Fisher price my first grow ⛺ tent

Hello :wave: :grinning: to all my new growmies!
I know I started this growing log on another thread. I read joelemonades messages so here I am. My name is Steve I’ve from Baltimore Maryland and I love cannabis! It is my world :earth_americas:! I hope to literally grow and learn from you guys that are nice enough to help us noobs out! Looking forward to doing alot of good work this winter! I wish everyone the same luck!

10 Likes

Hi @Cannacrabber,

Looking good. :+1: :sunglasses:
So what is in your lineup?

Cheers
G

2 Likes

6 Likes

I have a 6 pack of gmo x Topanga canyon og I’m interested to see how they do. I also have that one small black bag from kaitzu ogkb 2.0 x pre 98 Bubba
I’m really looking to find some Tropicana cookies or forbidden fruit crosses from tiki looked real nice. Definitely wanna try to keep it simple :thinking: Its gonna be hard I’m so excited!!!

2 Likes

Still haven’t decided 100 on a soil and nutrient lime yet. I started in some soil i made up with basic starter soil , red lava rock , black sand, perlite, some fresh dried bay grass that reminds me of Peet moss . I also threw a few bags of earthworm castings. But I’m no expert i just love weed. I also like to read! I have been looking into alot of different mediums. What do alot of you guys use? Should 3 gallon fabric pots be ok? I have to order asap

2 Likes

Is that a Pepsi bottle tray I see? Lol

4 Likes

Yes first day putting seedlings in there . Was scared all that hps heat would kill them like my clone. But I got t 6 inch inline fans pulling in air n blowing it out

2 Likes

this puppy arrived today!!! I. Gonna need a bigger tent!

4 Likes

Questions for the Growmies ! Now that I have a hps 400 watt ballast with 6 inch inline fan drawing air from outside cooling down light. All my stuff is in veg obviously. Now that the Big Dawgs HLG 600rs has arrived whats next? I definitely wanna get a bigger tent as soon as possible. I wanted to ask opinions on brand and size with my current and planned spectrum of light/ air systems!

Option one leave hps hooked up till flower and start in new tent. I don’t think I’ll be able to hold out and my humidity issues and temp are not dailed in all the way . Its a doomed plan

Option two: swap out the lights ! Take down my hps and store away till I make a whole room.

Option three: start in a new area of basement and hang up the hps 400 and the hlg 600rs! Basically use a tarp and some critical thinking to do a makeshift super tarp tent. Idk . I would immediately buy another hlg or ROI but I’m thinking ill stick with the goal of having side by side hlg600rs in a big space.

Option Four : keep current set up till a 10 x10 or whatever my footprint tent would be arrives. Take my hps and 600rs hlg and set up a bigger super tent that is more idk professional? I’m gonna start looking at tents this morning.

Option five: get a 10x10 tent and just spend the money and put 2 hlg600rs next to each other and put the hps up at another spot that could use more light . I would also be helping out another growmie with this option 5! Let’s overgrow the word !!!

3 Likes

Hey cannacrabber, you got the grow bug for sure!!
Since I do not know your growing back ground, outdoor veggie garden, indoor plants, but IMHO, one of the biggest mistakes I’ve seen new growers of cannabis make is to jump forward with OUT a clear focus on a plan.
I always start when helping local pilgrims get into growing by asking them how much do you partake a day, week, month.
I then map out a system that should double that amount.
I always suggest a cycle or circle of growing.
First what I call early veg, a seedling/clone area big enough to support that end flower number.
Then a tent for hard vegging or where they go to get ready for flower and to help time the system to different strains you will be growing.
Me, I use small LED and or T5’s in my early veg. I made a second floor in a small 3.5 x 3.5 x 7’6" then under that. I veg then after up potting.
Once I up pot to to 3 gallon pots they go into hard veg tent, where I have a HGL smaller veg LED.
Once they spend some time in there they get moved into flower as I need them, I like to put 3-4 into flower, as I remove 3-4 from flower.
I can also aid the time the cycle, by removing a girl from flower to ripen in the dark beside the tent if I make to many veg plants.
I use my light sources to grow but sometimes I use my light to hold growth, why I use single T5 sticks, so I turn one or more, to off, to slow down growth.
Clones really do not need much light, off to the sides they go.
I’m pretty sure I posted pics of all of this in my thread.

Your also going to need storage, for nutes, medium, spare bulbs, extra pots/cloning stuff. Get organized with your plan and execute it. Best to you!!

3 Likes

I went from a 600 watt hps to a HLG550 with my plants. I will also tell you to look on CL for tents and some other supplies. There are great deals in your area. We are less then 2 hours away from each other.

You are well on your way, but as @webeblzr said just have a general plan. Make it flexible, just in the same direction.

Look forward to following your grow. Plan on getting another tent. You have the grow bug bad and it does not go away quickly.

Good luck and if I can help you, let me know

3 Likes

Yes, I eyeballed that Kaitzu pack! AND Tony Green’s - good call. Those Chemdawg CG F2’s might be very interesting as well. Good choices across the board.
:+1: :sunglasses:
That HLG 600 is a beast of a light! Good call.
Tent wise, all I can say is I love my Secret Jardin.

Cheers
G

2 Likes

I would go with option two. Use what you have until you get a cycle under your belt. You don’t want to be swapping spectrums, environments, etc in the middle of a grow. Grow, observe, then make necessary changes.

5 Likes

right! Rustlers are shining so far!!!

1 Like