First OG grow log... The H.O.G. by TH Seeds

How was it? Was it the one for om ThSeeds?

1 Like

Well any food for them is better than nothing. . .if you can pick up this at your local area id definitely feed it that instead
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Kellogg-Garden-Organics-32-oz-Fish-and-Kelp-Liquid-Fertilizer-3007/204701383

2 Likes

Yup, mine was super-short flowering, like 7 weeks fully mature and very little stretching. flavor was like hashy bazooka joe bubblegum for me. Swelled-up nicely with lots of glands too.

2 Likes

This is today at 18 days old. They’re about 3”-4” tall. Temporarily under a 300w blurple mars LED 24 hours a day. All they’ve been fed thus far is some compost teas and plain water. Recently started to ph the water and im notice more vigorous growth. They’ve also been foliar fed with super-thrive.

1 Like

Thats awesome. Not exactly the flavor profile I was hoping for but im sure it will be some dank if I can give it what it wants. Im kinda nervous about this super soil. Whats gonna feed it during its vegative growth? I feel like most of the ingredients in the supersoil are for the flowering stage? I have some nitrogen bat guano should I mix that in the top layer of the soil thats going to cradle the root ball?

2 Likes

Never know what terp’s yours will have until you flower it :wink:
Sorry man, I don’t feel qualified to offer advice on organic feeding. I’m in hydroponics.

3 Likes

Thanks anyways brohan!

1 Like

What was the stone like @Scissor-Hanz ?

1 Like

To the best of my recollection, mine was sedative like a hashplant.

1 Like

!
Get those ladies off the floor please :wink:

(unless you need to “cool” the roots for some reason)

anything to space them off that cold slab will help.

if you can get some white plastic film or paint to get about 50% more light to them ?? maybe??

:evergreen_tree: <-- totally sympathizes with improvizes

2 Likes

Thats slabs too cold in this kind of heat? Im hoping that I cant get them in the tent in the bext couple of weeks. I have a whole other 4x4 tent but I dont have a light or fans to go in it. I really need to get it up and running now that I plan on working with mostly photoperiods. Im really excited about this lil skunk project (ive got some of dukes dominion skunk and his master kush x afghani) im gonna dive into in the coming months!!

1 Like

what’s the air temp? if the slabs are cooler than 65F they be limitin’ yo 'chit, IMO. dunno. :wink:

:evergreen_tree:

Thanks for the numbers brother. Ill get them up on a piece of wood. :sunglasses:

1 Like

7-17-18

Gave them a 50% strength feeding of the Cutting Edge line I have. Just wanted to try and log everything I do so I’m sorry if I start getting on y’alls nerves. :v::heart::evergreen_tree:

@cannabissequoia just checked the slab and the pots temp with my IR gun and the pots are 71.2 degrees Fahrenheit and the slab is 70.4F.

1 Like

for what it’s worth you should hit up the Indoor thread for “Ideal soil temps” or something. and of course, opinions are like assholes, right :wink:

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

To me that seems pretty ideal. Those are the sort of temps you normally need to be running hydro to attain.

1 Like

I cut into the a/c duct to supply cool air to my tent and my basement. Before then it stayed purty toasty down yonder.

4 Likes

7-21-18

I gave them some 5-1-1 Fish Emulsion and they seem to be loving it! Ive also started them on a 18/6 light schedule now. The supersoil I have cooking should be done now so I plan on putting them in their final pots in the next week or two.

4 Likes

7-22-18

They seem to be very happy since I gave them the fish emulsion. I just wanted to get a pic in the log of them in normal lighting. Thanks guys :pray:

4 Likes

7-22-18
My new light and fan finally came in so I got my veg tent up and running. Good thing I did because the roots were definitely running out of room. At 24 days old today, they were transplanted into 10 gallon smart pots with around 3-4 gallons of super-soil. The rest was a combination of roots original and fox farms ocean forrest with perilite and grow stones. Just to note I also added grow stones to the super-soil in the bottom half of the pots. Then I gave it a good soaking with fish emulsion and a few drops of superthrive.
So they’re now in a 4x4 tent under a 600w metal halide light for 18 hours a day. Thanks and blessings :pray: :v::heart::evergreen_tree:

6 Likes