Flying with smoke in your under the plane luggage.?

Was wondering how many people have successfully flown with weed under the plane from a legal state to an illegal state.
Gf and I went to San Diego and brought back our vacation goodies no problem. As long as it’s not on your carry on or not trying to bring back too much I think it’s generally pretty safe.

I’ve read that they don’t have time to call the police or enough there to deal with small amounts. Any one else been there done that?

5 Likes

I’m a Canadian and though it’s legal to fly with here I wouldn’t do it.

What if I get diverted to Buffalo because of bad weather?

Too risky.

6 Likes

Put it in your carry on and walk on. Done it from Cali to illegal states many times. I like to vape in Vegas!

I always take extra and I don’t fly back with it though. For some reason that sketches me.

Think happy thoughts!

6 Likes

I gave a lady friend of mine and a fat ounce of homegrown. We met at a hotel for my bday and she put it in her travel bag and forgot about it. About a month later she is in her other place in FL and says she has a good story for me. Basically she had an oz of smoke in FL. Totally forgot it was in there.

I wouldn’t try flower in carry on. But a vape pen. Yea.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t risk it personally, especially not in the States. I believe you’re getting into federal crime territory there, once you cross state lines laws get alot more strict.

When my brother’s wife was still breastfeeding one of their kids years ago I gave her a nug of something killer I grew to stash away until she was smoking again. She put it in her toiletry bag and forgot about. Flew to Cuba, Vegas, and a bunch of other places before she realized it was in there…I almost had a heart attack when she told me lol

7 Likes

I think we had a SLH cart, 4-5 pens, 3 diff grams of flower, 3-4 bags of smokiez, and 5 pre rolls.

Won’t say we weren’t wondering whether the bag would come rolling out on the baggage claim or have to ask where our bag was.

So we from smoking in the alleys and streets at night to let’s not get pulled over on the way home from the airport.

The hit and miss and rhyme and reason to legalization is ridiculous.

3 Likes

Not sure about the states but in Canada you need it in your carryon and I have done it many times without any problems.

5 Likes

I have flown with pre rolled joints in a cigarette pack in my carryon. No way I would fly with any kind of weight. Interstate transportation if the feds get involved is no joke.

6 Likes

Carry on is what’s up. TSA isn’t looking for it so don’t give them a reason to find it.

4 Likes

Fiberweed, pilot’s license, & Elon Musk. :+1: :flight_departure: :herb:-X :sunglasses:

:evergreen_tree:

5 Likes

Apologies if i’m coming off bossy-- i just get super serious about us all keeping each other safe. I travel alot. Have for several decades. Travel is often where we are most vulnerable. Gotta help each other get it right. :wink:

When flying in the US, always put the substance in your checked luggage (under the plane). Never put the substance in your carry-on.

Anything with a LED battery is not allowed in checked luggage (under the plane). If you’re bringing a pen or any other device with a LED battery, you must put it in your carry-on

Gentle reminder that any and all concentrates/extracts are scheduled higher than weed (they carry a heavier charge).

One love.

7 Likes

Risk/reward ratio is way off. TSA are bottom of the barrel but they do have time. They aren’t checking for weed but never, ever underestimate a stupid do-gooder with a badge.

Get it where you’re going, or go without. You can keister/shelf it, but you’ll probably come off way more suspicious walking all funny and acting nervous. IDK man it’s just weed not really worth smuggling $40 worth.

7 Likes

Not sure how the law still stands as i’m not a cali native, but as of 2018 you can legally fly out of lax with an ounce of bud and a little over a quarter of concentrates. I have flown into socal with some pre rolled js in a little box, but if you wanna move weight i’d just ship it to back to your destination.

4 Likes

Being the creative type, I know it’s not a new idea, but this is just begging for a business to fill the void. MedEx, WPS, DankHL, c’mon people.

Charter flights for more than oz. :joy:

:evergreen_tree: :balloon: :cloud:

6 Likes

This is, was, and always will be, my approach to this question.

8 Likes

Canada to Canada, we all take our ounce, carry-on or packed. Just because we can. Its kinda hazy about finding any specific " discreetness" laws, like smell proof bags etc. I imagine you could roll joints during your flight if no one whined lol. Yee haw, enjoy it while we can …

4 Likes

Personally I’m going to stick with under the plane checked baggage. Can’t smoke on the plane. :crazy_face:

2 Likes

:thinking: seriously…

:evergreen_tree:

1 Like

I had a friend stick 13 gs of “DOGSHIT” hash on the bottom of a new pair of shoes and landed in florida. Got through fine I didn’t even know ha :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Flew out to BC with family, all had an oz. in checked luggage, my med patient took 3+ oz. and taped a copy of her med cert. to the bag. Her luggage was opened, but put everything back in order. We put the stash in a typical dispensary ziploc (the black type) and I believe they stand out on the scanner, I think a regular turkey bag would be better as scanner could see thru it? Anyway, good on my partner for putting the med cert with the ‘over personal rec. allowance’. No hassles whatsoever, we dank when we fly LOL. At 56 it was pretty weird smoking a pre-flight doob in the smoker area in Calgary airport right across from departure doors, but I’m getting used to it LOL. Canada to Canada btw…

5 Likes