First time doing mating dance with plants

How long on 12/12 to get it to show sex? If you don’t mind me asking?

2 Likes

How long on 12/12 to get it to show sex? If you don’t mind me asking?

Some of them did already shows the sex… the first one was the clone because its from a older plant… the 2 autos already shows the sex too… the both is female… (±10 days after fliping)

the others still need some days to give me certain about the gender, but we can see some pistils signals and others some balls… I will take some pictures later to we start our gender gambling :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Our 2 seebrings revenge x lavander frosting is looking like a dude…

I will take some clones of them and kill the males… I will let only the colombia gold male ( mostly sativa ) to create some hybrid stuff this time, and on the next cycle I will use this clones to make more elaborated crosses.

The bog mix still harder to say the gender, but I guess we have at least 2 males between them… Later I will take each one to make some prunning and will take the fckng pictures what I owing.

2 weeks to my travel… extremaly busy days, but I will have some big news to our community soon <3

One question:
Do you guys make prunning on AUTOS ?

see you guys soon!! Wonderfull week to everyone!

3 Likes

The garden is looking stellar @LionsNaughtyBeans. Show de bola

This sounds about right. I would also recommend trying to incorporate something like @Pigeonman’s FYPM recipe in your IPM regimen as well. It should be pretty helpful with Botrytis and other fungal pathogens. I personally inoculate my plants using different Trichoderma, Bacillus and other beneficial organisms from germination; but these tools are accessible & readily available here in the U.S. I imagine the same is true in Brazil and Canada; but haven’t looked into it.

I never prune/ top autos. I’ve recently learned that up potting (transplanting) has it’s applications but other than that or LST (coaxing /tucking leaves under each other or using ties/ wire) to allow for maximum light penetration to the different nodes at most, autoflowers should pretty much be allowed to “auto-flower”.

2 Likes

Hey @ciganomarola , Its great see you here!! Thanks for the words !

I put the autos on flowering room just because the space on the veg room ( what isnt a room, its more like a clonning/seedling area) its have 120X100X55 and already have some plants seedling there.

Yesterday i’ve killed the males: 1 BOG FIRE MIX and 1 Seebrings Revenge x Lavander frosting.

For while I will just create an hybrid with my colombia gold male and the indica females ( if we have one between our plants… everyone is looking like a dude, unless the auto ones)

2 Likes

Salve @LionsNaughtyBeans, OG.

Great to be seen here and thanks for the warm welcome.

True. Looking forward to seeing what they do in the boom boom room/box.

That sounds like a worthwhile effort. I’ve always assumed it was best to use the broadleaf as the donor… never really thought it through, just decided one day it was the way to go and never really looked into what science has to say on the matter.

1 Like

I’ve always assumed it was best to use the broadleaf as the donor…

I really newbie in this, so here dont have much of science… just a guy and yours empiric learnship :stuck_out_tongue: Lets see how it will flow… I reserved at least a half of all of my seeds.

So this cycle i’m still facing more like a learnship than looking for yield or high quality… I’m open to mistakes… all learnship is valious to me this moment… the main goal is make some healthy seeds and learn about the proccess. :slight_smile:

I’m working on a automation project with an AI for growers and breeders and want to talk with you about it if you’re open…

1 Like

“Eterno aprendiz” is the best we can aspire to. Like I said, I didn’t take it upon myself to research or even validate that.

1 Like

good job brother! keep going with the fire

1 Like

Be welcome to OG @ciclocannabico!

Feel free to introduce yourself here to our fellows!

1 Like

Thank you for inviting me for the forum @LionsNaughtyBeans .
I’m from Brazil, used to be a small grower there but decided to explore the cannabis world. Living in Barcelona and will be starting a cultivation soon as possible.
Let’s grow

5 Likes

Welcome to OG. I was in Barcelona mid-May. Great city for tourists, and we’d definetly go back.
I had read that all cannabis was illegal there, but there was a cannabis shop in La Ramblas…so not sure. I bought some “pollen” from there, which was really hash.

It’s on our list of places to go back to.

Lob

4 Likes