Fleur du Mal Seeds

Yesterday, I snipped off all the buds from my ESB’s.
Her scents are amazing!! So freaking delicious!
My wife had been out running errands.
When she came in the back door, she calls out, Honey, I think your fans are not running or something, there is a strong weed smell!
I was in the front room with my trimming tray, piled up with ESB branches, as I cleaned them up.
She came in a and saw the pile, commenting on strong the house smelled, as it should be a room deodorizer, as it so damned delicious!
Off the stalk, the sample we smoked of it, was also very delicious with no cure at all, super tasty on the pallet, and a very solid, deep, stone to her.
Now her buds, takes a glass nap for a month or so.
Awesome strain FDM!!!
I think OT1 (RIP) is beaming with joy man!!

11 Likes

@Baudelaire sorry if this is too far off topic, but, would you be able to share how you handle the drying and winterising of the seed post harvest. Always keen to read what various breeders do here to maximise their germination rates (if it is not a trade secret that is) also; Got some of your seed via pips for later, great service from them :grinning: :+1:

5 Likes

Pips is a cool seed broker. Originally the bubblegum mix packs on there were all Indiana bubble x Serious bubble F1. Doubt that’s still the case now but verry cool thing of @Baudelaire to do.

2 Likes

Yep, now they have a few things but still very interesting for pheno hunting

I love C99 and sweettooth so can’t go far wrong

6 Likes

You’re right, the first Bubblegum Mix lots were straight-up backcrosses of the Serious to the Indiana '91 cut. As we progressed through the preservation project to our current bx3 generation, we added other generations and some “wanderings” into other crosses. This is typically how we build the mix stocks. For instance, the current Ortega Mix is about 50/50 straight Ortega and our Banana Sherbet (African Sherbet x Ortega “Banana cut”). Don’t tell anyone…

15 Likes

Struggling to lock down an order. I want them all but that’s not in the cards. I don’t know if I go bubblegum bx3 or og mix and Cinderella mix. Black Friday sale I’m hoping to have some more freed up money so I can go ahead and grab a bunch of packs.

That what’s I forgot to ask how the mix packs work. Is it multiple crosses or is it a random labeled pack of one cross which is grabbed out of a bin?

I am so looking forward to the Shiskaberry. I will be getting them as soon as I see them go live. Thanks @Baudelaire

3 Likes

Our seed harvest routine starts with seeded buds, always harvested two to four weeks beyond the typical maturation date for the specific strain. The buds are dried as you would smokable product, in a cool and dry location, but to a lower moisture content (~50%). They are then stripped and cleaned from the bud leaf material, by hand, leaving a mix of mostly mature seed with some immature pips and leaf material. That mix is run through an air-blown winnower to separate the lighter immature seeds and chaff from the ripe seeds.

The resulting seed lot is packed in freezer bags and winterized in a freezer for at least five days but often months before being packaged for sale. 80-90% of our seed is frozen until 30 days or less before sale to ensure highest degree of viability upon germination. Using these methods, we have been able to preserve seed for more than 25 years with +80% viability, and 15 years with +90% viability. That said, only our breeding stock library holds seed that old. Most of our for-sale stock is less than two years old - we can’t keep it around any longer than that.

22 Likes

The mixes are mixed parentage (usually). The name of the mix is taken from the common parent, usually the breeder male but not always. What they aren’t is B-grade (old, small, immature, etc.) beans.

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing @Baudelaire that is very close to what I do but I usually winterise in the fridge. I will try this way too appreciate the information.

3 Likes

Many breeders refrigerate to winterize. Rob Clarke was amazed when I told him I kept viable beans frozen for 20 years. But I just take my cues from here:

12 Likes

Mix packs have the numbers, but you 100% know what you’re running with the Indiana bx3. Can’t forget this community loves trading. You could potentially grab a pack of Indiana, keep half for yourself and trade the other half to boost your strain library.

3 Likes

This is true, I also have to think it is my bday coming up so I could justify the bx3 and a mixed pack. This next run is a bean making run so I want a bunch of regs to go through I only have a small collection of reg photo beans. I’m going to the site and making my purchase I’ll be back when I’m done. It could take a while.

1 Like

Order placed one pack of Indian bubblegum bx3 and one Cinderella breeder pack. It was a hard choice between the og mix and the Cinderella mix. Og next time. Looking forward to running them

5 Likes

Ty for sharing

Paps

8 Likes

I was wondering if anyone had done a cross of Indiana bubblegum with Ortega? If so I’d love to get ahold of some of your seeds.

1 Like

Maybe try the Bubblegum and Ortega mixes and see if you get lucky. Or get his Bubblegum and Ortega packs to make the cross yourself. Sounds like a fun one. Best of luck!!

5 Likes

Thanks, I’ve only been growing for just over a year an have had his website bookmarked almost just as long. I’m still in my infancy in regards to growing so breeding them is not something I’m ready to attempt.

5 Likes

I enjoy history.

1 Like