First Official Grow - KIS Biochar + LEDS + Mephisto Autos

Definitely a little overwatered.

3 Likes

Just read buildasoils new blog post on watering no till. They advise 5-10% of pot size. I’m in 7 gallons, just watered them 100oz the other day, that’s way over. Gotta calm down on the water lol

3 Likes

That’s way too much barley, you can definitely over do the barley IME. Clackamass costs suggest one ounce (28 grams) of barley per gallon. He has found it just as effective to simply top dress the barley and water it in. He also suggests adding Ful-Power with the barley, I suggest swapping that out for the coconut water.

I water about 10% of the pots size every other day.

1 Like

Nahh I’m not a strict watering guy by any means probably should be though I would be if I was in pots but good old earth is a little more forgiving

1 Like

Damn okay, I got that watering guide off a post off reddit and slightly tweaked it. I’ll make note for the next time I use barley. And thanks for the tips!

1 Like

Been anal about everything since this is my first actual grow :rolling_eyes:

Ever since I posted those last pics, the two Sweet n Sours have been facing several issues. I definitely over watered, way too much. Along with that, I overdid it with the malted barley, and fed slightly too much nitrogen as well. One of the Sweet n Sours wasn’t hit as hard and seems to be perking up but the other doesn’t seem to be healing as quickly. Not sure if it’s taken a turn for the worst. Super upset that I injured my babies :cry: Need some opinions. @ReikoX @Tinytuttle @DiggySoze

3 Likes

I would let them dry out, then give plain water for a bit to see if they improve.

1 Like

Thanks for the quick response Reiko! I waited 4 days, and fed them 25oz’s this morning. One of the girls is perking back up it seems. Just worried about root rot :sweat:

2 Likes

When you water, water each pot till runoff…then DO NOT water till pot is LIGHT!!! Like really light.
Make up a pot same size, fill with dirt, feel it’s weight. That is when you water.

Looking at pic it looks like your drowning them…listen to ReikoX…let em dry out, then water plain water correctly. Let it go a cycle or 2, then we can see any issues.

2 Likes

I’m running no till, organic, so watering til run off is not an option. And if I let the pot dry out completely, say bye bye to the microbes. But I got the watering down now I think, I was definitely over doing it. I’m just wondering now if one of my girls is too damaged.

1 Like

They will actually just go dormant, that’s how they ship dry microbe products.

You know, I thought the same thing, cause how else would plants survive in the desert? Lol But everywhere I read, people keep saying don’t let the soil completely dry out, when running organic no till. Thought moisture was key :confused:

On day 38 for the Sweet n Sours. They’re not over watered anymore but they’re still facing some issues it seems. Can’t seem to figure it out. On the smaller Sweet n Sour, some of the fan leaves are still continuing to die, while the other, there’s a lot of yellowing occurring on the lower fan leaves. Could it be pythium?

4 Likes

On day 43 for the Sweet n Sours and Strawberry Nuggets, and Day 36 for the Ghost Toof. I’m starting to think that there might not be enough nutrients in the soil for my babies. The two Sweet N Sours have been having issues since the whole over watering fiasco, and now it seems like there might be a nitrogen and phosphorus deficiency. The Strawberry Nuggets has been doing great but it’s starting to show deficiencies as well and she’s been watered just right. Thinking about doing a light feeding. I top dressed 3/4 of the girls with 1/4 cup of craft blend from buildasoil yesterday. Let me know your thoughts guys!

5 Likes

Okay so I’ve been trying to nurse them back to health and they seem to responding well. The Sweet n Sour on the left is doing the worst out of the four, and growth has definitely been stunted. But they’re all flowering nicely now except for a nitrogen deficiency that’s affecting both Sweet n Sours and the Strawberry Nuggets.

I thought the KIS biochar would have enough nutrients through flower but I guess I was wrong. Learned a lot from this first grow though and already deciding what I should plant for my second. I’ve watered them three times since my last post. Once with a kelp tea and a quarter dose of Thrive Bloom, the second I fed a double dose of Recharge in case I had any pH issues, and then this morning with aloe, coconut, thrive bloom and thrive N.

The trich’s are coming fast!

Day 49 Sweet n Sours & Strawberry Nuggets

Day 42 Ghost Toof

3 Likes

Seems like I got watering down now. All of my girls seem super happy and have been praying nonstop :pray::grin: Even the one Sweet n Sour that I keep overfeeding has been praying and surprisingly even frostier than the other. Going to be feeding only water for all the girls except for the Ghost Toof and probably do one last top dressing. We’re on day 55 for the Sweet n Sours and Strawberry Nuggets, and day 48 for the Ghost Toof.

6 Likes

Here’s an update for ya’ll

We’re on day 70 for the Sweet n Sour and Strawberry Nuggets and day 63 for the Ghost Toof. They’re all stacking heavy right now.

I cut one Sweet n Sour down last week on day 62, she finished way quicker than the others. The other girls look like they should be done within the next 5-10 days.

I tried a little sample of the Sweet n Sour last night and was super impressed. She’s only been drying for a week now but she smokes so smooth, white ash and has lots of flavor for not even being cured. Astonished how clean she smokes, compared to nugs that I got from prominent dispensaries such as The Kind Center and Archive.

I’ve seen a lot of hate on autos from a lot of different growers, some prominent ones too, saying they lack in flavor or they’re weak. They couldn’t be more wrong. Like I said, I’ve smoked some of the best nugs around, from Cali, to Seattle, to Colorado and nothing I’ve bought has ever smoked this clean, especially for something being uncured and not even fully dried. I’ve had dried/cured buds that didn’t burn this well lol.

Sweet n Sour

Strawberry Nuggets

Ghost Toof

Sweet N Sour

9 Likes

Plants are looking great bro, well done!

1 Like

Very good work, grown well, good job man!!!

1 Like