First grow diary ever! Indoor pls help

How do you feel your doing?? It seems like you know what your doing. . . They look good to me :+1:

5 Likes

Iā€™d say you are doing a lot with a little and thatā€™s always to be admired. I get anxious about my garden all the time not having a mentor to look it over. iā€™ll have a camera soon so i can show the grow soon and itā€™s less to show off than yours.

iā€™m still a newb at indoor but iā€™m always happy to see over-the-top safety precautions but honestly donā€™t have them myself. :wink: if you want me to nitpick iā€™d just say stand back and overview your whole setup, break it down & keep your strategy simple but adaptable. thatā€™s what iā€™m finding is necessary(a la male plant above i thought was a 1 lb. female) to handle the crap that goes wrong. thatā€™s why iā€™ve move from outdoor last year to this year indoor, light-dep outdoor, and natural outdoor, followed by a seeded run to finish the year & ensure a better 2019. i plan to let go of all my mothers & retire for the winter for a couple of months because non-stop gardening for 4-5 harvests is wearing me down.

i should add that iā€™m a low-income home grower for meds, not a commā€™l farmer but iā€™ve been living that life this year, sorta. bugs wacked about 80% of last years meds(for this year) and thatā€™s why iā€™ve been on the war-path.

:persevere: :thumbsup:

:evergreen_tree:

5 Likes

Thanks,im really traumed out about the gnats,i went in one morning after a good(obviously excessive) watering to find mold,i freaked out and made a (stronger than normal) heavy bleach solution( maybe need hydrogen peroxide at hand) and did what I thought I should at the time,misted the top of the soil,removed everything and proceeded to clean,it wasnā€™t long (1-2dys) fungus gnats everywhere,i feel like I want to start over ,my (homemade soil mix) that I had just made was also covered in mold ,so I threw it out as well,havr been spraying(heavy safers mix) daily ,I donā€™t feel any progress at all, I think itā€™s making them healthier!! They seem to love the stuff,im stumped,im feeling distraught over everything,idkā€¦help

5 Likes

Fungus gnats are normal, im pretty sure anywayā€¦ but u gotta get rid of them I use fly strips hang them if you can put them on the ground all around them, you can never have to many and there really effective. In my opinion Iā€™m sure thereā€™s better ways but there relativley cheap lol.
But on the other hand if you sprayed the soil with the bleach and thereā€™s plants still there when you sprayed the soil,
best of luck in your recoveryšŸ˜“
Iā€™m stumped on the mold situation Iā€™m sure someone might know.
Cheers
Just lifta lolšŸ˜‰

3 Likes

As long as the mold is white, it is just mycelium and beneficial to the soil life. As far as fungus gnats, get some nematodes they will take care of things for you.

2 x 5 million Beneficial Nematodes (S.feltiae) - Nema Globe Fungus Gnat Pest Control total 500sqft coverage - BONUS 5 Yellow Sticky Cards (traps) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ATKQYVK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_-.2rBbFCWWBXZ

5 Likes

can you take a picture for the class to help you out? :wink:

my guess itā€™s just good healthy soil(fungi are a main ingredient) and the gnats are feasting, coming in from anywhere. they smell mycorhizzae like flys love shit.

search OG for ā€¦ oh hell:

and try the bT bacterial attack. stickytraps are mostly your monitor not your defense. however i have seen ā€œsticky trap mulchā€ covering containers almost completely up to the stem, these seem like a waste unless your bread is on the line. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

And thank you for your kind consideration,i too am a low income med patient,i canā€™t afford more than a quarter or so( thatā€™s splurging for me,lol) per month,i have never produced any smokable medicine,even my oil comes out uncured( high type,burnout),blah, previous runs mainly to produce my own seed stock(actually ran nutes right till the end hoping the seed would benefit and store the nutrients for when it get sown, my own crazy idea) can never afford seeds either,but I saved for two years,then suffered(still recovering from the purchase) I have never sold anything,i believe it should be free,grown in everyoneā€™s garden next to your corn or peas( releases nitrogen for surrounding root zones), before I grew anything I was a welder Iā€™d buy a qp at a time and would leave a cup of rolled johnnies by the front door ,if you where welcome in my home then you where welcome to indulge,thats just the way we(wife and I) um rolled hehe,im at a point where I must find work for sure( finanally should have been a year ago) I just canā€™t ,I wear down incredibly fast,i would love to trade some of my stock and definitely give some away,i canā€™t afford the postage,ha,( not looking for$ here)this hardship canā€™t last for ever,i certainly need to think about a different growing medium,and that is where I can start again ,I canā€™t go out and buy the material ,I need to piece it together like the last one,must have better drainage( for flushing purposes as well as mold prevention) and I canā€™t afford nematodes$30 for the cheapest could do a dozen pots or so,and canā€™t find lady bugs(to purchase) anywhere,( maybe I should collect them from outside),Iā€™m so glad for the chance to chat with someone with similar issues ,peace hope you have an awesome day!!!

4 Likes

Ya @ReikoX beat me to it. . .well he said it a hell of a lot better. . . But ya white mold is good. . . Itā€™s when it starts changing to colors other than just white you should worry. . . And yes H2o2! Get it learn it LOVE it. . . But donā€™t forget the most important tool you have - LITFA. Say cool brotha
-H-

2 Likes

Aw you guys are amazing!!! Thank you to everyone!!! These were taken last night

5 Likes

Yes the mold was white desolved with bleach ,live and learn damn!!! My thatā€™s a tough one to take beneficial you say,im sure if the soil I threw away has a bunch of new critters( I wrapped it in a tarp and put it in the back of and old truck,im thinking I could maybe just add more peat? For drainage,should I bring it back in? Full of new pests or write it off as a hard lesson learned?

2 Likes

You got there once you can do it again

2 Likes

As far as the grow is this morning,i had my first seeds come up from my last seed run 4 of them (from my fav here #50 original mother)and are beautiful!!!,also I had potted probably 16 clones from #30&#50,and I am so happy that 9 are looking amazing!(have been hardened off) no more nursery for them they are on their own,im so stoked as I have such a hard time keeping up with the proper environment,i think my issue is temp and humidity,out of my control, I use the lights for heat a fan to equalize that and humidity,i also started two bag seeds that a friend gave me and one out of a mix pack from Jordan of the island,im obsessed about getting a god bud pheno,ive never had one ( only sampled a bit of Godā€™s green crack once) I found that it was amazing for pain management,i ate like a mad man! And I love every thing that I have read about it,one seed at a time for me so I can really study and work with it,so today is such a beautiful day!!! And not even lunch time yet wow!!!

4 Likes

6 Likes

:v: we run in a similar gutter :wink: (agree with all your stances there).

what kind of climate are you in? iā€™m in central CA and as an example, am am abandoning fabric pots because itā€™s too hot & arid, they dry out unevenly, & then i over-water. so next time theyā€™ll just line some big plastic grow bags.

the humidity here is so low that VPD is only available a bit in spring. :frowning:
even indoors i humidify as much as possible.

can you use outdoor/sunlight at all? a stealthy greenhouse might help you cut costs & get high quality light, maintain photoperiod with some screw-in LED bulbs. ?? you may have to grow some corn & peas though :wink:

as far as free medium/fertilizerā€¦are you in a rural or urban area? they both have sources to compost from, but compost has a learning curve & takes time & planning if you wanna use it for production(good stuff is 3 years old). i set about to make my own media amendment with a massive worm compost but iā€™m sitting on 2 yards of it because i need a soil test to move forward. use as much Perlite as you can because itā€™s cheap & light, IMO. to that point, when i bring my 60% perlite indoor mix outside, it needs watering 2x as often as my outdoor 30% perlite blend.

if you can save all of your non-toxic waste you can make your own plant food. i even put my beard shavings in my kitchen waste becuase itā€™s about 50% Nitrogen & slow release. heh. i put every fā€™n paper napkin & used paper-towel in there too(i mean, itā€™s not like those ā€œwaste mgmtā€ assholes recycle them).

my med intake is about 1/2-1 zip a week and you can imagine the cost of crop failure here. luckily i made a friend who helped me tell corporate dispensary bunk to fuck off for the last & final time. (i ainā€™t in the business of making some asshole a weed-billionaire, or his bought-politicians). :muscle:

i can see youā€™re already economizing on containers :thumbsup: iā€™ve been drilling a shitload of holes in mine, diy aero-pot, and am totally satisfied. 5 gal buckets are great.

is there a ā€œcraigslistā€ available to you? check that for free stuff. itā€™s random but you might score if you check it. even used grow stuff cheap.

sorry if the ideas arenā€™t in order to your questions, but i repeat: Perlite. itā€™s about 20$ for 4 cu. ft., you can re-use it until itā€™s sand. :wink:

flushing. can you score a Yucca or Aloe Vera plant? or even cheap, plant-based dish soap may help there. i am still looking for a way to use the 1/2 ft of Yucca root in my fridge. :slight_smile: itā€™s the amount of raw yucca per gallon i need to figure out. definitely works as soapā€¦even washed the dog with it.

bT for gnats, get a small container of mosquito bits or dunks & soak in dechlorinated h2o w/a tsp molasses. that should last you a while for less than 20$.

i do realize i just told you to spend 50$ & go shovel shit for your compost heheh sorry. :sunglasses:

another thought about using natural light if youā€™re in a non-legal areaā€¦is there are these small 8"(or so) skylights that use a reflective flexible duct & you have a natural light from your ceilingā€¦& can even control it.

hmm. iā€™m high. l8r

3 Likes

You guys have given me so much to research and try to understand,stuff I had to look up(vpd I downloaded a link to further look into thanks) ,stuff that needs attention,from containers (might have to make my own fabric type,think denim would work? Or hold to much moisture? Or something else)to rethink everything that goes into them (may go soil less altogether) I am to far north for anything to finish,although I do have some out there ,lack building materials,althought I will have to draw up some plans to build some form of controlled environment,s o that I know what kind of materials to look for,

A couple pics to check out,the really big ones are from a BC kush female hit with a blue berry male,the others are a mix if clones from the stable,i really neglect them ,I feel terrible,awfully resilient,incredible really,cheers for now,peace
PS.yes to use of a wetting agent,i forgot all about it,ive even used ā€œsunlightā€ (the brand name of a dish detergent up here)years ago for planting on a slope,thanks for the heads up for use as a flushing agent as well

5 Likes

Still trying to get some study time in and I pray that I can today!! I will be getting back to answer some more of your questions,I get it rough from my licensed provider uncured wet , nowhere near the thc content,I almost always need to let it air dry for a day or two (at least overnight) but my God they went all in on the packaging tho.busy couple days and plan to slow things down hereā€™s some pics from last night Iā€™ll try update later today,hope you enjoy!! I feel like I should say once again Iā€™ve never been able to consume any of my own medicine ( not smokable, even my oil is crash and burn for lack flush and cure)

6 Likes

The seedlings are looking great , I originally started with 13seeds from plant #50 (seems to be my favorite number)in 9 solo cups I have 8 seedlings from there so far,the two from the bag seeds came up,no real direction here, planted directly no presoak . bag seeds and the joti mix pack seed I did persoak, which I used a plastic bottle cap half filled with filtered drinking water,seen the three all crack with tip emerged,I should add that the bag seeds where one day ahead in all stages than the single joti mix pack seed,so their is 16 seeds in total that were down.
I managed to pick up two bubble wrap envelopes today , would like to go through and organize seeds to date and possibly send care packs to well two brave souls, preference given to the ones kind enough to offer me advice here a swap would be super but not necessary, would appreciate it if you would be willing to let me know when you get them,and how thing go,I donā€™t need any negative BS in regards to this matter,only to spread the love, peace and have a beautiful day,Iā€™ll get back as soon as I can, I gotta go for now

4 Likes

Sorry about not being very organized ,I read a couple other grow diarys ,thereā€™s a lot that I could learn from them as well

3 Likes

Your doing great. . . .everything will come with experience. To me you learn more from error than you do succeeding so either way is a win!
Keep it up bro and we try to help the best we can :+1::metal::crossed_fingers::unicorn::poop:

4 Likes

Any way to move the light up some? You have major heatstress on the tallest ones. That would help you greatly in getting tighter nicer buds. The air in the close proximity to the element is going to be a lot hotter than just a foot and a half away. Talking 100*+ easy. Maybe work on training the next round to stay shorter if the light canā€™t be moved. Keep on plugging away. You will get there!!

4 Likes