First Grow - Here We Go - SPACE.U beans

Hope this smooths out for you and the girls.

99%

1 Like

I’m more concerned about the girls. I’ve worked in IT for 34 years, so smooth is not what most of my days looks like. I can handle it.

The place I bought the Kit from has been extremely helpful and is working with me to resolve the issue even though their website says that after 30 days the manufacturer is responsible for dealing with me. I’ve had this Kit over 90 days, so everything they are doing to help is above and beyond what they advertised. If they stick with me until this is resolved, they will get an awesome review!

1 Like

They already got a pretty good one :wink:

1 Like

Those ladies are beautiful. I can’t wait to grow mine out, but I’m going to wait until I can a small tent to keep any males I may want for breeding. I really love the structure. Just shooting out those massive pylons

1 Like

I’m really pleased with them. It is all natural growth too. The only thing I’ve done is to prune a couple nodes from the bottom. I’d like to grow out some males too, but for now I just want to get the hang of growing some meds. I pulled a few clones from them last weekend. Hopefully they will grow out and be ready to flip about the time these get finished. Can’t wait to see what comes out of some of the other crosses too. Keep me informed on anything you learn when you grow some out too

1 Like

After 8 days of troubleshooting and trying to get my lights to come on when I plug them in, today, with a new bulb & digital ballast the light finally came on the first time it was plugged in. Hoping that was it, because I was getting tired of babysitting the light every twelve hours.

Here are some photos I took this evening. These beautiful ladies are 20 days into the flip. Can’t wait to see what they look like a few weeks from now…

SkyDog

11 Likes

Oh yeah definitely will. Wanna clear some room though and be ready for them. The most legit seeds I’ve ever had, so I don’t wanna waste them. But damn you’re making it look phenomenal.

These ladies haven’t been topped at all have they?

1 Like

No they haven’t. I was going to FIM them earlier but time got away from me before we went into flower. Then this happened :grin:

SkyDog

1 Like

Looking good man beautiful plants! I am currenly enjoying some fine herb from both the parents of these plants which I believe are Space Candy and Miss. Universe X Harlequin, really nice flavors and potency on both. :+1:

2 Likes

I’m happy to have these in my arsenal as well. @99PerCent is a hell of a guy… I’m just about to e joy some of his Kritikal Hammer that I took down last week.

:call_me_hand::call_me_hand::call_me_hand:

2 Likes

That he is! I feel blessed to have been able to get what I did from him. I think you and I are going to be in good shape for some time to come due to @99PerCent. Enjoy you Kritikal. Can’t wait to try some of the buds I have growing here.

1 Like

All right boys, don’t drag in too much attention :laughing:

2 Likes

More photos of the girls from over the weekend. They are still sucking up a bunch of water and really show some bud growth. Haven’t had to jump start the lights since replacing the ballast and bulb. Hope it’s smooth sailing from here.

Sky

10 Likes

This mornings check in. All looking good. Since this is my first grow, I am not sure what to expect from here. These were flipped 25 days ago.

How much bigger can I expect the buds to grow?

Should I think about staking these before they get too heavy? (or put up some netting?)

Any other things to look out for?

As always, thanks for input and feedback.

9 Likes

They will continue to expand until just near the very end when they will just harden up further.

The main stalk looks OK, some of the lower bows might benefit being held closer to the light. Thing is, the stakes are late cause you don’t want to jab too many roots at this point in flower. I would find the most vulnerable areas and try to carefully stake those if possible. Carefully placed strings can allow one side of the plant to support the other sometimes too.

Be sure air flow is maintained as low in the tent as is possible, don’t know where you are, but if the humidity climbs, Powdery Mildew or Bud Rot (Botrytis cinerea) can also set in.

Remind the old man, did we flip after we sexed? if so, that puts you at maybe 4 weeks, and you have 4 or so to go. When she stops taking water, she is definitely done. You can also go by the color of the pistils, or the condition of the trichomes. There are many schools here.

I like to watch and wait until they stop taking water (or crash over and break).

3 Likes

They went into the flip 3-1/2 weeks ago. (25 days)

Will start strategically placing some strings in there soon. I have two six inch fans in there but both are around the top of the plants. I can easily move one down lower. My humidity and temperature ranges are pretty consistent. Temps range from 72 to 81 degrees. Humidity from 52-80% usually hanging around 60%. I turn off the fans about 15 minutes after the lights go out and I run them for a couple minutes every couple hours during their dark cycle.

Right now they are sucking up a gallon or so of water every 48 hours, even more than when they were in veg. Nutes are at about 3/4 their stated strength(up from half strength when they were in veg). Not sure if I should increase or not given the hardiness they are exhibiting?

By the way, all four clones sprouted some healthy roots and went into cups of coco a couple days ago. Really interested to see how they do. Should be ready for flip about the time these big girls finish up.

Thanks for the info. As always, very helpful!

Sky

2 Likes

OK, I went back and did the dig. We flipped these, and then we sexed them. There are some informed folks who could clarify some interesting items here.

I believe the accepted approach is days from when the buds started to form when you flip and then sex. If they are already showing sex, then you can count from that point, or when you place them in 12/12. Again, I think this is how some see it.

I have always counted off of the actual day I change the lights, and I usually sex before I flip, but maybe we can all learn a little about this item.

I know, ask @ReikoX. I try not to pester the knights too much, but sometimes, you just need to know.

99%

3 Likes

I think if they are mature when you flip or clones, count from that day. Otherwise count from when they show. But really counting just let’s me know when to start checking them.

2 Likes

I looked back at my notes and you are correct. They were flipped on the 6/16 and started showing signs of sex on the 22nd. So, counting from the 22nd they would be at 21 days if I understand correctly.

1 Like

Happy Quaalude Day - Been away for a couple days. Heres what I saw this morning.

The first group of shot is just to document the structure:

Here are a few more shots of some buds:

SkyDog

10 Likes