First timer! Which carbon filter/exhaust fan should I pick?

AC infinity. They are just quieter.

As for the actual carbon filter, I don’t think it matters much.

2 Likes

Fantastic feedback from a fantastic community.

I love all of the DIY stories.

What size? 6”? 8”?

1 Like

How big is your space again?

1 Like

4’x4’ - and I think 6’7”

If you get the bigger one you can run it at a lower speed and it will be quieter

I run a 4” in my 2x4

You’ve got ~100 cubic feet so see what they are rated for.

1 Like

If money isnt an issue, AC infinity all the way.
I have vivosun for my HVAC.
My buddy has AC infinity and I’m jealous of it every time I go over to his place.

For fans you are going to hook exhaust up to, bigger is better.

A T8 AC infinity is rated at 807cfm open area.
Restricted id guesstimate 600 to 700 in a straight tube. Say 500 or so with a carbon filter and a few 90 degree bends.

That’s 5x exchange per minute, maybe overkill. But you can always run it at a lower %.

Better to have and not need the extra cfms.

1 Like

Aaaand AC Infinity T6 + AC Infinity carbon filter and their ducting.

Got a bit of a deal on the bundle.

Thank you so much folks!

8 Likes

I’m late to the party but you made a good choice. I have 2 of their t6 fans and I love them. their carbon filters are up their in quality as well. Will be buying another fan soon…

2 Likes

++++
I have AC infinity also. T8"cloudline with the controller 69. Had an issue with fan not coming on with cycle limits. CAlled cust svc… had a new fan in 4 days! Coast to coast. Have their tent x2, 1 light, 2 heat mats.

I agree the bluetooth is kinda silly. Yes it works but cmon, go wifi right! Which should be avail in april but I cant just keep upgrading shit everytime they realize they went down the wrong path. The outlet controller76? Well both outlets are tied together. No seperate control. I think once they get their controls figured out, wifi, etc and the user has ultimate control over each component they will be at the top of the game. They are close but IMO just short of the finish line. I do highly recommend them for a quality product. They need to kick research, development and production into high gear.

1 Like

Im not one to be a fan boy, Ac infinity has been solid quite when running low and their controllers are worth the extra $, suggestion is just go bigger than you figure as then the fan can run at a lower and in turn quieter speed.

…and just read that T6 will work nicely for you :wink:

2 Likes

:laughing:

2 Likes

It’s only thiol compounds that stink up the place. I heard everyone grows limonene pinene Linalool terpinolene weed these days so you should be good without a filter. The type of shit seedbank sell today doesn’t stink, going by what my neighbors grow.

I have a newer vortex variable speed and hear AC are good. Had a S&P but needed a bigger one and it seems AC and vortex simply copied the S&P design and since they are both Chinese it’s no wonder. Phresh filter is the clear best choice but do your due diligence. I threw away a one month old vivosun filter as it was worthless from the get go. If smelling can get you busted chose carefully. I would not buy anything from vivosun.

3 Likes

@101 glad you got some and good ones at that my friend. @Jasper good advice. I’ve seen many a grow with either overdue filter swaps or just useless filters both have the same end result. Some of the stuff I’ve grown I was surprised the can filter held up on and now the vortex’s are fine as well, zero complaints. But if you live in an illegal state/place I’d definitely go for the best filters money can buy becuz “better safe than sorry” as the old man ALWAYS says.

3 Likes

Active air makes a decent filter.

2 Likes

Someone should put a filter on your mouth

3 Likes

Not sure where you live but if you can get your hands on a “Kootenay filter” I highly recommend them,as well as an ac infinity fan. I have both and have been running them almost continuously for about 1 and a half years and both of them are still going strong.

2 Likes