Fabric Pots for indoor growing

With my training the 5g don’t much taller but they sure get bushier.

3g, but in coco. over 40" pretty much maxed out the head room.

3 Likes

One easy rule of thumb: One gallon of mix per month of growth, plus some extra.

2 Likes

Many thanks for that info Gnomey, thats just what I needed to know, any closer than 18" and new growth tends to get light burn, thats with the dimmer on half power.
So it seems 3 to 5 gallon pots is the way to go. I did 4 autos as my first grow and the roots filled out the pot.

1 Like

Thats a fine looking plant thanks for that Foreigner, I’m getting more confident in what I’m doing now talking to you guys.

2 Likes

Wow you’ve got a jungle growing there! Do you prefer coco to soil Floyd?

1 Like

One thing I like about fabric pots is you can put safety pins around the rim for ties to LST

5 Likes

I’m doing coco in that tent and soil in another tent. All in 3g fabric pots. Only my second run with coco. The growth rate beats the hell out of soil. Its more like hydro. :smiley:

2 Likes

:thinking: I may have to go to the dark side next grow just to see…

1 Like

I’m already thinking I will be all coco soon. This a plant from the last coco run.

:smiley:

16 Likes

Your question grabbed my attention as I’m going back and forth between 3 and 5 gallon, and leaning toward soil as I don’t have experience with coco, but curious how your response on pot size would differ between the 2 mediums.

1 Like

If you use larger pots with soil you may not need to add any or not as much nutrients. You can go longer between watering too. Coco is inert you add nutrients with every watering and have to water at least daily. I water once a day with coco in 3g fabric pots. You could use smaller pots with coco and still grow big plants but you would need to water more frequently.

2 Likes

I use 3g for soil but can never get to the finish line with out adding nutes of some kind.

3 Likes

Thank you, brother. Looks like you’re pretty sold on the coco from your other posts. Was that a rough transition from soil for you?

1 Like

This was my first grow with coco. Once some people gave me some good advise and got me on track it went real well
Hand watering coco

2 Likes

Your first post and picture responding to me made go Ok time to look into this coco thing. When you started talking about watering in nutes every day I was like nooope, no I don’t :laughing:

It’s awesome, it’s interesting, it’s just not for me. I don’t mind mixing in nutes once in awhile but compared to what I’m doing that’s more involved than I want to get. Obviously it pays off if you’re willing to put in the work though!

1 Like

Let us know about the taste between the two please.

1 Like

That’s what I found my first grow here. Using 5g or 10g in the future here I think I’ll hit that nice sweet spot of not too big.

1 Like

I grew hydro for years. Also hempys and soil and now coco. I can’t say I’ve ever found much difference in taste . Others will disagree, there is plenty of debate about it. I can only speak for myself.

1 Like

Whatever works for you my friend. :blush:

1 Like