They are 100% fine. If they protect you from the sun they’ll protect you from your light

Yea and you won’t see the negative side effects for years.

Don’t say “I haven’t noticed a difference” unless you’ve been doing it for 15-20+ years without protection

ok ok , yall convinced me, i just ordered some polarized and uv a and b protection, didn’t go cheap but didn’t spend top dollar… i’ll post up later how they turn out…
thanks for making me spend more money :rofl:

3 Likes

For me it’s the color correction that the blue glasses offer. Working in a flower room for a couple/few hours and you’re damn near seeing spots. I’ve even taken pictures using the glasses as a filter to correct the orange HPS to ‘normal’.

2 Likes

Sun glasses have ratings like 0-5. 0 being coloured glass, 5 being super protective. Just find some cheap eye wear with a good rating of 4-5. I gotta find mine LOLs. Put them someplace safe last week…

I lived in the Keys for awhile and had to get replacement lenses that work well vs UV. I found fuse lenses makes a clear replacement lens set for any make or model glasses (pretty cheap too). I have the Oakley Wiretap Original with the clear lenses they work well to keep out the UV and I can see perfect.

5 Likes

The prizm lens from oakley is awesome under full spectrum led.

1 Like