First grow, progress update

Hey friends!
I have been terrible about keeping up with the log I started way back when.
Basically, I am learning everything for the first time. Got a TON of great info and support from you all…could not have done this without you!! I am so grateful!
Basically, I started my grow in the beginning of October. 2x4 tent with a t5 and a viparspectra led. Got everything going with the t5, lots of trial and error…overwatering…nutrient deficiencies…the whole deal! It reminds me of all those old films of people attempting the first airplane…some crazy contraption going off a cliff.
I have been verging my plants for a loooong time, trying to get the hang of this, getting them healthy and vigorous, and also learning how to take cuttings successfully.
Well, I have learned so much and come a long way. There are many things I will do differently on my next run!! So, here is where I am today…
2x4 tent is flowering beautifully! Wish i had better lights, but that is on my list.
2x2 tent has my clones and mother’s and seems to be doing good.
I put 6 or 7 young plants out in the greenhouse to see what I can make of them outdoors, as we are just getting into some sunny-ish weather.
I have had my son helping me and learning from my mistakes along the way. He is starting his own seeds now, so we will see how that goes! It’s been a great bonding thing for us and I am glad we have come to a point in time where this is so much less of a taboo thing than it used to be.
I am trying my best to trim up my flowering plants to keep the shade to a minimum…so far so good, I think.
Now that I have a little experience and more of a clue what I am doing, I will get more organized with a grow log for my next run. I will attach some pics of my flowers that are blooming now…

Thanks again overgrow fam! Could not have done this without you!!

20 Likes

That’s psychedelic in that green zone! :flushed:

3 Likes

Lol! Yeah, that is my blurple viparspectra light :roll_eyes:
Tried to add some more lumens for flowering and that’s all I have currently.
I really want to upgrade to some white tubes that can not only cover the entire canopy, but also a few that I can put down below. I saw someone had that setup here…can’t remember who at the moment, but it sure seems like the way to go!

3 Likes

Still wicked fun to look at.

Totally!! I am loving this so much!
Beautiful, healthy plants with fattening buds…the smell is incredible. Kind of a lemon citrus thing :heart:

1 Like

That’s awesome, for a first grow, I think you are a natural. I like the lights, kinda trippy.

1 Like

Thats an awesome job you’ve done and for your first grow, amazing.:clap::green_heart:

2 Likes

@Greenacarina -There are many things I will do differently on my next run!!

That tends to be my common theme

Good for you persevering over adversity. I’ve been at it for like over 3 years and still learn something on the daily!

That is one of the biggest parts, for me.
I love learning new stuff!
I love good weed, too…but I smoke so little that I will probably end up sharing most of this with friends and family.
I want to get a good batch of clones going, too, so I can spread the love.

1 Like