First Grow, popped in April

Good news/Bad news - Cora appears to be a girl.
That means that, though I have some fine grafting practice/protocol now, it was for naught. The “stick some girl branches on the boy and drive them off to the GF’s house for pollination” plan won’t fly.

The colloidal silver project has not produced any pollen. I have four short stalks with mostly dead leaves. It may be too late to start a new set of CS clones but I am going to give it a try.

Thanks to @toastyjakes and @Explorer for suggesting I hold off on the trip.

Perhaps this year I am a grower and next year I will take another shot at… How do you say?.. Chucking.

3 Likes

I love success stories

Talk to me about top cover in outdoor pots with in-pot sprinklers.

Seeing a bit of this. I thought PWM was an indoor thing.

2 Likes

Sprayed with Half&Half and water (1/9). Will rinse it in the morning.

2 Likes

That looks like bird shit to me

7 Likes

Milk is a homeopathic response to both bird shit and PWM.

5 Likes

I just rinse it off with a hose lol

3 Likes

Hose! I like a solution I can implement without buying things.

2 Likes

Color and structure are good for both of these Dora clones but they seem listless, limp and lazy. Maybe overwatered. Want to give them some sun but many of their sisters died of sunburn.

I think LITFA will work but not if I have to mind the big black dome.

Note: these guys didn’t make it.

I have yet to overwater anything in the ground. Maybe give them morning sun only or get a shade cloth for them.

2 Likes

I dug a hole, filled it with day old tap water, made a sloppy mud and pushed the pair of peat cups (I am buying coir cups now but I found these in the woodshed). Covered the surface with dry hole dirt, a rock and a twig. Luckily, covered it with the hat cause he next day it poured (surprise!) for an hour or two.

2 Likes

OK, thoroughly confused.
Cora, positively ID’d as female appears to be going bananas.

4 Likes

Well…

She had pistils up there…

That’s odd…

1 Like

Sure did. Does that mean that pollen from this plant and seeds from the graft branches (that are pollinated by it) will have herm genetics?

Every plant has Herm genetics

It’s to what extent that you need to worry about…

I’ve never seen nanners sit that way before, different indeed

2 Likes

These are definitely boy parts, right? Not some girl bloom moment that I just don’t recognize, never having seen a bloom.

1 Like

Name change: Korin
Apical bud(?)

1 Like

Drove with them (yes, Korin is going with they/them pronouns) standing like a sternsprit, head high, shrouded but proud, in my open trunk. Past police cars, lights flashing, past the police station. That’s when I realized I forgot my license!

Safely now in their new home!

1 Like