First Grow: Indoor/Coco with Autos

The crop king plant will definitely be getting the benefit of a few weeks alone in the tent, which is good because it looks a lot bushier and I had to bend the main cola area because of the low lights

9 Likes

Cut the blue diesel today! First plant ever is on the books :grin:

Because I wasn’t planning on two plants at once I didn’t really have much of a dark place other than the tent that’s still in use for the crop king so I had to cut the stalks smaller than I wanted to originally so they’d fit in this cupboard. Also won’t be much control over the RH as I haven’t gotten a controller yet so this will just sorta be seeing what happens and I’ll have a humidity controller I can hook up to the humidifier in the tent for my next.

8 Likes

Always fascinating to see peoples root pics so I wanted to record my own on my journal

12 Likes

You made me look up cropking… They have so many interesting autos, yet I haven’t heard anything about their autos until now :thinking:

Nice healthy roots!

1 Like

Don’t be afraid to super crop, I find it works well with most autos as long as they’re healthy, and she looks great!

3 Likes

You might want to check this thread
Rocket Seeds and Crop King seeds apparently selling counterfeit product
or this one
Seed Banks - Who can we trust?

2 Likes

Thanks for looking out, but now I found @Kakalak and Calyx Bros. :rofl:

2 Likes

I definitely won’t be buying from them again, I picked these out from an ad before I really knew anything about growing and wanted to try my hand at outdoor, ended up with two 6packs and these two plants are really the only ones who have made it. Although I did share some with friends so maybe they got some good results. Basically because they took etransfer I was like sick let’s go! But I heard from a podcast of a breeder last summer they were faking a strain from him and I thought that was pretty greasy they would do that. Can’t believe there’s podcasts out there who are sponsored by rocket seeds like how are we supposed to believe anything you say taking money from them :laughing:

1 Like

Thanks for sharing these Floyd! Luckily I am all hooked up with some JOTI seeds I got after my rocket/crop king flubs lol!

2 Likes

And will be doing my research on supercropping today and reporting back soon!! :grin:

I’m a lil’ late to this thread but I’d recommend feeding at a lower pH level next time for coco (if you were feeding 6.6 it seems high for coco) more in the 5.7-6.2 range I’d think. Sucks about the crispy top plant but exciting that you have some joti seeds. I need to get some myself but my seed collection is already too massive and I’m poor af :stuck_out_tongue:

What do you plan on growing next?

3 Likes

Hey thanks :grin: glad you could make it lol! I think you are totally right!! The crop king is getting watered around 6.1-5.8 700s ppm the last week and maybe bit, but was too late for blue haha! And I’m going to be figuring out a better rigging tonight so the plants don’t have to be so close I think that may be another factor to the crispy lady. I have a pack of big smooth romulon cross he included for free with my purchase of a pack of god strawberry cough! I reeally wanna go with the strawberry cough but also kinda wanna wait til I’m super dialed in since I love the smoke so much and want it to be perfect when I finally get it again :laughing: what do you think?

3 Likes

Sounds like a plan. I have so many seeds in my collection atm that I don’t wanna grow yet because I’m not confident enough that I wont fuck em up haha. Seeds def aren’t cheap so it’s heartbreaking when things go wrong or don’t turn out as planned. I ruined a Bodhi pack that way so like to “practice” with freebies or packs I have multiples of :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Cant go wrong with JOTI

2 Likes

I’m generally a learn by doing kinda guy, so I say go for it! Also, I’ve had lousy strawberry cough, and despite it not tasting great, the high was still the same. I also love strawberry cough, and I’ve been wanting to pick some up.

1 Like

The first and best strawberry cough I had was in Vancouver so I am hoping since JOTI is from around that area that it’s something similar! In a way I was glad to have these throwaway seeds to practice on. In the spirit of the Frizz I definitely made some mistakes and learned from them!!

1 Like

Trimmed up the blue diesel today! It’s pretty leafy which is probably just due to my inexperience but I’m still happy with it and I learned a lot :slight_smile: I got just under 25 grams not including some test buds I didn’t weigh. It smells a lot like ginger beer trimming it and in the jar

My trimming could probably use some more practice but it was pretty leafy so I decided to leave a lot of the ones that had a few trichomes

9 Likes

Here’s a pic of the crop king “Bruce Banner” at day 64

It’s a 10 week plant according to their website so it will be switching to just water this Monday

7 Likes

My inkbird humidity controller came just in time for the last week or two!

I think I may let it go to 11 or more instead of the recommended 10 weeks

May be going through some nutrient burn or heat stress but much less crispy than her late sister!

8 Likes

Day 67, 43 in flower

Just been getting 1L of tap water twice a day the last week. I leave it sitting out for 24 hours or more, started using tap from distilled quite a while ago as I got sick of buying it and the ppm would go crazy high after added the nutrients more than the dap did. The runoff pH is down to like 6.79 ppm 91

8 Likes