Strains that taste good all the way to ash

I’m sure it’s rare when we get a strain that smokes great all the way to the end, and specifically I’m talking about the taste.
Only two strains have stood out to me as capable of this feat.
For me it’s Kandy Kush and Kosher Kush.
Would like to read what others have encountered of being that good. :thinking:

Thought I would add a couple more strains that stood out to me. Lemon G and Sour Deisel. However the SD I got from a plug once upon a time and it was amazing! Flavor was similar to fresh asphalt being laid, or how I imagine it, just rich flavor.
But it was different from other SD’s I have bought from dispensaries. And the ones I got from dispensaries didn’t even compare.

So the question to be asked is, is it because of the strain itself, like that particular cut or is it because Of how it was grown and flushed? Or a of things?
What is it that enables a flower to smoke all the way through with great flavor to ash?

12 Likes

ive had a couple, the prob is that some of them dont have good high/potency. the ones that do have good taste and effect/potency that ive had are:

1. Smart Move: fruity, spearmint, sweet - indica leaning.
  2. Black Energy: savory, gas - clear strong cerebral
  3. Lemon Lotus - citric (like a cooked lemon) - more of a traditional hybrid (this was nuts tasty on joints)

theres also spirit hashplant with a gassy taste. sure theres more.

7 Likes

All the stuff with zkittles in the lineage is delicious af.

5 Likes

One thing I’ve for sure noticed is the moderate thc strains (below 25% smoke better in joints than the super frosty 30+ stuff

7 Likes

I find anything with a high THC content (25%+) always gets nasty by the end of the bowl, regardless of terpenes.

If I smoke my 12-15% landrace sativas the entire experience is enjoyable.

My two cents.

8 Likes

Bong hits always good to the last drop! :partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::sunglasses::peace_symbol:

3 Likes

red hot cookies. i will smoke ever last bit of each bowl. it’s basically a tangie backcross. the aroma is great, never get a nasty hit. i just finished my stash of it from a couple grows back, but i have the reveg coming down in a few days…can’t wait.

strawberry lemonade is really nice in a joint, even better if it is longer. the strawberry get stronger as you smoke it to smallest nub you can.

2 Likes

Triangle Kush
Pink Kush
Khalifa Mints
Chemmy Jones
Gas Face
Black Gas
White Walker Bubba
True Sour D
Bag of Oranges
Tina
And I smoke joints almost exclusively so these truly are top shelf flavourbombs when grown/cured properly 100%

7 Likes

Depends on what you consider tasty, but I find that sweet and fruit strains hold up well. Gas, garlic, and pure myrcene strains not so much

1 Like

I had a Grandaddy Purple that had a very strong grape/berry smell/flavor that carried through into the taste as well, I think I ran close to 20 of them, only a few of them had the flavor.

And I grew out a Grapelime Ricky from TGA Subcool that was delicious all the way through, still have a few of the beans from years ago. When I get more room I plan on running them again to make F2’s. I wanted to run a couple now but since I’m very limited in the amount of beans I have of that, I wanna make sure when I run them that I’ll be making more seeds.

7 Likes

Grandmommy Purple for sure :octopus:

2 Likes

LA Pure kush moreso than anything I’ve smoked, let alone grown.

4 Likes

Something from BOG, wish I could tell you what it was. From a medley pack circa 2002. It was so berry and delicious to the last hit, even through a tobacco blunt wrap. Just inhaling on a freshly rolled unlit one was pure bliss. The medley pack was supposedly Blue Moon Rocks, Lifesaver, and LSD if I recall.

As mentioned also already by @splinter7, Strawberry Lemonade can be incredibly tasty, fruit forward refreshing taste.

Blueberry can be incredibly tasty all the way through.

Chems,. sour diesels, and hybrids can bring intense flavor and mouthfeel. Almost lip smacking stuff. BOG’s Sour Strawberry was almost too flavorful, yet very enjoyable.

Most lip smacking enjoyable was a one off a buddy let me try ducksfoot x z99. Lip smacking lemon lime Now N Laters taste if you’re familiar with the candy. Absolutely delicious. Much love

5 Likes

My fav taste is from Apple betty, I like its wooden notes, and sour flavor…nice strain hope to start again soon

2 Likes

Vanilla Frosting.

1 Like

So the question to be asked is…

Is it because of the strain itself, like that particular cut or is it because Of how it was grown and flushed? Or a combination of things?
What is it that enables a flower to smoke all the way through with great flavor to ash??

1 Like

I think it’s a combination of all these things. The strain, environment, temperature, food, drying and handling practices after cut.

1 Like

Grow them and dry them right and lots. Ones I like quite a bit are HPK, Sour Grapes, old Blueberry, Rainbow Belts, and Grape Gas. Obviously, you have to grow them right, but drying and storage are a huge factor.

2 Likes

Alien rock candy, grape ape, and rainbow cake stand out for me

2 Likes

for me, that’s hands down the sanfune :wink:
if anyone wants to try it out … just pm me.

holy princess x chocolate cheese were fused to create sanfune.
i made the F1 in 2013 and worked that into a true breeding line.

red berry-cocktail, chocolate, passionfruit, mango, pineapple in 8w.
absolutely precious tastes and smells. her effects start in the head
and move to the feet. the potency and her effects are quite strong.

16 Likes