First endo Grow

Heard good things about Dr. Earth, Just know your medium can take only so much! Just check PH on your full nute solution when u feed…in soil that’s fine, in coco, check runoff too, in DWC and other hydro think u want lower PH, other things the same

Need the sweet spot. Only YOUR technique, feel, individual expression can fully manifest this great plant, we are all, from newest to most experienced looking for this sweet spot. Nutes , VPD, genetics, temps airflow, hydration. Enough said!

2 Likes

I say I’m a organic grow only top dress… Dr.Earth all purpose and flower girl… I was wondering if I add worm castings and compost would it improve my organic grow as a top dress too??? And when and how do I to garden lime???

Adding those as a top dress will work great as well. Many people use compost as a mulch.

People normally add lime into the soil when they mix it. It breaks down pretty slowly.

1 Like

Cool… do you know of any sign that will let me know that my lime source is starting to run out???

1 Like

It should tend your soil towards 7 oh, so if you monitor the ph, it should tell you. What ph issue are you having? Too acid?

None so far haven’t ph’d anything…I use RO water… I just thought when I top dress I should also add the lime as a dressing too…

1 Like

You should be fine without it if you use ro water. The plant should adjust the ph at the rizosphere for you, especially when using ro water.

1 Like

Appreciate it…

1 Like

Do you defoliate autos :eyes:??? I felt like I should I have one before and after pic and one after pic

5 Likes

Whoop there it is. Ph all inputs even in organic you want nothing over 7 going in. Id run around 6.0-6.3 on your water. Ro water dont set itself its not ready to go.

1 Like

Ro water is just filtered by science its not ph buffered

2 Likes

Right, but having few contaminants it is easy for the roots to adjust the ph in the rhizosphere to where it wants.

Most organic growers do no adjust the ph, especially when using ro water. The soil is the buffer.

1 Like

So are you telling me I need to ph my water :eyes:

1 Like

Or is it looking like I have a ph problem

Are my plants showing signs of ph issues???

Not that I can see. Ph issues can be hard to peg because they can appear as various nutrient deficiencies.

I ended up having them watering with 8+ pH tap water for an extended period. From everyone I’ve talked to, ro water should not cause problems or need adjustment. I adjusted mine for awhile, and now use RO water. Mine are looking better. That’s not to say there is always an exception. Just keep an eye out. They look pretty good to me except a bit droopy.

Apparently rooted has decided to ph at one point or another for some reason. I have read some organic guys say to ph if you get too far above 7.0.

They have been looking a little droopy for awhile now… I didn’t think nothing of it since leaves are still green… growth has been a bit slow over the pass couple of weeks… as I say that things are look up this morning… idk if it’s I’m waiting to long in between watering or what…:man_shrugging:t5:

On of my blue kush has looked droopy and mad all through flowering. If all of your look the same though, that’s a sign of something, usually watering issues. Make sure it’s not overwatering though. That’s worse than underwatering.

It is harder to overwater in fabric pots. It can be done though.

1 Like

I run in soil coco all kinds of ways and if my inputs are over 6.5 for a week the plants buck. When my pen went off theyd buck cause i was too high on ph but thought i was at my 6.2 basic nutrient availability. Almost everything is unavailable

by 7.0 leading to deficiencies or lockouts.

2 Likes

I believe I been on the under side…they perk back up normal after watering

1 Like