First grow diary:GG4xDreamcatcher

Appreciate the positive reinforcement mr Floyd. Every time your name comes up I get Pink Floyd stuck in my head. NOT a bad thing at all!! True classic right there. Welcome @misterbee! I feel honored you chose a corner here, I’ve heard things about your greatness!! I wouldn’t quite say it’s going great, but I appreciate the kind words. Thank you.

3 Likes

The repot is showing signs of improvement! That’s good, I wasn’t planning on posting for a while but I noticed yellowing leaves on the big mama, started from bottom and creeping up, that’s nitrogen i think. I wasn’t planning on using any ferts for a while. I got a little fox farm 6-4-4 but I think I might hold off to see if it gets worse, the FF ocean forest is supposed to already be loaded with what it needs right? Or if anyone thinks I should add like a 1/4 strength to see if it helps any.

Is that big one ready to be topped or fimmed or whatever? I don’t even know if I should or not. Space is small so I probably shouldn’t so it doesn’t bushy out the whole space? Would skinny and long be the way to go to squeeze 2 or 3 in there? 37”x24”x65” space

3 Likes

Ordered this stuff randomly to try out to see if it’s any good, will be here Tuesday or Wednesday. Anyone else use this?

1 Like

Also, been getting into making my own soil for my gardens and this new lovely hobby. I been digging in the woods on my property around downed trees and stumps. Got a OLD pine tree here so rotted out I could dig down the center of the stump with my hand and this spongy, peat texture loamy stuff just falls right off. That’s the red stuff. The brown stuff was underneath logs touching the dirt. Mycelium ran through it as well and that stuff is even fluffier texture then the fallen pine! It’s past decomposition where it will rob nitrogen from the soil, but never tried using this stuff straight into a pot or used as an amendment. Going to ph test it when tester gets here Anyone use or have knowledge of this? I read it’s amazing for plants, and is nature’s way of making loamy rich soil. Just not sure about bugs or bad bacteria that could be harmful in a controlled environment.

6 Likes

That’s good stuff, especially for the bottom of the pots. :+1:

The little ones look hungry to me too.

Cheers
G

5 Likes

I bought red worms for a worm farm I’m starting and sprinkled the castings from the container on top of all the plants, not much like a teaspoon worth on each plant. Idk if that will even do anything. I’ll try the fox farm 6-4-4 when it’s next watering time. Well poopy pants, that gorilla stuff I ordered should be here by then maybe I’ll try that stuff instead

1 Like

Water those teaspoons in, there’s some good biology mixed in there. :+1:

I swear my plants are eating EWC by the spoonful right now. Top dressed 2 cups ea. into the watering depression 2 weeks ago, it’s half gone (in the middle of stretching)!

Cheers
G

2 Likes

Wow, they literally eat that stuff up, crazy!:laughing:

1 Like

Good news! The stunted plants are starting to blow up! Boy oh golly gosh it sure does feel good seeing these little whippersnappers pull through! Used my new ph and TDS tester, my well water is 4.9 so I need to start letting it set out or hope fertz balance it out. I tested runoff on plants and ph is 5.2, ppm is 1530(I did use FF fert last water), and I’m confused with the meter, the EC says 3264 us/cm, I thought it was supposed to read x.x not a 4 digit reading with no decimals. So still got a bit of tinkering to perfect my readings.

Wedding Cake x Cake Fighter, doing awesome! All green with vigorous growth still
Valley Ghash x Cake Fighter, pulling through looking awesome too! Very happy with them

And Floyd’s strain, GG4 x Dreamcatcher, my keepers for breeding, are doing fantastic! The big one is doing good other then the splotchy leaves at the bottom, it’s only on that one plant, all plants have been watered the exact same.
Fimmed the big one, looks like I’ll get 5 tops maybe

Undergrowth is growing like crazy! I never seen undergrowth grow so wild. This is glorious!

Lookie what we have here, the big one is…a FEMALE!!! Boy oh boy did I get lucky!! I can’t believe it’s showing sex already! It’s only been a few weeks! Now got 3 more plants to get a male, I think I should be able to achieve this​:smiley::smiley::smiley:
the whole big happy family. Going to kinda hurt seeing most of these go outside, but won’t have the room.

6 Likes

@MoBilly hey sorry it took so long to tag you! It’s not as pretty as yours but it’s what I got! Any constructive criticism is always appreciated brother

1 Like

Thanks for the tag!
I’d rather be late than absent. LOL

1 Like

It’s alright, parties are usually boring at the beginning, hopefully this one gets a little better! I know I’m super stoked, especially after seeing that little pistil on the big plant! The leaves are a super dark green, that’s a sign of excessive nitrogen right? So I’ll just avoid any ferts for a good bit. You can see it better with this picture I took after the lights went out. Does light interruption affect plants during veg?

Even during light time a lot of the leaves on the plants don’t stretch out and up they stay droopy looking. Does that mean the light is too close?

5 Likes

Looks like the waterings/feeds might be too much/too often. Don’t let them dry out bone dry, but let them dry out before putting any more in. If you’re going to use organics, the watering is less and a little tougher to get down. If you’re going to use the Advanced Nutrients salts, get some good runoff every time so you don’t get buildup. I’d suggest figuring out a feed schedule instead of going by your eye. Feed/water/water can work with FFOF if the plants aren’t too hungry and you keep things in the soil nice. I’d pH that water into a better range for the soil. I know people will say not too with FFOF, but if you’re going to be feeding salts, I’d suggest pHing instead of chasing that later. Top dressing dolomitic lime helps a lot in soil too. Add it to to the soil mix before hand and then a healthy top dress before flower. I’ve used FFOF a few times with success. Nice soil. Really simple with their three bottle setup. Best of luck!

3 Likes

I hope you figure out that droopy girl. I’m interested because I never got my Cherry Pie to reach for the lights. She looked just like this one. Her sugar leaves even layed down on the buds like sheets. It was a pain to trim.
I’m watching this one closely.

@UtahGetMeTwo thanks for the words of wisdom man, I appreciate it. I’ve been doing a frequent short watering, I only did a full flush watering once and that was when My meters arrived and saw how high the ppms were. I’m going to hold off on nutes for now, but ya I’ll do that feed water water schedule you suggested. @MoBilly I wish I knew why they are droopy too! my lights are 20” from top of big plant and are dimmed less then half(assuming I did it right, SF200 has 2 controls that aren’t labeled on the driver, I turned down the one on the right per a picture I seen on the inter webs). Air is circulating on them, maybe just too moist or excess nutes? Guess we will find out.

1 Like

It was actually suggested that it might be a pheno.

That is her in center front.
She’s good smoking and a strong high but always had her leaves laying down.

3 Likes

That’s so crazy! And that’s the same strain as some of those others?? I think it looks cool myself, Hopefully a pro can chime in like a badass

1 Like

No, most are Gelato but I have seen lots of Cherry Pie and none look like that.

Plants are looking good, most are on the 6-7th set of leaves, spitting out 9 fingered leaves. The big one is amazing me how the internode from the 1st single finger leaf is shooting out and catching up with the top! I never seen an internode grow from the first or even 2nd set of leaves before. Even though the big one is growing like crazy it’s only about 7” y’all. I’m assuming I got a while to go before flipping the lights. And the droopy has gone away and they’re all reaching towards the light.

9 Likes

I went to turn the light power up some now they’re bigger, but it raises the temps higher, maxing out at 94 degrees, so that sucks I had to turn them back down. I should be able to turn it up during flower since they’ll cut off at 8 in the morning before it gets hot during the day.

1 Like