First OG grow log... The H.O.G. by TH Seeds

Hey brother looking good. Just stumbled on this thread and figured I’d pull up a chair and see the show. I was gifted a pack of HOG seeds a couple weeks ago, will sprout them soon. The same old story, no room!!

4 Likes

Has any of yall that grew this strain out come across the “Hogsbreath” pheno?

1 Like

I know bro! I have so many different strains that I cant wait to get into!

7-29-18

Am I seeing a pistillate calyx right here? I consulted my marijuana botany book and it looks like one to me or am I wrong?

4 Likes

Congrats it’s a girl. . .Looks female to me too bro!🖒

3 Likes

The weird thing to me is that they’re still in veg and only a month old. Isn’t too early?

Are they outside? that is really early, auto maybe?

No these are the HOG by Th Seeds. Regular photo periods.

1 Like

They look indica heavy, one month old as in four to five weeks?
Plenty of time to show sex I’d think.
They are beautiful though, your doing a bang up job!

Good hunting!

2 Likes

Thank you :pray: I believe they are mostly indica.

1 Like

7-30-18

Just wanted to do a lil pic update. They’re about a month old right now and chugging right along. The one in the middle(#3) is my first female out of these. #2 (front left) and #3 are both going to be hogsbreath phenos I believe. Stem rub is definitely a funky onion earthy garlic smell.

4 Likes

8-2-18

Plants are doing great as you can see. Very healthy and loving this super soil!
My only female (middle) is the tallest of the bunch at 1ft tall. Two days ago I gave them some Xtreme Compost Tea along with a foliage spray of compost tea at a 1:1 ratio. Blessings everyone!

5 Likes

@Scissor-Hanz @Hoodini @cannabissequoia

Quick question guys. How long do you let your plants veg for and how tall do you let them get? Blessings :v::heart::evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

My plants veg all season until this time of year. . .they are just starting to flower now. . .so about 3 months of veg and another 2+ months of flower

1 Like

If i have the time, as long as possible, i.e. december to july, starting out with supplemental lighting to prevent flowering. you can build a monstrous amount of roots with that veg time, and it allows clones to become trees.

if i’m rushing things, 2 months or 2’ plant height whichever comes first.

i want to experiment sometime soon with a 1 month veg or sprout into 12/12 for pheno-hunting. hearing about a bath-tub full of 100’s of micro plants sounds fun.
:seedling: :seedling::seedling::seedling::seedling::seedling::seedling::seedling::seedling::seedling::seedling::seedling::seedling::seedling::seedling::seedling::seedling::seedling::seedling::seedling::seedling:

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

Well I use the opposite philosophy of most others. I like as short of a veg period as possible. I veg cuttings for 2-10 days (1000W), depends on strain. I aim for 24" plants.

The HOG is a really short stretcher, if half of those are males I’d veg them up quite a bit more.

1 Like

@Hoodini @cannabissequoia

Sorry I thought you guys were indoor growers

3 Likes

That’s ok :grin: if I grew indoors I would probably veg for 6-8 weeks depending on height

2 Likes

7-8-18

Found another female out of the bunch. Back left corner, hard to see in this picture but I never move them around so you can see #1 better in the other pics. They’re all doing great. Best thing for them I’ve figured out so far has been some good ole LIFTA. Hahaha. For real though, this super soil is pretty much on autopilot. I love it! Blessings guys!

7 Likes

Woo they look amazing bro! Great job man

1 Like