First Time Indoor Grow w/ Soil.... running into a few issues

Hello OG!

Im looking for help with one of my plants. Coming up on day 69 from seed, im growing in 10 gallon fabric pots, with COM Soil, under LEDs from SF and MH.

On day 52 I noticed I had overwatered, and began the slow process of recovering to near dry back, and slowly watering in small amounts.

These are a couple of photos that show some of the deficiencies, will upload a few more visuals and photos.

lots of lightening up, and the bottom leaves going yellow, that from what i guessed was a Nitrogen deficiency, so I added a helping of worm castings to them, as well as some lobster and shellfish meal to promote Calcium and Phosphorous uptake. in order to get them back healthy and green and praying.

your guess is as good as mine,

6 Likes

I have seen lower leaves die out due to a basic lack of light and I think the plant is also concentrating on the upper growth where the buds will come from. They look healthy to me.

2 Likes

Mind if I ask you’re ph for water? I’m not sure if you are able to send a leaf tissue sample in to see what it may be missing but could be an option.

I see curled leaf tips which is why I ask what you’re phing at. :green_heart::pray:

7 Likes

My opinion is that it may likely just be from inconsistencies post over watering. Swinging from super wet to super dry can definitely cause stuff that looks like this. What made you feel like you overwatered initially?

2 Likes

Tacoing a bit also? I can’t really tell from the angle…

1 Like

over the course of its germination, i have slowly increased amount of watering

I started my project with Spring water i would PH up to 6.3,
and now i have an air pump that i use to oxidize the tap water from 8.6 to PH down to 6.3,

and when i caught the overwateing, went from 1/2 gallon to 1 gallon and they showed it just around 72 hours after that this happened around the time of overwatering.

and i let it get to dryback more than once thinking i could avoid the earliest chance of root rot(?)

the photos are right around 2 weeks since,

just getting an idea of what the plant wants by more monitoring, so i noticed these deficiencies

my first reasoning was thinking ozmotic pressure is coming from the leaves when this happened, and it pulled the nutrients from their changing its color, and so it stunted till the roots could get more oxygen. then the soil was more clumpy than loose ,or drying back, the roots trying to reach but drying back instead it probably gave soil contents more anaerobic fats, fats from plants roots maybe coating minerals and making it seem like it roots were not reaching out into the pot. and as it recovered with new growth it the entire color shifted.

wondering should i search for a way to help it with sulfur, or micro nutrients like boron

the same plant, im concerned with, before the overwatering…and a healthy pruning

1 Like

Are you able to turn down your exhaust fan a bit? That should help you stabilize your watering periods.

Make sure you take your time watering after a full dry in fabric pots as the soil becomes hydrophobic.

You never really want the soil fully dry. It should still have some moisture when you water (dry on the first 1-3 inches of soil is okay.)

It should perk up within a few days if watering is the only issue.

4 Likes

though this is an indoor grow, my temps in the tent reached to 81F in the morning from about 10:00AM-11:00 AM, the last 2 days now, the changing of seasons has gotten us to near 70 as well just generally warming the place up, thermostat has a set schedule for most days that is varies only by 3 degrees when the Fan and Cool A/C kick on, i started the growing needing heat back in January, so dialing this into consistency was my biggest challenge

all was monitored, weeks 1-8 getting it all dialed in was rocking! for cooler nights and warmer days.

1 Like

Is there some kind of reference of this happening because I have never heard of it.