Favorite bud flavors

@Calyxander what strains (in your opinion) best express these flavors?

5 Likes

Iā€™m loving the strawberry flavour Iā€™m getting from the cackleberry I grew!

4 Likes

Well, off the top of my head, these come to mind.

Yumbolt- Sagarmatha Seeds
Most consistently earthy flavor. Delectable.

Hashberry- Mandala Seeds
More hashy and sweetish than earthy in most phenos, but yummy,

Northern Lights
Some phenos have a pronounced earthy, hashy, spicy flavor.

A cross made by @Scissor-Hanz -CromJog- , a pheno of which reminded me of the old Vicks Formula 44 cough syrup, with tasty, earthy notes.

4 Likes

Yes earthy hashy spicey savory church pew old book store hazy hybrid types : )

4 Likes

Shit I like them all, just depends on my mood really. I just grew some cherries jubilee that tastes like cinnamon/ cherry. Canā€™t say Iā€™ve ever had anything that tastes like this before. Its a very pronounced cinnamon too not one of those " I might taste a little cinnamon ". Should have named this strain Big Red like the gum.

@Grand if youā€™re looking for a cheese taste try seedsman uk cheese :cheese:. It smells of strong skunk taste on inhale cheese/fruity but exhale taste like you just ate a chunk of bluecheese

5 Likes

I love the fruity flavorā€™s/smells. hash+fruit is godly.
Canā€™t go wrong with a good Cheese either, that stuff is addictingly tasty.

After that I like the spicy/earthy scents but not rotten.

Donā€™t care much for floral or piney scents.

Really donā€™t care for fuel/gas flavors/scents, to reiterate on what ReikoX said earlier, I have flashbacks of mexican brick weed smuggled over the border in gas tanks :laughing:

Onions/Garlics/(rotten) Meats are right out for me, not gonna happen :rofl:

4 Likes

My favorite taste ive had in recent years came from a strain called delicious candy. Itā€™s a uk cheese x lavender cross. I picked it up at the local dispensary and couldnā€™t keep my nose outta the jar the whole way home. It had such a sweet pungent cheese smell and translated very well into the taste as well. Iā€™m not sure why, but the dispensary only offered it once, but luckily for me, my beans will be here next week. LoL :kissing_heart:

4 Likes

Hashplant, northern lights, Mazar (Mazari).

3 Likes

I had an afghani mother many years ago that smelled so spicy and earthy it was unreal. Any suggestions for some spicy smelling strains. I get tired of smelling fruit and skunk

I was also able to find the perfect NL#5 mother. My friends all called it Douglas fur or Christmas tree bud.

3 Likes

The black triangle i tried smelled like peppered OG which i thought was beautiful. Another strain that stood out to me over the years was Casey Jones, she smelled like peppered beef jerky or some type of peppered meat, i thought it was so unique. Thats about the only spicy strains I ran into.

2 Likes

I prefer earthy and piney but I wont turn down any nice tasting joint :joy:

3 Likes

Top 5 flavors not in any order:
Chem (any)
Bubba katsu cut
Flo
Og
Candy cat

2 Likes

Grew the Delicipus Candy for a while. Liked it a lot, and it was a freebie. I ordered their auto version to try, but havenā€™t grown it out yet.

Awesome to hear. That strain is incredible. Very unique. Unfortunately i heard the auto doesnt come close to comparing the regular version. Good luck though

Hope y@ll can forgive me for being the thread resurrection guyā€¦

Does anybody know which ancestors in haze provide for the ā€œfrankincense, myrrh, palo santo, or ā€¦eucalyptus, ā€¦and juniper, jinā€¦ā€ flavors? Presuming the ancestors to be land races?