First Post; My Panama Red is hanging

Greetings Growers, a friend asked me to post some images from this Summers grow. Seed trading last year led to me Finally being Gifted some true Panama Red seeds. This past weekend we completed the 11th week of Flower and Harvested the 7’ wide and 7’ tall plant.

I’ll post a few images to start the thread. Open to any/all questions. Seeds were brought back from Panama 2 years ago. A Leamington, Ontario grower sympathized with my ongoing Search and provided me with some of these Beans.

Not only was the grow a success, but the Donor now has a few Panama Red
growing himself, now that he sees they are Legit

72 Likes

No trouble getting them to finish in southern Ontario?

Looks good

8 Likes

We had just an amzing Fall and there has been ample opportunity to Finish the grows. Even a Honduras x Panama is still standing… 1 week to go if we’re lucky. The Corn was the perfect Companion-grow… lol
Definitely running out of time, 1 plant left in the ground, 37 others are not so lucky. This was the year of all years, I opened my Collection to Friends and we grew the Doozies and strains friends had dreamed-of. Been an amazing season

61 Likes

This plant (panama red) was FIMmed once at an early age ~ 4 weeks. When taken outside we protected that Top Node by wrapping duct tape beneath the FIM. With the beating that plant took from the winds, early in the Summer, I’m sure those tape wraps saved the plant from being split down the middle.

10 Likes

That thing looks like a monster spread out every which way. Looks beautiful!

5 Likes

:fireworks: :fireworks:CONGRATS!!! :fireworks: :fireworks: You crossed the Ole Finish Line, took the :checkered_flag:!!! If you look next to the Corn Stalk in the next to last row on the left, you’ll find your hidden :trophy:. Take care, stay safe, and be well…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: NOTE: Again, CONGRATS!!

11 Likes

Nice work up there

4 Likes

Excellent Harvest!!
Well done. :clap: :sunglasses:

Perhaps I should be looking at rural real estate in the Leamington area… :thinking:

Cheers
G

9 Likes

Nice grow @MissinBissin…well done!

5 Likes

Hey we just got super lucky this summer. We also built an internal structure with Bamboo and trellis mesh.
It worked on the 3 biggest plants, incredibly well. Carried a big amount of weight. You can see a Horizontal piece around the 5’.

34 Likes

Beautiful bush!!:green_heart:

3 Likes

Here are the other two plants we built Bamboo structures inside. Trellis Mesh was then wrapped around the structure and the plants grew through. ROOF95 and CloudWalker each topped 11’. (ROOF95 is the spikey plant lol )

52 Likes

Wowza! Thanks Bisson

2 Likes

DB you da man! Incredible grow you pulled off this Canadian Summer. Amazing Journal. I know you and the details you handle to pull that off. And amazingly you recorded it in great detail. Multiple amazingly interesting genetics. Next year the Red is going to steal the show, she loves the cold. I found out in a test that just ended. Above ground, unprotected and she didn’t even get fazed.

5 Likes

Just amazing in our windswept world of Southern Ontario. Those stems must be invincible.

3 Likes

I’m leaving some branches intact for you!

2 Likes

This is ONTARIO? Amazing. :clap::clap::clap::clap:

3 Likes

Yes this Southern Ontarian is jonesing for a taste.

Specifically the Panama/Honduras. Countries dear to my heart

8 Likes

I’ll have to head your way soon.

3 Likes

better call a tree service to cut it down – looks like you have enough panama to last at least 2 weeks !!!

4 Likes