First Grow - Here We Go - SPACE.U beans

I’d love to plant beans all over my yard to choke out the crab grass and all the other annoying weeds that grow on my lot! LOL

2 Likes

Great looking plants you have there @SkyDog must say I’m impressed with it being your first grow!

1 Like

Thanks, @Tinytuttle . I spent a lot of time on here trying to learn, watched some vid’s, and read some books to get the general idea. I try to keep conditions as close to optimal as possible. But really, the great peep’s of OG are helping me get it right.

2 Likes

Knowledge is power! Always have the willingness to learn and good things will follow!

3 Likes

Three days after the flip. They are probably getting a little hungry for some Tiger Bloom to go along with the Grow Big & Big Bloom nutrients. I never realized how limiting a twelve hour light schedule is. Have to visit the kids early morning or right after work before they go to bed for the night.

12 Likes

They’re looking great!

1 Like

If you were thinking clones, those lower branches are sure looking up to the task.

12/12/ is a necessary evil. Tell the boss you gotta go :laughing:

2 Likes

That’s a great idea @99PerCent. I think I’ll try that. Actually have some Clonex I just bought. Is now the time to cut them or should I wait until they have settled in to the 12/12 a little longer?

1 Like

They are plenty big enough. If the bark where they attach to the main trunk is “woody” they will clone easily. If it is still very green and “fresh” it may have a difficult time rooting. I might wait until about a week into 12/12 at the latest and take em then. You should be coming up on that soon, no?

1 Like

Yes, that would be Friday night or Saturday morning. I may have to go out of town on Thursday morning so might have to do it Wednesday night or Thursday morning.

1 Like

Worse case scenario, they don’t survive and you get more monstrous buds above.

2 Likes

Just found out that I don’t need to make that trip so I can start my clones over the weekend as planned.

I have a question though, if anyone can help. Up until now, my humidity has been pretty consistently staying around 60%. Since the flip, it is now up to 70%. I’m thinking I need to do some dehumidification.

The question is around where I need to place the humidifier. Will dehumidifying the air outside my 4X4 grow tent help or do I need to find a dehumidifier I can fit inside the tent?

My guess would be that a humidifier outside the tent should help because of the amount of airflow I have going through the tent but I just want to be sure. I used to have a 70 pint unit in the grow area but that one expired some time ago.

1 Like

If you’re pulling the dehumidified air into the tent it will bring it down.

You’re Cycling the air in and out of the tent anyway right? So you’re just doing the work outside.

:call_me_hand::call_me_hand::call_me_hand:

1 Like

Thanks for the verification. That’s what I thought, but I guess I just needed to hear it from someone else. :+1:

1 Like

Today I was able to spend a few minutes with the kids and took the opportunity to take a few closeups of the nodes where I see things starting to form. I am going to try to guess here so please tell me if I’m in the ballpark or tripping.

1. Kinda looks like it might be a girl to me but not sure
  2. Kinda looks to me like this one’s a boy

Will try to get a few more closeups tomorrow.

SkyDog

7 Likes

I believe you’re right

3 Likes

yeah definitely a girl for the first and the second looks like a guy but you will definitely be able to tell in a couple days

1 Like

Here’s what I saw last night… Looks to me like three boys and a girl. Two other plants not showing any signs yet. Going to pull a couple clones off the little girl this afternoon and go from there. Wondering when it is time to pull the boys up and concentrate on the girl(s)?

4 Likes

Yeah male,male,male,female

1 Like

Would now be the time to pull the males and let the girl have my undivided attention?