Fast yellowing plants

Why do think so ? Leaves dosnt show signs of mag déficiency ( compared to a Google image search ) nor overwatering signs ( which should be if there was an oxygen lacking in the Root zone ) ?

City report says 7.2 / hardwater for my district

2 Likes

Oh chit. That is an issue. Ph in coco should be around 6.0 7.2 would lock out. I was assuming you kept input ph monitored and it was still yellowing. So ph is most likely your cause. As said locking out things. Ill drop a coco ph nutrient availability chart on here hold on a sec.

3 Likes

coco is similar to hydro so according to this you are locked out on everything but n and mag.

The p and k lockout will do this also and in flower p and k are demanded more by the plant. You got to control your input ph.

1 Like

Esta PH mi amigo

1 Like

Misters-Chart

Decode that!

7.2 is way too high for coco nless you amend it with some peat, bone, dolo, humics (you can taste this bone meal in the end if you have a heavy hand) bennies and compost. But then you don’t really have coco anymores!

I think someone said it earlier also but In coco there is a cation exchange calling for more Cal/Mag than other media.

5 Likes

I dont see potassium or phosphorus déficiency signs compared to what I round on Google image…

Def a nitrogen one, at least, and as you said at that pH nitrogen is still available, ( and this dosnt take in account that most modern nutrients lower the pH )

2 Likes

My nutes is boosted with cal mag, but one of my Guess regarding ph is that maybe déficiency on certain micro lockup N intake …

1 Like

In conclusion, I think if you’re going to bottom feed:

Avoid the puzzle all together and maybe consider a PEAT based media instead like Pro-Mix HP and a limited ingredient diet for the strain u have. Bottom feeding coco you’re making lots-o-work for urself.

Or yes - PH the water and let us know if it solves the issue :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Magnesium lockout. Like said above have to keep that ph in check. I recommend top feeding if possible and adding a 500 ppm gypsum flush once a week. Diamond k brand gypsum dissolves best. If you don’t want to do a weekly flush I would use gypsum as a percentage of your daily feed. I use about 20% gypsum every feed and my plants have never been happier.

So your not following the recommendation then?

So your on a growing forum asking for opinions, then countering repeatedly with “but Google image says…”. Listen to us, if you had figured it out from Google you wouldn’t be here, right?

Drop your ph to 6.2, top water, go to a larger pot. Have faith in the hundreds of aggregate years of growing here…

6 Likes

LOL! The whole time I was asking this

This was the golden post

2 Likes

You cant always trust google pics. I was probably wrong jumping to mag i should have asked basics first. Usually ppl ask basics like ph temps rh feed and lighting. I just jumped on mag being it was coco and assumed you phed your inputs. The ph is too high. Thatll look like many things.

This here good advice. Ph you inputs 6.2 is good ph if you feed from top itll flush out and correct soon.

1 Like

Sorry i jumped and didnt ask details first. Theres a lot of really knowledgable people here. Set up a chair n you can find help here for almost anything you run into.

A big problem with internet pics and advise is many people are full of shit. They cherry pick what they post and give advice when they shouldn’t. That’s why I love this place. We show the good, the bad and the ugly. A real grower will show their mistakes as well as their successes and not feel bad about it. That’s what we all need really, honesty. So much bad info is passed around by those embarrassed about their mistakes and just looking for internet approval. I would say those looking for approval from strangers on the internet really need to work their lives out.

2 Likes

Hey Doug this thread is about this guys yellowing plants… Not to be a Meanie but your life philosophy about how others post maybe goes into the smokers lounge!

“I would say those looking for approval from strangers on the internet really need to work their lives out.”

Sounds like you’ve got some issues-a-brewin!

Here’s ph issues I had, I was using too much fresh mushroom substrate mixed with my soil. Stupid me didn’t take into account that its high in Ca. My run off was almost 8.0. Two 4.0 ph flushes fixed it right up for me. I thought I had calmag issues, or not enough iron. Tried a bunch of stuff before I stopped, stepped back and went “let me check all the basics and make sure I’m not missing something simple.” With in a week everyone was rich and green again.

These pics are 17 days apart

3 Likes