First Grow - Here We Go - SPACE.U beans

Curious which feed you’re giving them? Grow Big? Actually after looking at your post from 2days ago they do look a lil hungry. Maybe increase a mL or two.

1 Like

I’m using Grow Big & Big Bloom right now, both at about half the recommended strength. Will add Tiger Bloom when I go to 12/12. I’ll bump them up a little and see how it goes. They were a darker shade of green until about a week ago and then started gradually getting a little lighter.

1 Like

This makes me very happy. Plants have been in the tent 8 days and have more than doubled in size. Stalks are big and strong. Not sure if I should raise light or not. They don’t look like they are getting burnt up so that is good. Will keep an eye on them the next couple of days as they reach for the Sun. Going to up the nutes to about 3/4 strength since they are responding good. Tent temps are consistently around 76F. Humidity around 60%. Bottom flaps open to pull in fresh air until i go get some more 6" ducting to allow me to make a light trap and close the vents so no light enters when we go to flower.

Oh yeah, smells pretty good in there too… SkyDog

13 Likes

Lovely plants! :seedling:

1 Like

Blast off!

Very healthy! Great work

1 Like

These babies are really surprising me with their quick growth. Fed them again last night and I think they grew an inch taller and wider overnight.

Can anyone tell me when it would be time to trim some tops (FIM) ? They look so good, I just want to LITFA, but it is so hard. If there was enough room to sleep in the tent, I would.

Here’s where they are in the last 24 hours.

14 Likes

Hey brother.

What is your goal?

If you veg these much longer, I would suggest much more pruning.

If you can you flip these, I would consider it.

5 Likes

I can definitely flip them this weekend. Since this is my first real grow, it would probably be of more comfort to do that, rather than chance messing them up by pruning incorrectly. I’ll save that learning lesson for a subsequent grow. I appreciate any and all suggestions from you, @99PerCent. You know better than anyone what I can expect out of these.

Decided to rotate plant positions under the light and found the hot spot to be is front center. Plants are now growing to the same height together now, keeping my canopy nice and even.

Also wanted to get a perspective on size so I threw in some measurements. You can’t tell from these snaps, but some of the bigger leaves have a purple coloration around their perimeter. All this in 35 days since they popped. I’m happy!

5 Likes

@99PerCent, When I flip these over the weekend I’ve heard that doing 24 hours of dark before going 12/12 is helpful. Do you think it is worthwhile to do that or just go straight to 12/12?

I never have done this. Not sure what would happen.

1 Like

I would definitely recommend pruning them up a little bit! Especially because once you flip, the stretch is going to produce much more leaves and the bottom stuff will only be small popcorn buds. Either way they are looking beautiful!

2 Likes

I’ll read up on pruning tonight and see if I can interpret what needs to be done. Thanks!

1 Like

Mostly just try to clean up lower branches that aren’t getting enough light so that the energy will be put back toward the tops and forming your colas. A common method is called “lollipopping” which is clearing all the undergrowth up to the top 1/3 of your canopy. With a little research you will be a pro in no time, good luck!

2 Likes

Here is a shot from one of the very experienced growers here on OG

5 Likes

Excellent. This visual will definitely help in my understanding of the process. I’ve got a brand new set of shears waiting to be put to work. Makes sense tp me. Gracias senor!

1 Like

Thank you 99, was just about to grab an article or something!

2 Likes

First pass on the pruning. Took two bottom nodes off. My understanding is that I will probably need to take two or three more sets of nodes off before pruning is done. Does that seem reasonable or is that too aggressive. Don’t want to hurt them going into the flip. Here’s a couple shots.

5 Likes

I would apply strict LITFA until after two weeks into flip. At about that point, another strectch should have occurred. Then you look to take the last branches and any popcorn makers that are in the lower parts of the keeper branches.

Into flip with these babes.

2 Likes

Yes exactly like that. How many nodes you go up is all personal preference and lollipopping is just a general technique. Doesn’t necessarily have to be followed exactly and yeah as 99 said you will want to do it again about 2-3 weeks after flower has begun and the stretch is over to get rid of all the popcorn nugs. A lot of people will straight up “strip” the plant resulting in those super clean bittom stalks like the pic 99 put above. It really is all personal preference though and can be pretty strain specific, you will start to develop your own techniques and likes/dislikes to it. Cheers!

2 Likes