First grow in 3 years

Absolute carnage.

Popped a bunch of seeds I think in November last year, didn’t have anything I particularly wanted to grow, so went through all the freebies which is something I have done a few times so my choices were getting quite slim, mostly autos left at this point.

I ended up with Dieselicious, Critical Sour Diesel, Blue Cheese, Underdog OG, Tangilope, Power Plant.

I made labels but somehow the ink just disappeared, all the plastic pegs I wrote on are completely white, there isn’t even residue, the ink is just… gone.

So I have no idea what’s what.

Despite not planting any autos, one started flowering in December under 18/6. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I left them to veg for 4 months, never bothering to set up the drippers, hand watering when I noticed one of the plants was keeling over.

I chopped the auto at some point along the way, actually came out quite nice. I sometimes struggle to find bud I like in terms of effect but this one hit just right, I’m wondering if it’s the extra time I gave it to finish, it had forever to finish up because I was putting off trimming it for weeks after it could of come down. Either that or the CBD levels you get in autos agrees with me, who knows.

The remaining 7 grew completely out of control, I was contemplating getting rid of half the plants but I couldn’t bring myself to do it so I chopped them back 70% and flipped them to 12/12.

Today were day 26 of flower, the canopy is a little patchy with some holes in places, some areas where it’s a little too thick but for such a disorganised grow I’m happy with where it’s at, the plants are healthy at least and one is really packing it on for so early in flower.

Next on the agenda is to sort out the humidity, it’s 70-75 during lights on and I’m struggling to get temps above 22c, I dare not look at a VPD chart.

21 Likes

Plants look good. I’m sure you will get a handle on the RH. Pulling up a chair.

2 Likes

:joy: :joy: I love this

4 Likes

This is my first time using LED, previously used a 1000 DE fixture for the last 8 years which was an incredible light so big boots to fill with these LEDS.

I have 12 unbranded QB288s, all LM301H 3000k. Combined they pull over 1.5Kw from the wall at full speed, I have them dimmed to 700W/45%~.

Part of why this grow got out of hand is because I knew I could get away with tall plants, in the past I had to be so meticulous in keeping a low plant height as those commercial DE reflectors were like lasers, they would burn anything closer than 4’.

The temp/humidity is also a new thing I have never really had a problem with before, the HPS used to kick out so much heat I could easily balance things just by adjusting the extraction airflow. These LEDs run so much cooler, even when turned up to the same power draw the tent is considerably cooler which is something I read but never really believed.

Come summer I think they will earn their keep.

At less than 4 weeks flower I think this one might be the powerplant or critical cross :joy:

7 Likes

I grew a Mephisto freebie like that. I planted it for a family member who never picked it up. So it sat out of the way and I watered it whenever it wilted, but ignored it most of the time. It turned out to be really good smoke.

3 Likes

Definitely looks good considering :facepunch:t2:

2 Likes

Day 35 and theme of the week is bud rot and bleaching :sunglasses:

I have never seen bud rot this early, though somewhat expected I guess with 70%RH

Good news is I got the humidity down to 50-55, temps also up to 25-28c which I might now try and lower now I have seen rot, also lowered the EC to 1.7 from 2.2.

A few tops managed to get a bit closer to the light, I moved the lights up another 6" in a few places which should be enough I think to avoid anymore bleaching.

3 Likes

For some reason excess nitrogen has been the bane of the last 3-4 grows I have done.

I tried switching to nutes that have lower nitrogen ratios, I stopped using any calmag because of the nitrogen in it, I upped the feed times so there is huge run off on the last feeds of the day. For the last week I have run 1.5ec, and also ran 1:2 ratio of A and B as all the N is in the part A. The bottle recommends 3ml/l and I am using merely 0.8ml/l, or 25% of the recommended strength nitrogen! I have lowered the nitrogen even further for week 7 to about 15%.

Why are my plants still so dark green, week 6, no fade in sight, clawing leaves, all plants look excessively leafy and poor bud development on several of them.

EDIT: the weak camera flash makes the photos look worse than they are, they have N tox but not nearly as bad as it looks in those.

I have also done some surgery on the house and now consistently get sub 48-50%RH. I have added extra fans and now have them above and below and all 4 corners, should be no stale patches and hopefully no more rot.

Lights has also been turned down to 550W total from the wall, some of the tops still looked like they were suffering and can’t raise them any higher.

7 Likes

Week 8 is done.

About half of the plants are showing yellowing in the small sugar leaves but only towards the top of the plants, this is expanding to some of the older and larger multi bladed leaves, more than likely from me messing with the nutrient ratios but I don’t know specifically what the problem is.

Currently running 1.5:5 ratio of A:B nutrients, starting to finally see some fade, amazed they are still this green at 8 weeks and running on such low nitrogen.

The bigger buds in the middle are about ready, sadly I have to do it all at the same time so there has to be some compromise.

These ones look weeks off still.

This one foxtailed like crazy then sent out a heap of new pistils, it was all brown before now mostly fresh white pistils.

I’m thinking of giving it another week, trimming some of the nicer tops for dried flower than throwing the rest in the freezer to make bubble, some of the bud is just so damn leafy with very little behind it.

6 Likes

Some really nice colour on some of them now, mix of purple and green calyxes

Random immature seed, only seen the one so far, hopefully not peppered with tiny seeds.

Another top lost to rot, not sure how this happened it had great airflow around it, <50% rh and it’s a far cry from the chunky colas that usually would cause problems. On the plus side, where the stem has succumbed to rot the bud above is dry and it smells incredible, I hate nothing more than plants that looks nice but don’t carry any smell through drying.

2 Likes