First OG Diary_Purple Punch & Afghan x Northern Lights x Auto & GLO F2

thanks Reiko, that helps - I made the CBD assumption based on its Lineage. Look forward to it growing out - she is doing well for now

1 Like

good day all - hope you are all well!
On day 18 now and they have taken finally - the growth is visible daily - just the way I like it.
Been having issues with heat still, forgot how reliant I have been on the AC, and without it keeping the temps stable over the 24hrs is autopilot. Anyway, I do think that slowed them down a touch at the start and the leaves have a bit of canoeing going on - otherwise they look OK to me.

Today the GLO F2 got a haircut, a topping and good old spraying with Remo Velokelp, she is the most vigorous of the plants so far. The Purple Punch is only slightly behind and is doing well, but the Afghan x NL is still struggling a bit - she had a lack of calmag at the start, coupled with the heat has stressed her a touch…she will be right me thinks. And the runt is runting along nicely throwing out random leaves.
Temps - 25 → 30
RH - 45 → 60%
Res temp - 22

The hose pipe ban has caused me some issues with getting tap water to my grow space, therefore so far I have been using 100% RO water which I find a real pain in the ass to control, anything you add it goes haywire, I will sneak a watering can in there later and top up one of the RO bottles with 5ltrs of tap ready for the next res change.
PH floating around 6.3 and 6.4, and the E.C is higher than I want right now at 1.4/1.6 but as mentioned without tap water I find it so hard to manage the res - if I just add Ro on top it does very little watering down according to the truncheon. They do not look over fed, if anything a few deficiencies are creeping in so I must get on top of the water situation over the next day or two to get it to where I really want at this stage.

Some snaps to show the progress

Anyhow, pleased they are finally moving in the right direction

take care all
Z

5 Likes

That bud looks mangy and dank at the same time.

1 Like

:rofl: exactly that - considering it is a indica it is uplifting until you have one too many then it is very much the couch

Hello all - I trust you are all well!
So they have come on a bit since the last update, there was lots of trimming, tying down, bending and so on - a good spray with velokelp to keep them going.
The heat has also abated which has helped keep the tent in the right zone. Also got my new drip rings today, it took about a minute to swap the stakes over for tej rings, and they wok great - really a much better distribution.

EC is at 1.6 bmade up of Green haze A&B, calmag, root tonic, and a touch of monosilic. PH is stable at 6.2.
Temps are now back under control and we have lights on at 26 and lights off at 24. just the way I like it.

Otherwise they are doing ok, could be better but the heat really slowed them down.

Anyhow, time for beer, doobie and weekend

have a good weekend one and all!
Z

4 Likes

helo all - hope you are all doing well - I swapped the blue stakes out for dripper rings as with this new coco mix the water runs off to fast so with the rings I get a much better spread.

At 20 days today, I have had my numbers all wrong until now, so at 20 days I am comfortable with where they are. The Afghan x NL is being a bit of a twat wanting something but I can quite figure it out.

I had a look at the Mephisto lady and so far she has topped herself twice - pretty random but that is the reason I kept it, I want to see how it goes.

The tem,ps are back in the good range nwo the temps have subsided somewhat. The EC is sitting at 1.6 made up of Greenhaze grw A&B, calmag and root tonic. PH is at 6.2, temps between 24 and 26.6 and an Rh sitting at 50%.

\

Thats it for now - cheers all
Z

5 Likes

Hello all - the ladies are flying along now.

Looking at other grows of the GloF2 and Reiko also said that it should be a plant that grows up the main and produces one large cola, and seeing other NLxAfghan from SSSC I have clearly mixed up the seeds when they were sat on their bed of Poo.
So, what I know now to be the NLxAfghan is being bent around and has plenty of heads and has started stretching so looks like she will be a decent size, the Glo F2 is a strong hardy littel blighter, I snapped her main head the other day and she didnt blink. The Purple punch is doing well also it is just the plant from Mephisto that is nuts - she has topped herself five or six times now and as a result is very stock with plenty of heads, I have had to take a fwe off just to see what is going on with her.

They are drinking a lot now, I am toppping up the res with 15 litres every other day now. The mix is made up of, root tonic, Bloom A&B from Green haze and Calmag - sitting at an EC of 1.6 in pure RO water.
Temps have sorted themselves out and as a result everything is looking better.

(upload://hhUhN9W866N2ZJDCuwAsNkoyWoH.jpeg)

Thats it for now - keep well all and happy growing
Z

4 Likes

Hey hey hey - good day OG - i hope you are all well.
So then, a little update from our wet little land - the temps have cooled right off which has been a godsend to me and as a result everything is back in working order and rate of growth expected - they are now at 43 days old from seed.

The picture below and all in fact are - Top left from Mephisto, top right is the Afghan x Northern Lights, below that is thePurple Punch, and to the left of that is GloF2 - they are all autos (just a reminder)

Since the last update, I have changed the tank to Bloom nutrients and starting adding Monkey Nutrients Boost and next week I will dose up some PK 9-18

For some reason they feel very very slow, but I dont think they are, it is just normally, I plant the seeds, and scarper for a couple of weeks at a time to my treehouse abroad, so when I am back they are always very different, watching this grow from start to finish is breaking my balls :rofl:

Happy growing all
cheers
Z

5 Likes

now the weather in Blighty is a bit better (cooled down to normal England) I have put my new light back up, it pumps out more heat than my existing light so I took it down when it got too hot a few weeks ago, but now it is back and the meanwell drivers sitting in the lung room are heating that up without the need for a radiator - double win me thinks

Cheers for popping in and enjoy your sunday people
Z

5 Likes

Helo all - I trust you are all staying well!
After their last defoliation which pretty much cleared them bare they decided they wanted to bring some back - the Purple Punch front right is going nuts and taking up a fair amount of the front of the tent now. Later I will have to bend the Glo abit to the left to ensure she gets full light to the end.

Take care
Z

3 Likes

Hey hey one and all - hope you are all good!
Been out shrooming but I am shit so did’nt find anything…lol, try again and try harder next time (stoner self to stoner self said).

Anyway, upped my rings today from the 12cm to the 25cm and they fit much better. Also had to supercrop a branch but ballsed it up completely and it is hanging of a fiber now being held up with a Yo-Yo. otherwise everything is fine and dandy

Take care all
Z

2 Likes

Hello all - hope you are all well and having a grand old weekend!
Not a huge amount to report, they are drinking lots and EC is sitting at 1.8 now being made up of Bloom A&B, Boost and Rokzbastic - I have stopped hte calmag, I have found with autos once in flower they ca be weaned off calmag quickly enough allowing room for more base nutes as it is so bloody EC costly.

The Purple Punch is finally stopping her stretch and she ended up consuming a vast area of the tent, I should have done better keeping her in check but no drama.
The AfghanxNL is very sugary but is not swelling up as I wpuld have liked but is as you can see far ahead of the others in the tent - and at 55 days from seed is looking good, just a tad slender.
The GloF2 has perked up a bit which is good, it took her a long time to get started on flower but she has finally crowned and is taking shape nicely.
Finally the Mephisto plant which is Mango Smile x 3BearsOG - she has been crap since the start, but over the past week or so she has come in to her own, had a quick stretch and crowned some nice heads.

Enjoy the rest of your weekends
Z

4 Likes

They are doing their thing! It is a total mess in there right now - th ePurple Punch really went to town and is now an umbrella so I will chop the NLxAfghan this week and spread the Punch out a biitherwise - all is good

I go aw2ay on Friday for a week or so, which is a pain at this stage but the treehouse is calling me, so I must oblige

Z

5 Likes

Hello all - hope you are al fine and dandy, went out looking for Liberty caps but had no luck, but I did try some of my Golden Teachers and that was very pleasant indeed.

Anyway, I am going away for a week so to cater for that, I chopped the Afghan XNL early, adn spread out the Purple Punch with the view of not getting mould and the res lasting until I return.

The AfghanxNL

The rest after some super cropping of the PP

Cheerio and catch you when I get back
Z

5 Likes

Hello all - I hope you are all keeping well!
Back from my break and the Afghan x NL is now dry, when I was given the seeds to test they had no name, but they are now and I think they are now on their site and called Auto Northern Dragon Fuel- by gosh she packs a punch, a very potent plant indeed - a very high high which gets you floating, and with a nice hasy taste to boot. She has not cured yet, but went in to grove bags and there she will sit until at least christmas.

The rest of the ladies in teh tent are going along, the Mephisto plant has really come in to her own and has some very nice buds forming with a very dank smell.

The Purple Punch is also doing OK, she took a bit of a beating whilst I was away, but not sure what is the problem - and to be fair I am going to chop them all down in a week or so anyway, as I want to get started on my new batch of personal seeds.

The GloF2, started really well but has had a very bad time and now she is flowering but she does look sick, once again not sure what - but I think when I was away the tank must have gotten pretty dry and I essentially overdosed them all. Lets see how they go

!(upload://1j7oql4jGvAwAqLEm9UFuVbdK2v.jpeg)

Whilst at my treehouse, I picked some Olives and had a go at making my own brined olives - the trees look beaten with teh very hot and prolonged dry summer, some trees have no olives but others are fine, so I doubt I will get much oil this year - but on the flip side, all the orange trees I planted have held on for dear life and are growing nicely

Have a good week all
Cheerio
Z

4 Likes

hello everybody - hope you are all keeping well!

Not a lot to report this time, other than the Purple Punch is still a monster, the GLOF2 is pumping out some beautiful smells and the Mango Smile x 3BOG is looking dank.

Time constraints mean everything is coming down during this week.

The GloF2 - very slender, very very hard nuggets and great smell.

The Purple Punch - she suffered a bit whilst I was away and now she is foxtailing, but still smells tops and her buds are a touch airy but plentiful

Mango Smile x 3BOG, she stayed at the back, barely touched after the first couple of rounds of bending and trimming back.

The Glo and most of the Purple Punch will go into making bubble and will be fresh frozen - also I want to try to make the solventless cartridges that @ReikoX showed us on his thread, and some of the Punch will also go to make a cob, always wanted to try to make them.

That’s it for now - enjoy your sunday and thanks for popping by!
Z

7 Likes

Wow @Zaaboot ! I just got caught up on your thread. You cultivate some really nice looking plants! Keep up the great work!(and thread😁)
:peace_symbol::canada:

1 Like

thank you very much Budderton - appreciated! I am loving autos these days, making them and growing them, gives me a lovely variety to smoke from

1 Like

Hello all - hoping you are all well!
So then, at day 87 the last of the plants are down, it took a couple of days to process the Purple Punch the beast that she was. I put 1kg of wet bud in the freezer to do a hash run and the rest is drying in brown paper bags in my smoking den.

There were some lovely flowers from all the plants, the GloF2 was under ripe to be fair, but has one of the most elegant fruity smells I have come across in a while.

The Mango Smilex3BOG stinks of dead things which is also nice. Her buds ewre all hidden behind the PP and its own leaves and I must say, she impressed me when I chopped her, big solid bud everywhere.

And now the tent be nearly bare - today everything will get a good clean ready for the next round:

Pure Red CBD - Sweet Seeds
Boomstick - Sawneys Beans
Mimosa Punch - Dutch Passion
Trichomes and Cream - DP

Take care
Z

4 Likes

hello people - hope you are all well! Just a quickie - the next round is up and running

They are all in their final homes now. The res has Canna start, root tonic and a dash of calmag - set at a PH of 5.8 and an E.C 1.
With the temperatures getting colder now, I added an extra radiator to the Inkbird, and it is all good now - 24 degrees lights on and lights off.

Cheerio and thanks for popping in
Z

5 Likes