FirstCavApache64 ongoing grow journal and pollen chucks

Exactly what I do, I’ve used everything, even had them crash and burn a few times trying to balance them :laughing:

2 Likes

Thank man! I’m making a new really strong batch of Green Dragon tonight to help get me moving better. Couple of zips of Northern Lights will be getting soaked in Everclear for a week and then strained and concentrated into potent meds.

4 Likes

I’ve always wanted to try that, very cool! I hope it helps a lot

2 Likes

Blasphemy! Bro when I don’t have 5ft+ plants I get sad lol

space issue?

5 Likes

What about the trays they carry drinks in at events? They’re made for cups not to fall over. I bet they come in whatever cup amount you need. 12, 18, 24. Maybe? Who’s good with a 3D printer?
One a plant establishes, I pick the bags out of the cups to evaluate roots every few days. In those bags, falling over isn’t as big a deal.

3 Likes

Yeah a 5 foot Motorbreath 15 ends up at 8-10 feet after stretch and I’m in a tent that’s in a room with 8’ ceilings. I wish outdoor season had been closer as I would have kept them as houseplants in the living room and put em outside at 6 or 7 feet to turn into trees lol.

5 Likes

My first ever grow was a 315w cmh in a 5x5 and i got 11 oz out of 6 plants (roots organic soil and roots organic bottles). I got 4 oz off 5 plants under the 450w led (royal gold kings mix soil, biobizz bottles)

I know im the issue but i just dont get how my first time out the gate i hit 11 oz with a 315w. I think it was a big bud cross that also could play a huge part

1 Like

I understand that completely. I’m glad I moved flower to outside of tents but I am still stuck to 8ft ceilings. :expressionless:

I am pretty jealous of anyone that gets to grow outdoors. I unfortunately live on a golf course with 4ft fences in my backyard. Somehow I feel those plants would disappear pretty fast or I’d have Johnny law knocking on the door. haha

5 Likes

I did the same on my last run and am getting ready to throw some 2x6’s down under the squat ones

2 Likes

Yezzir , genetics and proper from start to finish can do a whole lot! That’s definitely discouraging on the LED’s though I definitely hear that, damn :man_facepalming:t2:

2 Likes

Yea im not knocking the LED but my grandpop will LOL!
I got a 800w for my 5x5 so lets see how that goes in the next two months

4 Likes

ooof I tried this with my mammoth 8 bar… TOO much horsepower lol got way to hot had to dial it back to around the 600w mark.

3 Likes

I got a 8in inline fan hooked up to that bitch she better not get hot lol!

Struggling to keep temps at 75f with the light just past 50%.

I got a box fan mounted on the ceiling blowing at the center of the canopy and two tower fan on full blast in 2 opposite corners of the tent. Airflow is pretty great i would think. Still constantly worried about wpm for some reason, never had it… i just like to worry lol

3 Likes

My buddy lived next to the county coroner. Pre prop 215. He bonsai’ed the shit out of it. Almost 10’ across. 18" tall. Had it right along a short juniper hedge.
Guys were pretty creative in the 80s.

4 Likes

These lights running as much wattage as they do just make it hard to control Temps in such a small space. Which is why I decided to flower in the open environment in my grow space and put veg/open pollination projects in my 5x5s. Then again I do live in hell compared to most summer Temps here in AZ are between 115-120*F so it’s always a mission for me keeping this space cool.

Oh I’ve definitely seen some crafty/stealth outdoor setups. Will definitely be something I attempt if I ever decide to get at least a 6ft solid fence. until then though my 7 year old could go right over my fence without effort. haaa

3 Likes

same in TX. my garage space gets disgustingly hot. but surprisingly, some of these plants do quite well in the heat and summer sun. i have not lost a single plant out in the garage… yet… (knocks on wood) despite the heat (115F +). conditions are FAR from ideal, but the plants find a way to survive. they’re pretty tough.

4 Likes

A fellow Texan? Yeah last summer was just disgusting with how hot it got. My yard turned into crispy dust.

4 Likes

yessir. DFW AO.

it was hot. and dry. we didn’t have rain for well over 3 months. i thought for sure some of the outdoor plants were going to fry (especially when i left for 2 weeks). i think i found the good soil mix for this climate (i do all organic/soil). water retention is paramount.

2 Likes

Perfect Bend lol
She looks bloody amazing @imstinky

1 Like

The fabric bags are WOW when you see the root ball just a mass of super small roots just as thick as could be. Also found these weird poolside drink holders work great for solos and they have holes in the bottom.

6 Likes