First OG Diary_Purple Punch & Afghan x Northern Lights x Auto & GLO F2

Hello all - I have been lurking around for a while now, and have done a couple of trades so far all well.
I wanted to document this grow on here as the GLO F2 are from @ReikoX, the other two seeds are Purple Punch and Afghan x Northern Lights x Auto which are both from Super Sativa Seed Club.
The last SSSC run I did was their Sweet Bourbon Auto Kush and she as a beast, with a very nice smooth kushy smoke and strong body high.

There will be four plants living in a 1x1x2m tent - the tent sits in a lung room which was built inside the garage, sitting on a Wilma 4 potXL, which is essentially a ready made drip feed system, I have used the Wilmas for many many years and seem to navigate back to them after a try or two in other set ups.
I cannot find any empty tent pics, so here is one at the start of a previous grow to show the set up:
Z

My Medium for this run will be Gold Label Coco and Hydroton pebbles at a 40/60 ratio. It is the first time in this brand usually I use Canna coco/pebbles mix which is 70/30 the other way - so I will need to adapt my watering slightly to cater for that.
The nutrients to be used are Green Haze, two part - Veg and Boom.
In addition to this they will be fed ‘Canna start’ at the beginning, along with GG Monosilic, and everytime I bend, trim, tie down I will spray a healthy dose of Remp Velokelp all over. And to finish off some PK9-18 will be used. And of course, Calmag throughout.

The light is a Par+480 LED full spectrum, it is a UK company that make some banging lights - this is fully dimmable which helps as it certainly pumps out some light, so handy to dim right down at the start and when I open the tent.

Passive intake, along with a Phresh hyperfan and Carbo air60 for extraction, this is linked to a GAS E.C1 controller, and a couple of tube heaters attached to an Inkbird - this keeps the tent at a very stable temp year round. There is an AC, & dehumidifier and humidifier available when needed.

Currently sat in the starter tent under a cheap LED - the extractor is not being used for starting - it just happens to be my drying tent hence the filter.

The four to start are sitting on a bed of worm poo and sit in a sealed bag inside heated prop

Once they take I will move them in to the real tent and we can get started.

Cheers for looking in

11 Likes

All seems fantastic friend for a trip into frostCity

1 Like

thank you Andrexl - looking forward to getting somethin OG :raised_hands:

2 Likes

I m sure you will,and also I am sure we met in another forum,I much appreciated your help.

2 Likes

That certainly is possible, and always a pleasure, I have indeed been lurking around grow forums for a while - bugger I sound like a stalker now :rofl:

2 Likes

good morning all - so they all came up.
as my main tent is being used for drying at the moment they will sit here for a few more days then be put in to their finals. I have used these pots a few times now and they seem to work well, start them here then just put the whole pot in the final pots and they sort of dissolve away with no stress to the roots.

right hnd side is GLO F2, top left is Purple Punch and Bottom left is the afghan x Northern Lights
And the light that will be used as it is a change to my normal one

back in a bit when they move to their real home.

have a good day
Z

2 Likes

Hope this is an “Open Invitation”!! Gonna take a seat in that far right corner, if you don’t mind. Nice setup, THANKS for opening up your world. Bet wishes for continued success, obvious you have a “dialed in technique”. Take care, stay safe, and be well…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

here Misterbee - thanks for popping in.
Sadly life just threw up a big pile of poo - a real bugger as I wanted to pop my OG Cherry!
Fear not, I shall be back once I sort out life

Take care all
Z

1 Like

We will still be here and waiting when you’re ready. Seen you reference a UK light company. Does that mean you’re one of our lot bro?

2 Likes

yes mate - blighty is home! I can’t wait to get up and running again - but life is life

3 Likes

We all gotta take some time for ourselves :wink: there’s a few of us here. @Esrgood4u @Gaz29 @Albannach @Bob13 @Explorer and I’m quite sure a few more.

Take all the time you need bro

2 Likes

Thanks @anon58740919 - appreciated. I have to say depression is a fucker, when it bites it bites - anyway, doing my favorite thing tends to put me back in the right frame of mind.

So, I put four new seeds on to a bed of worm poo yesterday morning and sealed it and sat them in a heated prop.
This morning all the seeds ahad cracked, some has started to show root others not but either way they went in to their next home which is a coco pot filled with worm poo and sat back in the heated prop.

I finally got the room cleaned and ready for this run with the new light in to see how it is, and as such had to make some amends to the little room for the extra cables for teh drivers etc…

The four seeds are the same as last time with a Bear Assed Monkey thrown in from Mephisto as well.

So then, it looks like we are off…again.

(upload://eyLwHEvYXEGsinBz00M6gHplAUY.jpeg)

Tomorrow they will be placed in to the final pots and the roots will then grow out into the main medium - I find this way saves faffing around and reduces any risk of stress or root damage.

Cheers all - have a grand old evening and happy growing
Z

4 Likes

Depression is a fucker. All mental health is a fucker bro. I’ve got Asperger’s so I can kinda relate to the stresses to an extent. And fully agree this hobby is the ideal calmer :100:

That’s the first time I’ve seen anyone use your germ method but seems to be working. I’ll get updates on this thread now so be keen to see how well they pop up. Haha on the making extra room. This hobby teaches us to do that well :rofl:

Heard good things about mephisto but never ran any personally.

The best method I got for no root damage is to just start in Coco. Although next round I think I’ll be sprouting in root riot cubes on @Esrgood4u opinion on them :sunglasses:

Your name instantly makes me think of people from Kent :roll_eyes: spent too much time with them. Still call a spliff a Zoot. (Which is what I guess your name is a derivative of :thinking:)

Look forward to more updates.

:peace_symbol: Cola

1 Like

it is an utter dog!

When I was a lad I used to only use the root riots, cant really go wrong with them to be fair, especially when I all I ran was cuttings. These days I spend all my time growing out Auto’s that my buddy makes - we are on a mission with Auto’s and hope to get a small bank up in the future. Anyeway, since growing out autos I kept screwing up germination and the transplant was always a bit of a shockk, so I went down the worm poo bed route :laughing:

Hahahahh, Kent, god lord old Chap, what on earth! :rofl: :joy:
The name came from my cousin many many moons ago, it has never been a nickname if mine but it has been my screen name since my first diary back in the day.

Good to know us Englishers are around and holding our end up - hope to do the same.

Take care
Z

3 Likes

I’ve never used them. I’ve used jiffys for rooting cuts before though. Autos are good fun. My Mrs is running some now as her first ever run. She’s here too @Esmereldaspike

Not hoping for a bank as such but been working on a strain for a few years in my little brothers memory called jack’s rainbow. Actually got some f2s running to reverse and Hoping for a male from the original F1s.

Glad you clarified not Kent. Trust levels went up by 400% just from being elsewhere unless it’s Stoke :rofl::rofl::rofl: then down 8000% Manchester myself.

I just keep saying it like. "I’m gonna go wrap a big fat zaaaaaboooot fam :upside_down_face::rofl:

I’m sure you’ll smash it. Some good Scottish and Irish folks here too. Yet to come across a Welshman :thinking:

:peace_symbol: Cola

2 Likes

@Colanoscopy I’m the good Irish folk :rofl::metal:

3 Likes

Went to “Product earth” today near Coventry - I couldn’t believe my eyes, beyond the exhibition was a thriving weed scene going on, with all types, all amounts and qualities, and to be fair - the quality was ultimately good - there was even some nice hash floating around as well.

Anyway, the ladies are up and running, they are in their final pots and the water has been turned on.
The Mephisto seed came up then fizzled out so I put a Mango Smile in her place and she should be with us in a day or two.

For now:

Here is some of the CBD hash and regular weed I picked up at the show:

Tootlepip and have a grand old day
Z

3 Likes

hey hey good people! hoping you are all well!

So they are now moving, not a lot, but they are moving - they have clearly taken. The Afghan x NL is looking a bit CalMag hungry and the Mephisto replacement is being a touch slow but otherwise as it should be for now. Good lord it is so boring waiting for this bit - Stoners must unite and create a fast forward button.

There is another hydro/hemp/cbd show coming up in Norfolk - Paradise Gardens is its name.
E6D3279B-7C9D-4433-A162-3FEBAE4609DC

Have pleasant weekend one and all
Z

5 Likes

hey hey - the ladies are still plodding along slowly, I dont know why but my autos to tend to start slow then come through with a bang. Anyway, 13 days in now.
So 13 days on and it is still a touch slower than I expect at this stage, I think the heat has been an issue for me this time from the start with temps regularly hitting 30 - controlling the temps is very easy normally, but with the warm spell we have had it has been tough and being unemployed right now I cannot justify turning on the AC unit for 10 or so hours a day to keep the temps in check. Anyhow, it does seem the weather is abating a tad and the temps have crept back to a sensible 25 at lights off and 27 at lights on - that I can live with.

The Mephisto seed is generally being a bit of a twat, 3 first leaves came and since then she has sort of sat around waiting for something - for what I am not entirely sure. Either way, nothing wrong with a runt, every now and then they will provide some superior freak buds…lets hope for a freak!

The two ladies from SSSC are doing OK, the Afghan x NL, did struggle with a lack of Calmag last week, but has since recovered and starting colouring up more evenly since an extra dash of Calmag went in to the res. The Purple Punch on teh other hand has been good, slow still but sh eis strong and I think it is visible he will end up a decent size lady, for now she is healthy so let’s keep it that way.

Finally the seed from over the pond from @ReikoX is teh fastest of the lot so far, looking at a diary with the Glo F2, it should not be a huge plant, but expecting some well formed nuggage with a very high CBD content which is always a bonus.

some snaps from this morning
A56DDFB3-90C8-4BE6-90D0-1C3A14328A63_1_105_c

Just a snap of my today smoke - it is Pink Runtz from Autoseeds.com - nice day time smoke

take care all
z

4 Likes

Glad to see these being grown out.
:popcorn: :seat: :movie_camera:

The few testers I’ve grown/seen tend to lean toward a single fat cola. The GLo shouldn’t have much CBD, that’s the JLo line. However, they both have a common ancestor, Juanita la Lagrimosa, that was a 1:1 cultivar.