FieldEffect's 2024 "Field of Dreams"

For her i mean, of course :grin:
You’re shining like Danny in every other direction, in And out :v::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Sorry for the Romulan, did you check the roots?

4 Likes

The long Pistils on the Bud shot look gorgeous. Its an awesome sight when they take off like that @FieldEffect

2 Likes

LOL @Not-Notjosh

@George I don’t see anything unusual do you?

@MissinBissin they really are starting to take off. Fighting Bilbo is going to be a winner :trophy:

5 Likes

Well, if you chopped her not long ago I don’t see them very fresh and healthy, I think they are behind that fiasco, thanks for sharing … beer3|nullxnull

3 Likes

Too bad about the Romulan, but the rest of the garden is rocking.

2 Likes

True story, I’m with George. You feel the roots and they feel dried and dead or something? They look kind of strange like dried out. OR are they weak and stringy?

3 Likes

Thanks guys!

FWIW the plant hasn’t been watered in a few days and the pictures were several hours after I pulled it out. The above-ground plant is crispy dry.

I agree the roots weren’t as dense as expected for the size of plant, but I expected something severe to so rapidly cause deterioration/death. I don’t see black or rotted roots, or nasty fungi. So I still have no idea what the root cause is…terrible pun :rofl:

5 Likes

Been pretty busy and just learned about the romulan death pheno :confused: That’s strange, like it already did something of that kind on a branch a few weeks ago, and then all of a sudden on the whole plant. I agree roots are the main suspects.

Too bad, but you still got some pretty buds going on. That will be a nice harvest. I agree that fighting bilbo is shining :smiley:

2 Likes

And it was in a Fabric Bag @FieldEffect
I was Just wondering about drainage…
Do you place any gravel in the bags bottom layer?

Thats been an old trick when I’m not sure where the bags going to be placed… or what-its going to be Put on, drainage-wise

3 Likes

I was wondering about that. And also this witting it did in the past, maybe it got sun blasting on the pot and it did damage the roots, something like that. Could be where it was placed in the garden.

1 Like

Fabric bags are well known for their lack of overwatering, good aeration and water evaporation, don’t think they need gravel. I have one outside and roots have traversed the pot bottom and gone down to the prairie soil, no barriers for them … beer3|nullxnull

7 Likes

:rofl:

I wonder maybe if it was something else. We had suspected mites on another plant, I amputated the affected limbs and things are fine now - IIRC that was June. Perhaps I had the soil way out of balance too but the texture/smell of it is fine. Either way, I don’t like mysteries.

No gravel, didn’t think I needed it. I rotate the bag locations around so all the plants get full sun days and avoid the roots taking hold in the ground below. Usually the ground below the pots is moist, if that means anything.

Moving the bags around also equalizes the sun exposure in terms of how hot the dirt gets. “Romulan Death pheno” got as good/bad of conditions as anything else did.

Nice looking plant George! That’s why I chose bags - to minimize my capacity for error.

Overall, not a terrible amount of hearburn but I’d prefer to understand my mistakes as anyone would. I’ve got an abundance of weed, seeds, and friends :sunglasses:

Thanks guys :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

Yeah well, sometimes mysteries take ages to be resolved. Keep that rom in the back of your mind, and maybe you’ll get a possible explanation at some point. Meanwhile enjoy the garden :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Overall update. Things are well, my current favorites are the S1 and Fighting Bilbo, pictures will demonstrate why.

Here’s the ladies:

S1 (907 Blue Genes x Shiskeberry #3 @SHSC-1 pheno 1) She’s a chunky girl lots of density and beautiful blueberry syrup aroma. She’s entirerly sticks of weed.

The grid gallery thing seems to be gone maybe I’m just too slow to find it.

N4 (907 Blue Genes x NL #1 @Klyphman mutant pheno 4) Frosty AF and strong sour blueberry piney nose. More prehistoric structure leafy but ridiuclously dense flowers.

Fighting Bilbo @MissinBissin Interesting fruity smells, sticky and she’s filling in quick. Very robust, fast plant although she started a little slower than some of the others. Can’t wait to give this one a try. :grinning:

Mexican Death Sativa x Oaxaca @PineTarBastard I’m unable to articulate the smell, she’s a beast. Usually I grab a S1 bud when I walk into the garden and smelling much after that is challenging. We’ll see she’s a monster giving the camoflage tree a run for it’s money. Hope she finishes been slow to flower.

Honduras x Panama Planted this late, I think the seeds went in mid-June. She’s vigorous at least. Little behind on flower start, but she’s going.

C99 I don’t know what this lady wants, I can’t seem to make her happy. I’ve been diligently feeding her, she must want something else. Reminds me of making dinner for the wife sometimes.
FE: “What do you want?”
C99: “Food - anything is fine”
FE: Provides all the foods, high-N meals, fish hydrolysate, some flower food
C99: “Eh, I don’t want any of this…I don’t know what I want”

Sweet Sierra @buckaroobonsai + Chocolope Planted Chocolope cut pretty recently she endured some trauma in my tent indoors and bounced right back outside. Sweet Sierra has overcome some challenges as well, a mites scare and generally stunted growth. Sisters in trauma :melting_face:

Have a great weekend guys. All in all, great season down here but some trouble along the way.

I sprayed some BT last week but have been avoiding spraying anything. I’ve installed a bird feeder to attract moth/worm eating birds. They’ve been eating me out of house and home. Went out this morning with the UV flashlight and not seeing any eggs or caterpillars, but did spot a moth. May spray again this weekend. Budrot is not my friend. Maybe I should do HOCl like @Pigeonman I’ve got a fogger now that makes it so easy. Way better investment than the tank sprayer. I worry with the dense indica buds forming and our more-humid-than-normal conditions this year.

18 Likes

DO IT!

I’ve been fogging 1x a week since the middle of august with the weather fluctuations.

Plants look great @FieldEffect !

7 Likes

HOCl only? How many PPMs are you spraying?

1 Like

Correct.

Well I use my generator and add 2g of kosher salt + 3tsp of white vinegar. The manual calls for 1tsp but myself and others found the PH better suited when you go for 3 tsp.

The device has 3 settings, and I do 2x runs at the highest setting resulting in a PPM of 1200+ by my meter and works great!

:sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Good Morning @FieldEffect!

All of your plants look amazing, and the Buds are Gettin-Girthy.

Almost looks like they are circling the wagons in your Yard… might have to move that chair right into the middle.

So happy to hear & see they are thriving, and that F.B. is helping to put a show on for You!!

3 Likes

Is that a nice garden! A few hick ups but I get why you like S1 and F.B :slight_smile: But wait for your satis to take off, we’ll see.

I was sure the chocolope was going to outrun the SS :laughing: She did bump very well.

Enjoy the remaining of the week end!

2 Likes