Fabric Pots for indoor growing

Wow you’ve got a jungle growing there! Do you prefer coco to soil Floyd?

1 Like

One thing I like about fabric pots is you can put safety pins around the rim for ties to LST

5 Likes

I’m doing coco in that tent and soil in another tent. All in 3g fabric pots. Only my second run with coco. The growth rate beats the hell out of soil. Its more like hydro. :smiley:

2 Likes

:thinking: I may have to go to the dark side next grow just to see…

1 Like

I’m already thinking I will be all coco soon. This a plant from the last coco run.

:smiley:

16 Likes

Your question grabbed my attention as I’m going back and forth between 3 and 5 gallon, and leaning toward soil as I don’t have experience with coco, but curious how your response on pot size would differ between the 2 mediums.

1 Like

If you use larger pots with soil you may not need to add any or not as much nutrients. You can go longer between watering too. Coco is inert you add nutrients with every watering and have to water at least daily. I water once a day with coco in 3g fabric pots. You could use smaller pots with coco and still grow big plants but you would need to water more frequently.

2 Likes

I use 3g for soil but can never get to the finish line with out adding nutes of some kind.

3 Likes

Thank you, brother. Looks like you’re pretty sold on the coco from your other posts. Was that a rough transition from soil for you?

1 Like

This was my first grow with coco. Once some people gave me some good advise and got me on track it went real well
Hand watering coco

2 Likes

Your first post and picture responding to me made go Ok time to look into this coco thing. When you started talking about watering in nutes every day I was like nooope, no I don’t :laughing:

It’s awesome, it’s interesting, it’s just not for me. I don’t mind mixing in nutes once in awhile but compared to what I’m doing that’s more involved than I want to get. Obviously it pays off if you’re willing to put in the work though!

1 Like

Let us know about the taste between the two please.

1 Like

That’s what I found my first grow here. Using 5g or 10g in the future here I think I’ll hit that nice sweet spot of not too big.

1 Like

I grew hydro for years. Also hempys and soil and now coco. I can’t say I’ve ever found much difference in taste . Others will disagree, there is plenty of debate about it. I can only speak for myself.

1 Like

Whatever works for you my friend. :blush:

1 Like

I have heard 7.5g minimum to be water only and I guess it would still depend on soil mix and strain.

2 Likes

Floyd I’d be interested to hear your nutrient ratio for the every day watering in coco. What brand ferts? do you use a ppm meter ?

This is only my second run with coco. I’m still learning. This run I’m starting to see a bit of calcium deficiency but with only 2.5 weeks to go I don’t want to mess with anything. I didn’t see it last run, but it was different strains.
h3ad formula, GH nutes I play around with it a bit. EC is usually around 1.6, PH 5.9. post 45 in this thread.
Hand watering coco
I have Sensi PH perfect for coco in the house I may try it next round. I haven’t decided yet.

1 Like

Hey there Jango good to see a fellow nzer on here, i had the same trouble sourcing a good soil mix so i just made my own super soil based on coots mix and just substituted for what i could get locally.
I even thought about making a nz soil mix up kinda like the buildasoil mixes.
Happy growing bro.

2 Likes

Hi rabbit, hows it going mate, I’ve done three indoor grows using Tui Organic potting mix but this time I ran out of it and used 25 o/o Tui Herb potting mix and the seedlings grew really fast, massive fan leaves.
And yeah its great to chat to another Kiwi, pity about the referendum aye.