First grow diary for Mechelle. X

Just a wee up date on all my babies. 9 still alive , doing well… There’s a couple of little ones , that I thought was going to die , I’ve repotted…6 of them , need to repot other 3 . all doing good … Here’s a few pic of 6 repotted and one that’s just going to get repotted , shortly.:blush:

4 Likes

The last pic is the one that nearly died , ! Had to actually ,slowly wet the shell , then gently pressed on shell , and , the wee cortaladon ( spelt wrong ) . sorry .! Came sliding out shell . it was pure white, didn’t think it would stay alive,. Still small but turned green and trying its best to live​:slight_smile: so I’ll keep ,trying to help it. :innocent:. Watch this , it’ll end up being the best one , out them all . lololololol​:grinning:

4 Likes

A big massive , happy easter, ! Hope yous all have a great day, today , mechelle xx mechelle

4 Likes

Happy Easter to you too @MBSeeds! :grin:

3 Likes

Hi guys , just my daily up date ,to how my babies are doing .:blush::slight_smile:…All are actually doing really well. ! My 2 wee runts have picked up , and is growing ,a lot better now ,so still got 9 out the 10 I germinated. Some pics .x mechelle x

5 Likes

Awwww put some of yestardays pics … Sox .mechelle x here’s 1more x

5 Likes

Don’t throw away those crisped up plants!!! I bet you could easily make a killer batch of potent butter out of that … silver lining.

Do you have a crock pot?

1 Like

I’ve still got them … I just don’t know how to make it … I’ve got bubble bags too , as I said I’ve not got a clue … X yeah I’ve got a cook pot . what else do I need ? Please! Thank you . mechelle x

1 Like

Oh just seen you said crock pot , ! Is that the same thing , a cooking pot ?.. :slight_smile:mecjhelle x

2 Likes

You can also use it to make Green Dragon tincture. Check out my thread for details.

5 Likes

I will do doll, thanx for that mechelle x

2 Likes

Only thing is , would I need to put them in oven still, as they’ve been cooked under a 600 watt HP’s and a heater turn on max 3 of them are pure dry apart from ,there is sticky in middle of them , but pretty much dryer up , all those plants are 4 ft , but …! When I touch them I know they’ll crumble. Well 2 other s aren’t as dryer up , all were nearly finished and covered n frost, just leaving them for they 5days .still got somothers that I hope I’ve saved ,if not , oh well …oh and I’ll Ned to look on line for that 95’% alchoal as ,you can’t get it here, but good thread doll. Mechelle x

3 Likes

So, if it were me, I would cut the plants, remove any material that is of no use, dry everything else by hanging it until it is truly dry (1 week +/-), and follow the instructions in the tincture thread.

1 Like

Yes, still use the oven it is not just for drying. :+1::seedling:

2 Likes

Decarbs it too, I was bit quick there on answering that.mechelle x

2 Likes

Thanx doll, I think I’m going to try that, will be good if it works out . ha Mechelle?le x

Personally I would dry them out and grind them up with a blender (or food processor if you have one)… put them in a crockpot with 1lb~ of butter and cook on low/warm for 12/12 (24) hours.

Then you would just need a strainer to strain the butter from the plant material/water.

It’s an extremely easy process that I do every time i grow, multiple times.

I then put the butter in the fridge and drop it in my coffee/tea and it gets me all day every day.
My favorite way to ingest THC, to be honest.

There are a lot of people on here with probably better methods (haven’t read anything below your response to me) …but I would do whatever is easiest for you… I’ll copy and paste the instructions I first used:

"1 pound of butter per 30-40 grams plant matter

1 cup of water and plant material in pot

Cook low in crockpot for 8-9:30 hours (or 12 on low and 12 on warm in my case), stirring at least once an hour during low part, less during warm

Use cheese cloth to squeeze and strain butter out of plant matter into bowl

Put in fridge for couple hours so butter hardens and separates from water

Take out and separate the butter from the water (might have to use a knife as it should be hard)- store in wax paper in tupperware in refrigerator

Butter is all done"

The reason i like this process is because the grinding / slow cook does everything for you including de-carb. May not be THE most efficient but it’s easy and works.

3 Likes

My main point was to not get rid of it because i would bet ggood money that there is still plenty of usable material there.

1 Like

I’ve seen that done before years ago, but I think that probs sounds the easyest way for me and lots more simpler sounding. Lol. Thanx everyone for there input. Mechelle x

Just read the other posts from 99 and Reiko- DEFINITELY not knocking any other methods… again my main point was to save it.

Crockpot method is far far from the cleanest but it works for me every time… Cheese cloth is important though because you definitely want to give the plant matter a tight squeeze (I use a vice grip) to ring all of the butter out after cooking… I used a combination of cheese cloth and a handheld kitchen strainer under the vice… you can use your hands to ring it out too, just wear some gloves.

It’s very oldschool but it’s simple and works. De-carbing via the oven might be beneficial too, I just have never used high end material in butter so I’ve never bothered with it considering they are in the crock for ~24 hours.

Seriously though, you have a lot of material there- you might be surprised what you can salvage! :slight_smile:

4 Likes