First OG grow log... The H.O.G. by TH Seeds

Looking good! :evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

Thanks guys. Iā€™m quite proud of them.

4 Likes

You should be my manā€‹:+1::+1::+1::+1:

2 Likes

7-12-18

Had to throw up a picture when I seen how good they looked after their watering this morning.
Ive been going the LIFTA route and watering them on Weds. and Sun. And thatā€™s it. Compost tea every Weds. and Aloe water every other Sun.
Blessings

5 Likes

7-14-18

Just wanted to throw this up after I did a lil defoliation of some of the bigger fan leaves that were blocking the light from getting to the lower branches. :v::heart::evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

Hey guys its getting about time for me to take some cuttingsā€¦ this is my first time and I donā€™t really know what Iā€™m doing. Ive heard that I should take clones higher up on the plant but I donā€™t want to lose upper budsites. I need to clean out the bottom of the plant anyway. Can I not just use these lowest branches?

1 Like

I think you would have no problemšŸ‘

1 Like

take a little from both, favoring your budā€¦ :thumbsup:
:evergreen_tree:

1 Like

7-17-18

These are some before and afters of my cloning/defoliation attempt. I think theyā€™ll get better light to them now that I thinned up the middle. Ill get a pic of my cloning tray next time. Thanks guys and blessings!

3 Likes

ALWAYS make sure to use a level when cloning! :wink: :laughing:

looks good man dont be afraid to roll your sleeves up and rip some inner leaf and nodes out. i usually like to take the first sometimes 2nd node on all the branches from the main stem. plants love it

2 Likes

Iā€™ve always been hesitant to do a heavy preflower defoliation but saw a clip of JungleBoyz in socalā€¦said they remove everything but the last/upper 3 nodes. :astonished:

I understand larf & microbud prevention of course, but that seems like too much to me. As an operation though, reducing labor & volume of trim to yield it might make sense.

'Curious what you & your Sensei think about that. :thinking:

2 Likes

Hahahha. It took me a minute to figure out what you were talking about. Lmfao. I adjusted the height of the lights before I put em back in the tent.

for us it depends on the strain but indoors around week 6 we will strip the plant and only leave the top 3 fan leafs. however we leave flower sites. around week 2 we come through and pull down all the bottoms and do some what of a lollipop.

1 Like

When you say pull down all the bottoms are you referring to stripping off all the lowers that will end up being larf?

2 Likes

yah anything thats too shaded and not gonna make it up into the canopy

1 Like

Your making the main stalk bare like a tree up 6inches or so

1 Like

just depends on what your going for and how big your plants are. we actually go about. a foot and a half almost 2 sometimes

2 Likes

I feel like my plants are kinda small for their age. My tallest fem is only 23ā€ tall. I think they are around 50 days old rn. So when I cut off the first three nodes for cuttings its only like 2ā€-3ā€ from the soil to the new bottom nodes. Idk if its the indica genes or if I need to crank my light up from 750w to 1kw.

1 Like

Ya Iā€™ve done that before, I bunched my plants together to closely one season lol and had to shave all of there legs like that so I could crawl around underthem to inspect all the plants. . . Itā€™s was a pain but it was like a really bad ass ā€œgarden of weed-enā€ in the middle

1 Like