First Official Grow - KIS Biochar + LEDS + Mephisto Autos

The book is really a great read it definitely is a low cost type of farming it’s stated in the book that all inputs including IPM can be done for like 100$ and acre

1 Like

At this point I can’t really say for sure my beds have a bunch of goodies in them which will make for some happy plants from here on out. I do like easy gardening though! Lol

Very much like Reiko’s approach… Looking good and healthy in there.

I got that feeling too, reason haven’t registered. I think I’ll just enjoy the sunshine :partly_sunny: here.

1 Like

I decided to watch some KNF videos on youtube last night after going through your thread lol. Makes me want to go out and pick some fresh plants

1 Like

Yeah not much action going on over there. OG was the first forum I started following, going to try and be active on here :grin:

1 Like

Anyone know when the best time to increase light intensity is? 2-3 weeks? My light was causing curling issues, but that didn’t seem to stop the growth rate at all. I raised the light to about 34 inches and it’s at about 30-40% intensity.

2 Likes

Fed all the girls compost tea last night made with African night crawler castings, KIS microbe catalyst and alfalfa meal. I then added coconut powder and aloe powder after brewing.

Day 17 Sweet N Sours and Strawberry Nuggets

Started doing some leaf tucking to the Sweet n Sours. One of them is responding extremely well and all of the shoots are just growing straight up.

The Strawberry Nuggets is definitely a slow grower, it still barely has it’s 4th node :rolling_eyes:

Day 10 Ghost Toof

Not sure if I want continue just leaf tucking, or maybe start some LST :thinking:

5 Likes

Noticed some discoloration and some spots. What could it be? Slight nute burn? Or burned spots from moisture?

3 Likes

I would keep an eye on it, but discoloration of old leaves as a plant grows is pretty normal. Keep an eye on new growth, but it should be fine.

2 Likes

Thanks for the quick reply! New growth is fine as far as I can tell :slight_smile:

1 Like

Had to go away for a couple days so I let my friend watch the girls. They exploded while I was gone :money_mouth:

Day 23 Sweet N Sours & Strawberry Nuggets

Day 16 Ghost Toof

6 Likes

Little update for ya guys. Started a new feed schedule, since I was just doing teas whenever. Doing a 10 day cycle, every other day feed. Today I fed 4oz malted barley/per gallon, ground in water + aloe and coconut. I may have over watered the Ghost Toof slighty. The Sweet n Sours are starting to flower nicely and the Strawberry Nuggets is definitely a slow one and super bushy.

Sweet n Sours Day 28

Strawberry Nuggets Day 28 and Ghost Toof Day 21

3 Likes

Hey do these look over watered to you?

4 Likes

@ReikoX Got any opinions on this?

1 Like

They appear to be over watered to me but how does the pot weight feel? Ru u getting a bit of run off? With the new barley malt additive I’d have to say that might be to high of a dose for them it seems really rich to me when I do teas such as this it’s usually like a cup of sprouts to 5 gallons of water this may be the reason they r looking a little unhappy ATM

2 Likes

Looks like ya could start opening the canopy and defoliate some here and there ru going to LST ?

1 Like

Thanks for the reply! Haven’t been doing the pot weight tech cause they’re too heavy and the pots don’t have handles making it quite difficult. Pulled my hamstring trying to pick one up bent over lol. I’ve been doing the finger tech and I just got a couple moisture meters. No run off, been trying to avoid that. But I’ve been watering every other day, and the last watering they got 100oz each. I think I’ve been going overboard on the water cause I’ve been afraid that the soil might dry out. I’ll cut back on the barley next time I use it though for sure.

The Sweet n Sours are both LST’d. Probably should’ve tilted them to one side though instead of spreading them out to create a nice bush.

Also, I’m weary on defoliating since I’m in soil and they’re autoflowers. Don’t want to prolong their life. I’ve seen some people defoliating with great success and no set backs but they seem to be using coco or hydro.

2 Likes

Didn’t realize they were autos … still learning about those myself Id hold back getting aggressive with them then maybe just cut back in volumes and frequency a bit then when watering

3 Likes

Yeah I’m just restricted on space so autos seemed like the best route, especially how far along they’ve come over the past decade.

Do you follow a watering schedule or just water them as needed? I just started a 10 day feed schedule so I can be more consistent. It’s looking like this:

Day 1: Prep Compost Tea (5 gallon)

• African Nightworm Castings 1.25 cups
  • Microbe Catalyst 1/2 cup
  • Alfalfa meal 1 Tablespoon alfalfa

Day 2: ACT add 10ml Ful Power (5 gallons), Thrive N (5 gallons), 1 Tsp of Aloe & Coconut (per gallon) just before use.

Day 3: Do Nothing

Day 4: 1 Tsp Coconut & 1 Tsp Aloe (per gallon) + 4 oz malted barley ground in water (per gallon),
strained and applied as soil soak.

Day 5: Do Nothing

Day 6: 1 Tsp Coconut & 1 Tsp Aloe (per gallon)

Day 7: Prep BT 1 Cup Alfalfa Meal 1/2 Cup Kelp Meal Per 5 gallons bubble 24 hours

Day 8: BT Strain, then blend small amount with 10ml Ful Power (5 gallons) +
1 Tsp Coconut & 1 Tsp Aloe (per gallon)

Day 9: Do Nothing

Day 10: 1 Tsp Coconut & 1 Tsp Aloe (per gallon)

2 Likes