Fitzera Does things

Nice! I need to revisit zamaldelica…to be honest I didn’t like the smell at the time. It was the fem version though, I made sure to pick up some regs since then. I didn’t get carrots like often mentioned, I do recall citrus and something that just seemed kind of off.

I’ve heard such good things about Laos! I’ve read that alot “Thai” was actually from Laos, so I assume they’re very similar or maybe even interchangeable.

I’ve got some Mango biche, how does that compare to punto Rojo? Got a couple Jamaican skunks as well from White Buffalo that I’ve seen grown out on IG…those will be beasts when they get popped.

3 Likes

I ran Bodhi’s Mangobiche x G13HP - great flavour, big fat colas. Not super strong smoke.

Regarding the Jamaican - straight up or crossed with Puna or haze ? any spare seeds :wink: ?

4 Likes

Lots of tribal trading in the region, I’d focus on highland vs lowland - most that flower 16 weeks+ will be killer good :wink:

3 Likes

this has been fascinating discussion on hazes! Really informative to someone very much unfamiliar with the intricacies of them and the history behind those lines.

As always, amazing plants @Fitzera!

2 Likes

The one is Jamaican Pineapple Skunk x Original Haze and the other is x Puna Haze. I havent opened those packs yet but when I pop them you’re welcome to f2s

3 Likes

Haha we’re barely even scratching the surface! I find it all very interesting, there’s so much to experience! I’m currently read Sasha Shulgins PiHKAL and I feel it’s similarities…tasting the different flowers lol

2 Likes

I sampled some of the smaller CCHxMT this afternoon…opening the jar it wasnt quite as much of a punch in the face boot polish as before, but still strong. A bit more skunky now and there’s some pine underneath it all. Pretty strong smoke initially, I was surprised, but it mellowed out quickly and was not energetic. I stopped getting things done :joy:

2 Likes

thanks bro !!!

I popped some very old thai seeds recently, wanted to try out some different germination techniques and light schedules.

I had received seeds from Dan Chang Thailand years ago and 2 popped - and have no more - so end of the line…

Once I know what they are, clones are a real possibility, if you or anyone else are interested.

8 Likes

it is wild stuff :smiley: so count with it. punto rojo as well as vietnamese phenos, and everything between it. vintage nevilles haze cut used is punto rojo pheno of NH, super rare, most of NHs I tried are colombian gold dom. and green silver vietnamese pheno male makes it more cerebral and clear.

3 Likes

I appreciate the offer but I’ll be shutting down for the duration of my work season. I’ll be away far too long and too often to have any dependents in the tent. Sometime in the fall I’ll pick back up. Figure should only be about one more year that I need to close down shop like this…fingers crossed.

4 Likes

I will be running your grandfunk first out of what you sent. She’s penciled in not for my next run, but the one after that.
I’m excited to bring your descriptions into reality for myself!

4 Likes

I’ve now tried the quick dried sample of the GT/A5. There was no blanket of resin heads on the tray and I cut it up, more of a sticky resin, whereas the UD has very fine dry resin from the BFCs side.
Unfortunately I was chewing my morning nicorette so the aroma and taste were harder to pick out…I was getting mostly citrus, almost floral but not quite. There’s more to it, I’ll try again when the rest is dried. The taste was slightly sour, lemon and lime that I could pick out. The smoke tasted like dirt lol. I say dirt, not soil, as it was clearly different…the gum and my moring coffee did not help the flavour department. There is Haze flavour but it was muddled and hidden.
It burned clean, even with the fan leaves and quick dried. Not harsh at all and mostly white ash.
Reading a few chapters from my book while I explore the effects, I find it felt in my eyes but there’s no head pressure sensed at all. It’s a light pleasurable effect leaning on the edge of euphoria but not quite. I felt the need to open the curtains allowing the bright sunshine flood the room. One of my favorite things about Alberta is the fact we have so much sunshine and blue skies throughout the winter, even if it does get damned cold.
Not racy or unpleasant, it’s relaxing and so far seems balanced between the need to move about and the desire to be lost in this book.

3 Likes

Early samples of the other NH x C5 Mango plant and the Thai leaning GTxA5.

This one smelling like mango, onion body odor and Haze.

And this one is strong pine and menthol :drooling_face:

11 Likes

I should have taken a picture last night before I chopped up the Thai leaner. WOW! It dried quick because it’s not very dense but aside from the fan leaves you pretty much couldn’t see any green through the blanket of resin. Amazing!
Chopping it up smelled very strongly of pine and menthol. Wonderful. I shoved it under my woman’s nose while she was working away on her laptop…kind of took a sniff to appease me but then pulled the plate back for a better smell…“that’s really nice”.
Dry tokes taste of strong citrus and pine, almost has a mandarin touch to it. Orange…reset my pallet…nope, lemony lime pine goodness!
Burning clean and smooth. I sucked back only a 3rd of the joint to start. While reading I found myself wide eyed, like I was on a stimulant. Very strong effect at first and eased off some. I had to go back for another 3rd. Higher yet. My mind is bouncing between different things I want to do lol. Once again it eased itself into a very pleasant relaxation with no rough edges.
EDIT: forgot to add, the pine flavour transfered to the smoke the whole way.

I dont know if this plant is typical for the Golden Tiger line but I sure hope I find a pheno like this again!! Wow

I smoked the last of the joint this morning…flavour still strong and my head is right back into the clouds 🫡

8 Likes

Just a couple pics to post, I’d write more but I’m coming down with something and my energy is completely zapped.

Here’s the drying tent right now and some shots of the 2nd NHxC5Mango at harvest. A couple pics showing the runners vs the normal flowers. The runners seem to be directly around the hps while the others got more of the led. Everything closest to the hps looks to have needed more time while the led side of things looks much more mature. I writing that off as a symptom of the heat as well as the light spectrum from the hps.

12 Likes

looks great !!!

well done

1 Like

More work than I have the energy to deal with. Working on taking down the rest right now. It’s a shame to have to harvest now when the plants could go much longer. Next time!

Here’s the GT/A5 - A5 leaner, waiting to be trimmed

12 Likes

Couple more examples of unfinished flowers under the hps vs more matured under the led. Thai leaner GT/A5

Sorry I was vibrating somewhat taking these pics…someone wanna make me some food? Lol :sneezing_face:

11 Likes

Man, what a great read and you grow some fantastic looking stuff my man. Time to hit the watch tab AND gave you all the likes I had

2 Likes

Thanks man, I appreciate it! Unfortunately there won’t be much to watch soon, a couple more updates as things dry and get trimmed then shutting down for my work season.

But when I’m back up and running I’m tentatively looking at running:
C4DD f2
Wedding Cake x Pac Mac
Northern Ape Cabbage (sister to my Northern Gorilla Zkittlez, different mom)
Deep 6ix ( Deep Chunk line)
Blueberry Punch (Blueberry x Romulan)

It’s so difficult to whittle down my options to only what I can stuff into my 5x5. There are so many strains I have yet to run but I can only pick away at them a bit at a time :grin:

The goal of that run, aside from trying seeds I haven’t run yet, is im looking for good pollen donors for future ideas and to fill my jars with smoke that might be more suitable for munchies and sleep.

As much as I’d like to run everything all the time, I’ve decided to alternate between full blown sativas and indicas/hybrids.

If I get a chance I might throw some autos out back so there might be something to see this summer, maybe :man_shrugging:

4 Likes