Flying with your bud (within Canada) legally

I was wondering if anyone has had any experience flying nationally with your medicine (dried flower and unrooted cuttings) in regard’s to extra searches by the TSA or anything else unexpected/unplanned some of you may have experienced.

Any help would be great!

I put the buds in small glass vial and buried it in large jar of vasoline inside my checked luggage.

Grind the herb and put it in gelatin capsules. Put them in a vitamin jar in your carry on.

1 Like

Sorry I guess I should have mentioned I am a legal grower/ med user but have never flown with my product before. I am just wondering if there are any folks that have experienced legittimatly claiming they’ve got a 1/4lb in their carry on and plants

2 Likes
1 Like

Thanks Mr. Hanz. I had read into this, just looking for some first hand insight if possible. Calling the airport ahead of time might help, or just tell my airline provider as I check in to send out the RCMP to find me as my dog and I wonder before the checkpoint.

1 Like

i thought you just leave it on your carry on and tell the TSA agent as youre crossing - make sure to have your license/medical card and any documentation from LP/health canada - update us with your experiences afterwards if you end up flying though

1 Like

When they asked I told security I had Cannabis in my carry on. They called RCMP looked over my ACMPR didn’t even want to see Cannabis and said have a good flight.

4 Likes

do they have rcmp on site or did they need to call them from elsewhere? how much extra time did it add to your screening?

Maybe took extra five minutes. Cop was there right away after they called. That’s just travel within Canada :canada:

1 Like

Most excellent! RCMP are always at YEG. Thanks Jaybud!

Whoever can do this legally has my respect and admiration. WOW! We all need to live in a world like this.

3 Likes

Yes I flew out of YEG to YYZ return with under 150 gems and ACMPR know problems or real inconvenience. I believe at every airport in Canada :canada: RCMP have presents

So I had a little bit of a headache, the new rules allow you to have all you cannabis in a 1 liter package. Well I had about a liter and a half. So RCMP came and had to verify everything. Funny thing was they weren’t very concerned about the 15 cuttings I had packed in my carry on.

Well off I fly

2 Likes

Kudos on flying with that shit. Crusader.

1 Like

so it’s not by weight or anything it’s just however much you can shove in a 1 litre ?

1 Like

RCMP didn’t care about how it was packaged, it was the airport screeners who were anal. They want it all packaged into a 1 liter bag like your liquids. I had half of my stuff packaged and sealed and the other half was in a jar as I just harvested it a week ago and didn’t want to delay the curing process

3 Likes