Foreigner Goes Legal

Vacuum sealing cured weed works great just don’t over squish it . I find if you ziplock bag it leaving a bit of air for a cushion then into a vacuum bag . Unless you’ve got a fancy machine with separate switch to control how tight it seals .

3 Likes

My machine is that fancy :slight_smile:

I might also have a mammoth butter making session to use up some stock. Mrs Foreigner might kill me if I use all of her baking butter though.

It’s a good problem to have “oh no I have so much I have nowhere to store it!”

Me at 16 would be laughing so hard. He saved roaches.

2 Likes

I mean, it’s still for baking? Just makes things more interesting.

1 Like

I also considered just doing a huge hash run but I don’t think this strain lends itself to good hash making. It’s potent, but not very crystally.

I could get away with a few pounds of butter but if I used it all she would definitely kill me.

1 Like

Thats a good idea… mine is a pos with no stop, I can either do full vac, or no vac

2 Likes

Greetings friends:

The harvest is very near dry. The tiny stems are starting to snap just a little so I’m going to give it one more day or so for the big ones and then just jar them all at once.

I’m doing something a little different today. It’s butter time!

I use a vacuum seal bag and boiling water to decarb. That’s 212F for 45 minutes.

I find this is a good balance between stopping power and deliciousness. When the butter is strained off there’s zero green taste and it makes some really good cookies. I just add a gram more weed than I might otherwise to make up for the low decarb temp.

All the best

3 Likes

And here she is all done:

Nice and golden and ready to hit the fridge to solidify. There’s always a little water that separates from the butter so I like to strain that off too.

All the best

4 Likes

Very cool, boil in the bag weed butter. I would patent that idea lol.

1 Like

No way man, open source method! Free for everyone.

It tastes like weed but doesn’t taste at all green. This method is not perfect but from a quality cookie perspective it’s hard to beat. It’s my go to.

All the best.

5 Likes

Final product. Approx 20mg per cookie and they taste fantastic. Just slightly moist in the middle. Consumed right now.

All the best.

12 Likes

Starting to kick in a little guys…

3 Likes

60mg? Jeebus. Hope it’s a real good night for ya :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

I slept pretty well I’m happy to report. I even ate 2 more after the fact.

All the best.

3 Likes

I had a double dose of shrooms brownie last night, it was a very pleasant evening, I was out doing the grocery shopping today, and as I was driving I thought why are my face muscles aching so much, I looked in the mirror and I still have a big stupid grin on my face. Normally I am a poker faced person, even when I think I am smiling, my face is dead pan :expressionless: it goes with my dry sense of humor, so this stuff must be good if it can still put a physical smile on my gob hole 20 hours later :grin:

9 Likes

So the plants got taken apart this afternoon.

9 Likes

Totals:

Afghani Lights - 63g
Hibernate - 100g
Gelato 1 -75g
Gelato2 - 58g

Total harvest of 296g. Not too bad for 300w of LED in a little 2x4 tent.

All the best

7 Likes

So everything is all squared away. The tent has been cleaned, the pots gave been cleaned and everything is in jars:

I only put bovedas in two of them. They got a little drier (52) than I’d like. The other two hold 60 in the jars on their own.

It was a good run. The gelato threw a few balls mid flower but I managed to deal with them. Moving my tent in front of a big window in the winter time presented challenges too but it all worked out.

Preliminary thoughts:

Hibernate from coop - very odd structure, very difficult to trim, smell like lemon gasoline. Highest yielder.

Afghani lights from Tappy - big solid buds stickiest of them all smells like a sour skunk candy.

Gelato from a buddy. - nice big buds, extra crystally, smells like sugar first and weed second.

I think they will all turn out to be winners.

.985 g per watt. It’s actually quite low because I did very poor canopy management. I could have vegged a lot longer or even fit 2 more plants. But given the circumstances I’ll take the gram per watt result.

I’ll have a smoke report after they’ve been curing for a few weeks.

So that’s it. Seed to harvest.

I’m working on a kush project for the spring and also for my next run. Stay tuned. I may just start a new thread because it’s a new year and this thread is a bit unruly. Or not. We will see.

All the best

10 Likes

So the next run is underway. I decided to test a few things from the seed box and try my luck that way.

-OGer
-BOG sour strawberry
-Blue Tara.

Everything looking good but they need an uppot which will happen in the next few days

As I understand it these are all kush variants so if all goes according to plan I’m going to be making a bunch of kush type seeds but that depends on how many/if males I get.

It begins again

All the best

6 Likes

Things are slow but steady in the Foreigner household.

Here is the nicest OG:

And here is the nicest Blue Tara:

And here is the sour strawberry:

I wait for more exciting things to happen.

All the best

11 Likes

Looks like your having a co op seed run grow, interested to see how all those turn out.

1 Like