👨🏽‍🌾 Farmer Pigeonman (OR): How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Indoor Growing

I REALLY LIKE THIS ONE @noknees !

2 Likes

2 out of 6 in under 24 hours!

Loving the situation; 1x Unicorn Poop and 1x Cherry Festival (red) popped! Here is there new home for the next few weeks. (I need to make more speedcups tomorrow AM)

Both are tucked in their beds of BX, encircled with worm castings which will trickle tea into the mass via the daily spraydowns.

:metal: :hugs: :globe_with_meridians:

7 Likes

Manischewitz Cough

2 Likes

BAHAHAHA! OUTA LIKES BUT: :heart:

2 Likes

Are we naming strains? :thinking:

Cookie Monsters Girl
Flamingo Pops

3 Likes

THEY ARE CLIMBING OUT OF THE SOIL!!! :rofl:

These images are from last night and they are still climbing out. I had to hold up 1x UP BX1 and 1xCF-R F2 with a chopstick and use an espresso spoon to mound castings around the tail to re-bury it.

:rofl:

:metal: :hugs: :globe_with_meridians:

13 Likes

KOSHER KUSH S1: “All good things must end.”

After a long as heck road it’s all finally said and done!! I really hope to have more seeds in these plants than the others but I’m always sceptical until I break up the nugs and see what’s hiding inside.

These particular girls have been going for what seems like forever as I started them at the same time as the ones used with my 1st STS attempt late summer. By this point I’ve taken them up to week 10 flower and they’ve been left unwatered for 2 days in prep of me cutting them down today.

My local hydroponics shop (Hydrotech Hydroponics) was extra kind to me today when going it to purchase more Air-pots and gave me a small pile of free tester samples of their home brand and a 250ml bag of Bokashi Pro Gro! I’ve decided that since I plan on popping a few more auto flowers in the next few weeks that I’m going to run a test of their line with those when they get popped.

For the Bokashi Pro Gro; it’s going to get mixed in with my usual promixBX with the next 3x PhotRegs in line once they arrive in my mailbox :fire: :seedling: :fire: :seedling: :fire:

:hugs: :metal: :globe_with_meridians:

16 Likes

MENDO BREATH S1:

I got distracted this weekend as a windstorm (100km/hr) took down my neighbours fence so I needed to clear the hazard from my side and thus chose to have a nap versus defoliating this wonder. I’ll do it in the next few days but want to be fully clear headed as this is destined to become a bonsai to provide clones for years to come!

Crockett’s Tangie F2:

Still has it’s funky leaves but I never care as long as it’s still growing; which it is! At some point it’ll start tossing out normal leaves but until then I’m going to enjoy it’s charm. I hope it’s a female.

BOG Sour BluTooth F2:

As I expected this one is growing beastly. Thick and strong it has been soaking up the nutes and it shows. I also really hope this is a female.

UK Cheese Clone:

Ugly as fuck right now, but you can see from the new growth that there’s a party going on below the soil line! :hugs:

SOLOCUP CHALLENGE ROUND 2:

Ghost Rose x Cookie Devil:

MI5 x Midnight Express:

Strawberry Shortcrack:

Trizzler F2:

Obligatory GROUP SHOT:

As I’m looking at the spacing in this 2x2, I’m thinking that now with the 1L Air-pots I could pull of a 4x plant seed run in here, OR, a 8-10x plant run in my 2x4.

It’ll require a twice a day check-up schedule and a little more work but it looks like my options for moving forward with some of the larger projects are actually more achievable than I had thought after all this small pot & solo-cup experimentation. :thinking: :open_mouth:

Looks like it’s time for me to actually test my DIY auto-watering system. :rofl:

Thanks for checking in! All the best!

21 Likes

Looking great bro, nice update :grin: sorry to hear about the neighbour’s fence, good thing you don’t have anything growing outside right now that could’ve been crushed. That would suck, lol. :thinking: Next season you can use the monster trees to prop the fence up good :joy:

3 Likes

Meh, the can replace it if they want… before the MUGWORT TAKES OVER!!!

4 Likes

pretty green “ironed” leaves on the little ones!

2 Likes

Liking the look of that Mendo Breath S1! Will be posting a pic of my 2 on my grow thread tonight. I too need to do a partial defoliation and some LST on most of my plants in the next couple days.

3 Likes

Thanks @Sasquatch !

I showed it out of tent to my partner this morning and the first words out of her mouth: “So I see you have grown and chosen our Pagan-Bush for the holidays” :rofl: :christmas_tree:

No photo’s this AM but I’m happy to say that I’m 1/2 way through the worry-weeks (day 0-14) of my Unicorn Poop BX1 and Cherry Festival RED F3’s! One of each set of 3 required some babying; with a few careful lifts and having it hold up on it’s own with a mound of castings. They’ll strengthen up soon enough.

I took off the secondary cups to expose the speed holes. Their true leaves are starting to come in so I want to start with a 1/4 strength feeding starting this weekend so i want to ensure good air access to the developing roots.

The auto flowers are killing it as well; every morning I open the 2x2 to feed them I keep realizing I need to get the 2x4 cleared of the KKS1 plants (still hanging to over-dry), sprayed down with bleach/water (ocd) and then take em down stairs to bask under the glory of my SF2000.

Fun note, in my latest Kijiji purchase for gardening I got 2x LED pucks tossed into the deal. The FarRed I already own and love so I’m excited to have 2x of them for either better coverage in my 4x4 OR 2x tents running in flower!

But, the second one I’ve never tried and am excited to do so with these autoflowers…

RapidLED’s UVA Trichome Enhancement Puck

It’s wavelength claims to help maximize trichomes by running this UVA puck during the last two weeks of flower. And since it was included in a steal of a deal WHY THE HECK NOT!?.

:hugs:

8 Likes

UNICORN POOP BX1:
Two words: FUCK YES!

CHERRY FESTIVAL (RED) F3:
Two more words: FUCK YEAH!

They’ve all been upgraded to move out of the dome. Bottom line is that they are all doing well but for the 1x CF-R which I still am rooting for. Things that suffer early in life tend to blossom more later in life for their growing pains. :+1:

Also, THIS HAPPENED THIS AFTERNOON:
@corey sent me these beauties and as promised they hit water almost before the envelope opened!

I really do hope that all 3 seeds do as well as I’m expecting. The plan in the long haul for these three gifts of :fire: is:

1x Reversed through STS
1x Pollenated for S1 seeds (or is this now S2? :thinking: )
1x Full Term for SMOKE :smoking:

Thanks for checking in and big love to you and yours!

11 Likes

I SNEAKED A PEAK IN THE SEEDDOME this am…

Well, I’m happy to say 1x of the 3x Humboldt GSCxChem91 S1’s has a small tail!

That was less than 14 hours!

I’m daydreaming about planting them when I get home tonight. :thinking:

8 Likes

24 hours later:

BEHOLD MY GLAIVE! FOR IT SHALL BRING FORTH THE FIRE!

They’re all tucked in their SpeedCups.

I’m trying something different this round but you can’t see it from the surface: I packed the medium more firmly, and then pierced a hole down the middle of the mass with a chopstick. The tail is now aiming down a thin hole in hopes that it takes the path of least resistance, and then holds strong in the tighter ball of BX.

If they crawl out of the soil again I’ll try something different next round :rofl: .

Thanks again @corey , these beans look like they really enjoy my plans of reversal reproduction of their lineage with a little for smoke to ease the gardener’s soul. :hugs:

Thanks for checking in and big love to all y’all!

15 Likes

No problem bud. I’m happy to see that you are growing them. Love your enthusiasm man! Thanks for the tip on germinating, I’ll try that from now on.

2 Likes

@Pigeonman you’re gonna make me use up all my likes before breakfast!
I’m currently in a 2x2 so it’s great to see you testing it’s limits. :+1:
Really enjoying this indoor journey with ya

1 Like

Thanks @HeadyBearAdventures , i’m glad you’re enjoying the show and my learning process!

I know i need to switch up my plants soon; but still think with the right training I can pull off 3-4 plant seed runs in a 2x2x5 so long as I keep on it. It could mean running several small runs at once, but keeping them in diff parts of the house JUST in case of any migrating pollen.

3 Likes