First OG Diary_Purple Punch & Afghan x Northern Lights x Auto & GLO F2

Hello all - I hope you are all doing well.
So as not to waste disk space with baby plants, here is a pick of the hash I washed with the GloF2 from the master @ReikoX I didnt weigh what went in or came out, but I do know I am happy with the results, it has been drying for a week now made ofrm fresh frozen buds.

The terps on this lady are epic

5 Likes

Looks beautiful. We’ll done.

2 Likes

Thanks @ReikoX - the Glo has a very unique taste, incredibly fresh, nice!

So the plants are 18 or so days old today - they have struggled a bit with life thus far, think it was a little too much N at the start coupled with Low RH - that has all been recitifed now with s res change and putting the humidifier in the room.

They got their first haircut today - the two plants at teh front should be faster than the two at teh back so I topped those with a view to training to keep things as even as I can with the four strains in the one feeder system.

Whilst I am here, I was playing around with my press yesterday making up some rosin, and I thought I would see which way of doing th4e bags works best. I always assumed the barrel shape was better than the flat rectangle shape. I didnt weight what went in or out, but it was about the same that went in the bags - for test purposes they were both 120 micron bags

The rectangle

The Barrel

Obviously, no children or animals were harmed during the experiment :rofl:

But seriously, does anyone else find the difference so big?

have a grand weekend all
Z

2 Likes

Hello all - hope you are all doing well.
As you saw from teh post above they got a bit of a beating about 3 days ago now - I always top and abuse Autos and they generally do fine, there are a fwe finicky ones but generally go for gold once the roots have established.
Here they are today

The lights are now up to 70% and sitting at 20 inches away, the EC is at 1.2 and that is made up of Green Haze grow A&B, root tonic, and a dash of calmag in straight RO water.

The temps have gotten cold all of a sudden currently at -3 outside, and with my tent sitting inside a lung room that I built in the garage the only change I had to make was increase the ambient temp in the lung room via the inkbird app and we are comfortable at 23.5 lights out and 25-25.5 lights on. The RH is low and has been since the start of the grow, it has probably slowed them down slightly but nothing adverse to note, considering I never really use any kind of humidity dome after they go in their big pots which is pretty much a few days after sprout I am happy.

Been pressing some more rosin - the Glo gave out a beautiful coloured very fresh scented rpsin that was nice and pokey.

The Purple Punch on the other hand is a darker colour, which gives of a very fruity affair - nice.

Thats it for now - take care all
Z

4 Likes

That GLo rosin looks tasty. Nice job. :clap:

Thanks Reiko - as I chopped her early she is not the best to smoke which I had assumed hence putting most of her fresh frozen to has which I keep as hash, and the rest was dried and pressed for rosin. Really pleasant high from her as well.

1 Like

Hey there OG - hope all is well!
Jut a quick snap to show how they have fully bounced back after their first bit of bondage - Autos are tough cookies and timed right they can be abused as much as any photo I think

The two at the back have been topped and tied down a fair bit, the two at the front are quicker strains so have only had heavy defol and branch removal - the two at the front will get tied around a bit over eh coming days as they enter flower. The two at he back will go for a while longer so they will continue to get tied and trimmed with a view to maintaining 8–>10 main colas amfd little else.

Cheers for now
Z

2 Likes

Hey all - back again with a little update. Not much to report other than it is freezing cold outside here in the UK and with the tent in the garage I started to get a little worried the lung room would not hold heat, but it has done a sterling job, putting the extra touches when building it like the insulation on every wall and the floor. Inside the garage is cold, the thermometer read out -7 just now.

Anyway, the girls are plodding along, the RED CBD and Boomstick have started to fling out the odd white hair, the two DP ladies are being bent and tied to keep them flat a they will get big.

Thats it for now - time for a hot drink and doobie
tae care all
Z

3 Likes

Good day all - been a few days and the ladies have been growing along.

The two ladies from DP along the top have had all sorts of abuse thrown at them, they have been topped, are being tied everyday and having leaf removal also on a daily basis, they are now the right shape I want and it looks like they are about to go for gold and start flowering.

I noticed the Mimosa Punch a couple of days ago had a hole in the top where I had topped her, nothing major but it was the first time I have seen that - so I got some beeswax that I use for making balm, warmed it a little in my hands on the radiator then plugged the hole.

Pretty much all of them have started crowning with white hairs popping up in small numbers around the tent, the next res fill will be with bloom nutrients.

Tents in the UK are back to normal - shitty, wet, windy, and goold old fashioned grey - so this helps my tent anyway with it sitting in the garage.
Temps: 22-25
RH - 35-45%
Res Temp: 20
E.C. 1.4
PH: 6

Not the best looking tent but for now I am comfortable, I expect the two along the back to blow up over the next week or so as tends to be the case with all the DP seeds I have grown out, the Mazar auto for example, started slowly I thought I had stunted it, and then went on to finish up @1.7m tall and giving out 20oz of perfectly dry top shelf, they all have similar traits, must be a standard father they use.

So far pretty disappointed with teh Pure Red CBD, for you chaps and ladies in the US you can get a kilo CBD for the same price as a packet of biscuits, here we still but the stuff by the gram…so I try to have 1 plant going each time to give me just CBD, that I mix and match and blend as and when - anyhow, this plant is small and sluggish, looks nice but I very much hope she grows up a bit to give the buds somewhere to grow.

After many years of hard Service my Volcano Digi passed away recently, it was sudden but pleased to say that it went quietly in its sleep :laughing:, but it left me with a dilemma, having been out of work for over a year now I am running very low on funds, so going and grabbing the Volcano Hybrid was frowned upon by the “Minister of the Interier”, so after much digging I decided to grab the Arizer XQ2 - so far so good. Its not a Volcano, but it is an acceptable alternative? Time will tell

Otherwise, all is well - stay safe all and happy growing
Z

3 Likes

The Arizer is a good machine, it isn’t ‘a match’ for a Volcano, but neither is the price…
There’s also a DDave mod you can do as well, but than can wait until your prospects improve.

Cheers
G

1 Like

hey Gpaw - hope you are well!
So far I am liking it, but precisely as you say,the prices are vastly different - once the curse of unemployment passes I may treat myself to the new Volcano Hybrid, for now I am very pleased with this one. Will check out the mod see if it is available over this side of the pond.

cheers
Z

1 Like

hey everyone - hope all you over the pond are staying warm and safe right now, it is looking pretty grim over there!

So, I got myself another toy - this is the Pot by Noids - first up, I am loving it, so bloody easy and it actualy does what it is says in the tin.

So far I have made FECO and reclaimed most of the Ethanol, infused butter, infused Hemp oil, and generally played around to see how it is.

Pretty little machine I think

I am down south so cant see my plants now, but at least I know the temps and humidity are in range :joy: sort of irrelevant really as so many other things can stop working in the tent, no dramas, I am comfortable leaving everything for about 5 days at this stage as the res will suffice and everything else is automated.
Two real reasons to travel before Christmas - I wanted to visit my parents and say hello, and also to visit the hippies. I heard on the grape vine there is some Red Leb floating around, as well as some ‘real’ old school jamaican weed plus a few blocks from Cambodia - I know none of it will be as strong as what we grow, but I love this old stuff, and if it every rears its head I try to stock knowing it could be another 10yrs before seeing it again.

And some of the hash from the last crop - it has pretty much stabilised now, but it is a nightmare to make a joint with, as soon as body heat touches it it melts away, so I have worked it using a Pizza stone, keep the stone in the freezer and take it out to skin up on keeping the hash hard(ish).

Take care all - have a jolly Christmas if you are in to it :raised_hands:

Z

4 Likes

Now that’s clever!! :+1:

Cheers
G

1 Like

Hello all - been a few minutes! hope you are all well and enjoyed the holidays. And for those in the US hope you are safe and warm!

so then, been a busy week or so, went down south to see the hippies, managed to get my hands on some lebanese hash, really very pleasant, smooth and clean. Also got some lovely Jamaican bush which is also lovely, it has almost fermented the same as COB curing, very musky and flowery scent with a surprisingly strong high.

I also got a sack of Cambodian weed which also look every nice and smells lovely, but that is staying sealed for now. So over all a good run

The ladies are also doing well, not a lot to report other than they are stretching and I am spending most of the time training and trimming to keep things in place.

Between the four of them they are getting through just over 8 litre of juice per day, with 10 being the normal for four plants in full flower so certainly on their way.

EC is at 1.4, but every morning is at 1.2, so they are very thirsty, and as such I will nudge it up to 1.6 at lights on today.
PH is sitting at 6 and temps are always stable betwen 23.5 and 25.5

Thats it for now folks - stay well and happy growing

Z

3 Likes

hello everybody - firsyt up, I trust you all had a pleasant break (if you had one) and are raring up for our next stint :raised_hands:

The ladies are doing as they should and are growing at ful pelt right now, in fact i am having trouble keeping them clean, or Schwazzing them as I can get to the backs any more so tying them down is now pretty much done.
They have all started flowering nicely and teh res has now been fully switched over to bloom nutes - not one to mess around with bottles of “bud this or bud that” they are only on Bloom A&B from Green Haze for now with a touch of calmag - starting tomorrow the next res fill up will have their first dose of PK 9-18.

They are certainly getting through the res, which is currently sitting happy at 1.4EC with a PH of 6 and a res temp of 20. I am currently adding about 10 litres to the res daily which tends to be what they get through at this stage and does not really increase - the fertigations are for 3 hours distributed over 8 times during lights on.

From the last post you can see they had just had a good clean, I went to london for a few days and when i returned they had gone nuts

Top left clockwise we have the Tricomes & Cream, Mimosa Punch, Boomstick, Pure Red CBD - and just a reminder all abused autos.

After the schwazzing this morning

not as clean as they should be, so will go in again tomorrow before lights out and hopefully that will see them through to the end with little tying and bending to keep the space optimised.

Thats it for now - happy growing
Z

3 Likes

hey all - hope you are keeping well!

Just a quickie to show how they look a couple of days after a serious defol - they are loving it, I will have to go in again me thinks

They have now had the PK added to their res, and at this stage of life I start to reduce the calmag which allows for more core nutrients which is the way forwards, last grow there was pretty no calmag added to the res for the last four or so weeks so I may not add anymore and keep an eye on things.

that’s it for now - happy growing
Z

2 Likes

Hey al - back again for a little update.
The Mimosa Punch has gone nuts, no matter what I do to keep her flat has not worked, she keeps breaking out! The others are doing well also, and it is time for another major defoliation today, I want to strip them down as much as I can so I can leave them be until chop.

They are still on the PK9-18 and are loving it, only Bloom and A&B now with the PK, calmag and root tonic has stopped, giving an EC of 1.4, and a PH of 6.

That’s it for now - cheers for popping by
Z

4 Likes

hello everyone - hoping you are all well!

Been a week since the last update and teh ladies are 60days old today, thankfully the Mimosa stopped stretching, amazing really she got so much abuse and was tied down heavily, but she broke out of a few and has really made it hard to manage to the tent, I expect the Trichomes & Cream to finish up alongside the Pure Red CBD allowing me to spread out the mimosa as she is rather cramped at the moment.

EC is steady at 1.4, Calmag has been stopped completely and they are only getting Bloom A&B along with some PK9-18. PH is flat at 6. Temps are all good 23.5 off and 26 lights on, and tghe rest temp is 20.

The Mimosa behaving like an angry Triffid taking over the tent

T&C top left, top right MImosa, Bottom right is a Boomstick and to the left of that is the Pure Red CBD

T&C
4966FCDD-6E5F-495E-A925-06DB5B800DD7_1_105_c

Thats it for now - stay safe and happy growing
Z

4 Likes

bit of squishing this morning

Purple Punch

Pressed at 195 for 2m 30s

3 Likes

Hello all - the mimosa got too tall and was touching the light which had reached its limit…so I supercropped the tall tower branch, then decided to cut it off entirely as it was acting as an umbrella which is not acceptable really.

Otherwise things are running along steady, the Trichomes & Cream is pumping out the crystal, and the overall smell in the tent when I open the door is wonderful - fruits, rotten egg, fuel, and a very sharp citrus from one of them.

Had to be done, the whole plant will benefit as a result of removing the tower, she has so so many nice long colas building up, it would have been silly to keep it as it was - now the light penetrates everything that little bit better and I can get in with some chopsticks to open her out a touch as well.

Cheers for popping in - stay safe and happy growing
Z

4 Likes