Fem Autoflower breeding project by azseaindooin420

Man I hope @AzSeaindooin420 's move is going alright.

3 Likes

So I just ran across OG last night (the link I ran across led me to this thread) and I sat down and read the entire thing. I have to say, the fact that there are people out there that would do an absolutely ridiculous grow like this, and then just send the seeds out to people blows my mind. All over Reddit and every other forum I’ve found, it’s just people trying to gouge other people with no give back to the community. I’ve read a whole bunch of other threads too, and everyone here seems to be pretty awesome as well!

@AzSeaindooin420 With that being said, I hope the move went uneventful and you’re busy getting setup in your new house! Keep on doing great things! It was fun seeing all the pics, so thanks for the effort!

15 Likes

I started here last year myself, curios about a COPA strain i had gotten as a free pack. Quickly found that the folks here set the bar for what a community around a hobby / craft should be. Az here is one of those folks, as he was one of the board members that gave me a push, shared seeds, and shared what they had learned with me.

Make sure you say hi in the intro thread here and share if you like a little about yourself:

4 Likes

So COPA is a good breeder ?-- there is a strain I want from them ut don’t really know anything about the breeder

3 Likes

Glad you found this site – you will find some very experienced cultivators here __-WELCOME

2 Likes

Absolutely. Especially if your in a climate like we find in the north east US. I have found the strains from him especially effective at growing outside, and have gotten some very good results, despite being a novice grower. OG has a thread just for Copa here:

3 Likes

believe Ethos (owner) uses 3 gallon pots for all their breeding projects (Ethos Mag # 1) have gotten 1oz to 3oz with 3 gallon

1 Like

Awesome welcome to og! You’ll noticed this community is nothing like what you usually find everywhere else. There is an actual sense of sharing and respect. You found a good thread also as @AzSeaindooin420 is one of those members who strive to give back and overgrow the world haha.

3 Likes

Well I’ll gladly say welcome to our community! It def is nice to be a part of this wonderful site of growers. The big thing I enjoy is the transparency with the genetics whether it’s seeing how someone else’s gear turns out or the seed runs seeing the work done start to finish and actually seeing the plants those magical lil beans came from. Selling seeds is a huge no no here (unless ur a sponsor for the site) but doesn’t mean we don’t still throw around those seeds like confetti.

Down side is we do get some showing up with their hands out snatch the beans and run and just the way some ppl gonna be but as a community we rather have ppl stick around, make some friends, and share their methods that work or don’t work for them so we can either take notes or lend a guiding hand. Always something to learn and always someone out there doing it better. I perpetually grow and always keep plants rocking and eventually I get to a point that I know I grew more weed than I can smoke in the year, so instead of wasting the time and leaving rooms empty I dedicate at least 1 grow a year to making seeds.( Last year I did individual runs for Jack herer and white rhinos) Gives me an arsenal to offer out to the community while I usually will snag some new genetics to play with from other members through trades or just “I got this in the mail from ya, I’m gonna send back some goodies as a thank u”

I think it’s safe to say this community is geared towards the passion and love for the plants and PRESERVATION of the loved strains and as far away from how we can gain from someone else.

In the couple years I’ve been lingering this site I’ve got more seeds and genetics than I can possibly grow in the next few years and the library of genetics keeps expanding and has been my motivation for my personal seed runs to make sure I am giving back to the community that has treated me so well

Glad your first post was stumbling across my thread, grab a chair, hit the refreshments table and enjoy the show we have in store, it’s gonna be a wild ride. Hopefully I’ll be seeing ur screen name as a regular in the threads

Move is goin… Last 8 days and today I’m tearing down the greenhouse, gonna be out of here right " at the buzzer"

12 Likes

For autos I thing 3 gallon is pretty standard, 5 wouldn’t hurt for some strains but 3 seems to be the shoe that fits

6 Likes

Yeah, that’s how moving goes :joy: my last trip the last time we moved was an overloaded trailer 15 minutes before I needed to be gone.

That’s how a lot of people are though. Showing up for free stuff. Obviously free stuff is awesome. Especially beans of cool stuff they don’t have! But it’s telling seeing how much interaction goes up once people find out there is a possibility of getting free stuff.

Since I’m still so new, I haven’t had a chance to check out the thread you mentioned on the green house grow yet, so no idea how big it is, but good luck breaking it down and getting it moved! Definitely a hassle, but a good call.

2 Likes

That is my last grow out there, just wrapped it up today and currently in transit to the new spot with it

3 Likes

So I gotta ask, what is ur preference to grow? Photos or autos? What’s ur setup like

1 Like

Station wagon full of weed balls out on the interstate again? :metal:

5 Likes

Haha no not the weed today, just the greenhouse minus the swamp cooler lol

2 Likes

How’s the move in coming along? Picked a spot for the greenhouse yet?

Was this directed towards me? I’ve been messing around on mobile and still trying to figure things out

1 Like

Just been running loads, moving sux! Working today and tomorrow in Vegas then 4 days left to be out 🤦

Yes sir, curious what ur into growing or are growing

2 Likes

As of now, all I’ve grown is autos (which is how I ended up running across your thread) and to date have grown and harvested six of them, and have four more going right now (iced latte, cream mandarin, sweet cheese, and froot by the foot) that are only a couple inches tall at this point. Got them going in earth boxes in a 4x4 tent, with a cheap Chinese LED. Was hoping to upgrade soon, but rumor has it layoffs are going to be happening soon, so I’m going to hold off for now. Plan is to try my hand at some crosses/reversals and start stockpiling some seeds. I’d like to delve into photoperiods as well since I’ve already got some seeds sitting around. It’s all just for fun anyways! Here is a pick from my last grow. Wasn’t a huge yielder, but honestly I never got around to weighing it so not sure what I ended up with. Trichomes and cream, blue dream’matic, Mimosa, and critical orange punch.

13 Likes

That looks like a pretty sweet setup u got there buddy! Nice lineup of smoke too, sounds like we got the same taste of fruity/sweet/berries. Curious if ur gonna pick up some coffee terps with that iced latte. Ain’t nothing wrong with the cheapo Chinese lighting, I’ve got 10 total lights and don’t think I paid more than 50 each for em. Been a big fan of the quantum boards( got 2 100w in viparspectra for 50 each and a bloom plus 90w for 40 bucks. Spent a year sniping ebay auctions in the last 10 min of the listings and snagged some good deals. Holiday weekends like memorial day are best cuz everyone out drinking not paying attention to ebay listings haha, got one of my blurple philzons for 27 that way lol

I almost grew the blue dreammatic but seeds I got from seed supreme were a no go 🤷

Hopefully I can get u some beans of these mephisto crosses, doesn’t sound like u have ran or checked out any of their gear yet but they def set the bar high with potency and some of the better autos I’ve grown. Sure would like a few solid testers for what I’m bout to harvest.

What do u do for work? I’m a union man myself and know about layoffs all to well haha got today and tomorrow setting up for the pizza convention then I think I’m on lay off too lol

7 Likes

Honestly, I can’t even smoke because of my job, so I’m basically doing it just for funsies. I give it away to family members and friends. Well that’s not entirely true. My main drive was someone I know has parkinson’s, so once it went legal here THAT was the main motivation, but the growing itself is for fun.

As for work, I do inspections. Non union though, but I’m sure I’ll be able to find something else. Just used to getting drug tested several times a year with possibility of randoms. So I’ll enjoy some time off from that and partake in my endeavors :smirk:

Also as far as tastes go, yeah, that’s pretty much what I lean towards with everything, so that’s why I picked the seeds I did. If no one likes the strains I grow, it’s no skin off my back, I know someone will want it.

For ebay, look into gixen.com it’s a sniper and works flawlessly. Set your shit and wait for the email saying you won. Been using it for longer than I can remember.

I think for lighting I’m going to try a DIY. I spent a couple hours reading through a thread that I of course can’t remember the guys name… I want to say MrSparlkes? Anyways, seems you can build something pretty great for pretty reasonable. I’ll link the thread tonight when I get to work and have nothing to do. It’s an interesting read.

I have not tried any of the mephisto stuff, but have heard nothing but good things about it. If you want to send seeds, they definitely won’t go to waste. I’ll also see what I have laying around you might like.

I’ve gotta hit the sack. I meant to go to bed hours ago and instead spent the time reading a Jamaican landrace preservation thread :roll_eyes:. Another great read by the way.

TTYL

6 Likes