Feminized seeds is there anything to know?

see that is my problem also

super! That is what I was looking for someone saying just that

makes me feel better about buying them :smile:

all the best and thank you

Dequilo

2 Likes

Thanks! so it appears to be safe to buy them

great feedback

Dequilo

2 Likes

Fem are great ( these are great prices ) I always cracked a bunch more then I needed and culled the weak

4 Likes

While we are talking about fems. Is it possible to keep motherā€™s of plants grown from fem seed? Iā€™ve never run any but it like to keep momā€™s of the standouts after a pheno hunt and I just always wondered about that.

4 Likes

Yes. If they are photoperiod varieties they will act the same as regular seed females. Obviously you canā€™t keep moms of autos.

5 Likes

Obviously. Funny story about that though, I saw a post on FB the other day, someone was trying to sell fem auto clones. Hahahaha.

6 Likes

Well again Iā€™m stupid and donā€™t know jack lol, but basically Iā€™ve read that because two females make a fem seed that the genetics arenā€™t ā€˜completeā€™. Maybe due to the lack of a y chromosome or something along those lines.

Of course take that with a grain of salt, could be classic stoner science :drooling_face:

2 Likes

Dont reverse the mob. Hit with male of your indica. I think be most stable way to do it.
Fems now are pretty solid like said if known breeder.
Most the breeders i saw on that site are local cali ops. Holding rare northeast strain in seed form idk

3 Likes

Fem seeds have normal 2n, diploid genomes. They just dont have a male Y chromosome. They arenā€™t missing anything but balls.

8 Likes

Cool, thatā€™s good to know!

3 Likes

Just my humble opinionā€¦ finding good female breeding stock was and is never the issue. Finding good males however can be the problem because most people are not looking for a good male nor do they have the time and space for it. As breeders we look for specific plant characteristics from X and from Y and then combine(breed) them. Even in a perfect world there will always be boys in with the girls itā€™s just a ratio game.

1 Like

Chop we know about donā€™t we broā€¦lol

1 Like