Flushing with Epsom salt[Solved]

Usually soil will buffer the pH etc. Push PhD water through the pots until the run off pH and ppm is where you need it to be.
Thing about soil is you really don’t need to feed that much as the soil has nutrients in it.

2 Likes

pH Is good:6,5-6,7.I see there Is lockout or unbalanced,that should be all

1 Like

@ReikoX is here to the rescue :v:

1 Like

I tagged @ReikoX to help you with advice on your soil bud, not really about flushing. Flushing is for medium and not plants. Coco growers flush the medium when they mess it up to reset it basically. Soil is full of microbes and such which should be tackled in other ways. I know he had his soil tested which helped him out so he likely has some great knowledge of soil and how you might balance it.

3 Likes

I never flush my plants, then again I’ve been feeding water only this whole run. I would suggest a low dose, complete feed to finish. Using just magnesium (epsom) will likely throw off your CEC pushing off calcium, potassium, and sodium.

8 Likes

I probably killed my bacteria with the flushes i did and worsened the problem

I Will keep feeding low,today I gave half of the recommended doses on chart and the result was a 1,5 EC (700-800 ppm Hannah scale)
Thank you all guys
@Esrgood4u @DougDawson @corgitron @vernal @ReikoX
You are very kind to Always answer my questions
Much love to you :heart:

3 Likes

On a positive note you plants don’t look horrible to me. I am sure with a few tweaks and some advice from some soil folks you will get it all sorted out.

3 Likes

That’s why we’re here bud. We were all in a similar situation before so…
Good luck with her :+1:

3 Likes

I say this a lot, but your issue looks more like low pH to me. If you’re in coco that wouldn’t surprise me. I have a hard time with hand-watered coco pH issues.

What was the runoff pH? I believe you mentioned it was 770 ppm which isn’t terribly high.

2 Likes

6,6-6,7
Last week 7,0-1
@vernal
Thank you,pm me if you Need It,I consider the thread closed as I got my answers,gotta Say thank you once more :heart:

1 Like

Well that certainly rules out low pH issues haha.

If you’re having nutrient issues, simply mix a fresh batch and water until runoff. It happens occasionally, if you’re using a complete hydroponic nutrient it should correct the issue.

3 Likes

It might be a good idea to clean and reconfigure your pH meter with buffer solution just to be safe then recheck the pH again

3 Likes

Using biobizz complete products except for Calmag
i Will check pH again in 3 days so I’ll stay tuned here ti be sure.

It was calibrate this month and double checked with GH drop test showing It Is in range

1 Like

Do you let your tap water sit to get rid of chlorine?
Been thinking about switching to tap. My systems hold 80 gallons

2 Likes

Water sits for a day here.

1 Like

I don’t know if it’s bro science or not but I read that if you swirl your arm in the bucket of water it negates the chlorine. That sounds made up but I’m doing it and no tigers have attacked my indoor grow so it must be working.

5 Likes

Let me hit this with some light. Magnesium helps plants photosynthesize to its best of its ability with what it has. Meaning Epsoms may not be necessary if pounding the plants with enough light. Such as HPS. So if there are people that have use low lumen LED lights, Epsom will enhance photosynthesis. In my experience, cal-mag doesn’t have enough magnesium. Ever.

1 Like

Yeah, that would probably do it. I think people over estimate the power of chlorine. The EPA limits chlorine to 4 PPM for drinking water. Any organic matter will neutralize the chlorine, fulvic acid is another good one.

4 Likes