First Grow - Here We Go - SPACE.U beans

If that is your goal then yes, still will be a week or almost two before they may think about dropping pollen by the looks of them.

But pulling them does allow your female plant to have more room and light available to it :wink:

2 Likes

Funny thing is that when I found OG my main goal was to gain knowledge about growing. Now that I’m here I am finding that breeding could be really fun too. For now, just getting my first crop and learning how to cure properly is the goal. Will have to put some thought into the next steps soon.Forever grateful for all the good folks here!

5 Likes

Doing a fine grow @SkyDog.

Plants are healthy lush. I hope they make a good product for you.

:candy:

2 Likes

So remind the old man please, what size container are we in and how long before flip were they re-potted?

2 Likes

They are in 3 gallon containers now. They went from solo cups into these right at 3 weeks ago.

OK.

The thing is, in the two weeks after flip, the plant stretches. At the same time, it creates a lot of new root to support the bud sites that will be forming. If the plant runs out of container, you may need to re-pot. Do you have any larger containers if this should happen. You will know it is happening because they plants will look starved, and feeding them doesn’t always fix bound up roots.

Can we get some root shots of the males as you destroy them?

1 Like

I had been researching some 5 gal containers so I will just pull the trigger on them now to be ready.

Most certainly. It may be a couple days before I get them pulled but pictures will follow.

1 Like

3gal are fine but mentioning what week they are id’ be flipping them shortly but depends on the space, also root binding isn’t a bad thing, its actually the best way to limit plant size imo, but at 3 gals they can be some pretty hefty plants if watering is kept up on them

These plants were flipped last weekend.

1 Like

then your fine then and yeah i thought you had already flipped them thus the pre flowers

1 Like

Finally had time to pull the masculinos today. Here are the photos I promised.

1st plant

2nd plant

3rd plant

Group Photo

Adios Muchachos…

SkyDog

11 Likes

Nice healthy root growth.

So, it does not appear that there is any room for more root growth. It is my experience, that in this situation, a re-potting is most helpful.

EDIT: spelling

1 Like

I’ve got some 5 gallon containers coming in a few days that should do the trick.

1 Like

I now transplant after 10-12 days of 12/12 on every female plant. The males will produce…

1 Like

After pulling the three males the senoritas have more room to stretch out, Two were definitely identified as girls and the third one was in question, until today. Totally looking girl now! The two others are starting to set some buds.

Closeups of the big one on the left reveal…

12 Likes

Just to counter 99 slightly, imo you still have plenty of root space left as they will start filling the inner part of the pot and the top parts now that they have hit the outside. As our plants throw roots out as far as they can to utilize all they were given, but will adjust accordingly if you limit their reach. As really it comes down to how big you want your plants to be as pot size ultimately dictates that.

But they will be filling your space either way now that the males are gone :wink:

2 Likes

Here are some photos from the last few days. Just fed some nutes tonight. Looks like quite a few buds setting now.

6/29

6/30

7/2

And a few of the clones at three days. They are looking better. Still have a way to go.

11 Likes

Well looky here.

I see some happy plants.

Must be getting some good sniffs off of these by now. :nose:

3 Likes

They are starting to smell a little better every day!

2 Likes

Update from July 4. Things are growing pretty good right now. Still having problems with lights but getting closer to resolving the issue. New ballast didn’t help. New bulbs arriving today. If not that, will have to speak to light manufacturer to see what can be done.

11 Likes