First Grow: Indoor/Coco with Autos

Cant really over water coco

5 Likes

I water once a day to run off in 3 gallon fabric pots with coco. I see your in plastic pots. Maybe its different.

3 Likes

Yeah that’s what I thought too, must be from the humidity then, I see I can spray with some water and hydrogen peroxide and hope for the best!

2 Likes

Yeah, I wouldn’t be to worried about it.

2 Likes

@Floyd i appreciate your level headedness and attention to my journal and imma take your advice, thanks dude!! :grin: :grin:

3 Likes

When I first tried coco I was worried about over watering. Got told not to worry about it and realized any problems I was having were not over watering. Its more like hydro than soil in my opinion. Speed of growth etc. its comparable to hydro.
This is a link to my first coco grow. You might find something useful in the thread. I got a lot of good advise.
Hand watering coco

5 Likes

Day 36

Decided to turn the lights down to 50% since I can’t get them any higher and I also bent the main stalk of the crop kind bruce banner, meant to just tie it down but then heard a snap and it looked like it didn’t need to be tied anymore :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Your crop looks beautiful, it’s also my first coconut crop, just like you, I’m very attentive to what @Floyd rites.

1 Like

With fertilizers? Or without, brother?

Nice plants @Cocobubble

1 Like

Ive had a few runs of coco since that one. I actually have another coco run going that I started a week ago. You can check it out here Floyds tent village

ocean.grower
With fertilizers? Or without, brother?

With fertilizers, I check my runoff for EC and PH and ajust nutrients accordingly

2 Likes

Greetings @Floyd is always a pleasure to read to you, I just come from your jumó about " watering coconut by hand" or something, it was your first coconut crop, there is good information.

I’m going to stop by to read your new career and be present out there.

I am currently growing coconut for the first time, using Athena Nutrients at all waterings, always measuring runoffs

I found a way! :joy: When they’re small and in a big pot I definitely overwatered my first grow.

If this was my garden I’d be defoliating those big leaves that are covering up the bud sites :grin: I’m a big defoliator, if they can’t handle it starting week three, they better toughen up! Looking good!

1 Like

I believe at some point I ran into an issue with too low ph, too close to light or phosphorus potentially as the blue diesel plant got a lot of discoloured leaves around the bottom and older leaves

but I think I’ve corrected it as much as I could judging by the newer leaves getting back to deeper green

According to rocket seeds my blue diesel plant could be starting on its last week today at day 42 but I’m going to keep and eye on it and wait to see lots of cloudy trichomes.

And the crop king plant is really branching out as well but isn’t as far along of course, I’m kinda happy about that as I’ll see what both lights on one plant in the tent can look like as I originally meant to do.

8 Likes

Thanks for sharing your grow!
I love your cat avatar picture!
Plants are looking great.
I bet you, if you were to try seeds from different breeders that you will grow even better plants! :wink:
:slightly_smiling_face: :v:

2 Likes

Thank you @chronix for your kind words and i think you are completely right about the breeder situation, I got these seeds when I had smoked a ton but never grown none and was taken in by rocket seeds from a podcast, I can’t wait to start some better genetics haha! The kitty is my boy Reggie, who may have even caused my pH issues as for a while I’d been leaving a vent hole in back open and he’d been climbing in chomping leave who knows how long hahahaha! So I really hope he didn’t pee in their pots but I’ve been told they will if they get them alone :joy_cat:

5 Likes

Day 55 for both plants but I think the Blue Diesel will be ready to cut and dry soon

6 Likes

The crop king plant will definitely be getting the benefit of a few weeks alone in the tent, which is good because it looks a lot bushier and I had to bend the main cola area because of the low lights

9 Likes

Cut the blue diesel today! First plant ever is on the books :grin:

Because I wasn’t planning on two plants at once I didn’t really have much of a dark place other than the tent that’s still in use for the crop king so I had to cut the stalks smaller than I wanted to originally so they’d fit in this cupboard. Also won’t be much control over the RH as I haven’t gotten a controller yet so this will just sorta be seeing what happens and I’ll have a humidity controller I can hook up to the humidifier in the tent for my next.

8 Likes