Foreigner Goes Legal

You bet if I had to buy from a store I’d be broke by the first week . Lots of people don’t realize in the long run how cheap of hobby is even if your a casual smoker at a min 10 a gram it adds up fast .
Start sampling the hash and edible menu and you’ll be dropping even more coin.

3 Likes

Always great math to read eh? :smiley: I did similar math before jumping on my RDWC set-up and it was a no brainer once I realized I could stagger paying for the build during my summer grow last year.

Only issue now is that the love of growing means spending money on more things as I keep learning and expanding. :laughing:

2 Likes

Actually there’s two things that catches new potential growers off guard. The cost of the equipment and how long it takes to grow to get a 1-2lb dry from say a 5x5 tent with 4 plants.

I show them the tent set up and its aprox $1500 that’s a whole set up minus seeds/clones not including if they have to get a portable AC. Ouch is usually what they say,

Then second reality check is having to water those plants every few days and what are you going to do about long weekends or multi days being away from home vs having to water your plants for 3-4 months per crop.

Personally back in 2008-2010 told 40X more tent set ups than when legal as weed was still $3000-2500 so a $1500 tent cost was nothing and most people grew to earn extra money. Now good luck getting $600/lb lol

4 Likes

Solid point. When I explain to non-growing friends what being in trim jail for 2 days entails they all look at me like i’m nuts for going through it with a smile. This last year there was a surge of items I got for next to NOTHING on Kijiji for my gardening… folks at the start of the pandemic all decided to mail order grow kits and the amount of times I heard: “I love growing, love smoking but I will NEVER GO THROUGH CROPPING AGAIN.” was insane… but I also did not complain as it meant getting things that would be 100$ new for less than 50$ and some used for only a month.

2 Likes

Oh I forgot about the hash I get from trim! It isn’t a huge number but it’s something I enjoy so I should have included it.

It also makes for good birthday/Xmas presents so that’s a savings too.

@AquaTerra yeah I guess you’re right when the market crashes like it has. But growing gives a sense of accomplishment that picking up a bag doesn’t. I also like knowing exactly what is and isn’t in it. But mostly I just do it because it feels good!

5 Likes

I cruise Kijiji once in awhile and you’re right there are some sweet deals to be had. I’m also amazed at how much garbage is being sold for high prices. I saw my blurple veg light for sale at basically high retail. Nuts.

2 Likes

I have usually at least 4-10 searches active at once with daily push notifications. How else am I supposed to get a Canoe for $150 if i’m not on-top of the deals! Pro-Tip: End of month is a great time to look as some folks are selling off things no longer needed during moves! :smiley: (bandsaw = 50$, Table-saw = 100$, etc…)

3 Likes

Oh gardening and experimenting with plants is an awesome hobby for sure but its sucks with the 4 plant count. It was just a token gesture from the gov to us peasants as there’s no reason we can’t have 8 or 16 plant counts.

3 Likes

Update.

Not sure what day it is but getting some nice development. The dark spark is showing some elongation of the lower buds.

GRxCD and Crème de la Chem

GG and DS

I doubt they will get much taller but hopefully they fatten up. I lost a few weeks due to neglect and I’m going away for another week. It is what it is.

Cheers for looking.

10 Likes

My heart to yours bruv with the neglect. I’m sure you had shit going on that distracted you. I’ve only grown auto’s once before and it was DWC so I realized only afterwards how lucky I was to get the nutes into it as it was power growing! Next time I pop and auto it’ll be treated as a hydro schedule regardless of the medium I plant it in. I got the 60day Blueberry autos from Doug’s server auction and I think if I have my 2x2 tent free I’ll run it under 24hours light and see how accurate the “60 days from seed” is!

Play with Buddy, it should help.

2 Likes

Thank man.

It’s not so bad really. I can always just start some more. I’m not hurting for seeds or jars for the extended foreseeable future.

It was just a bonehead move with the fert schedule that’s all.

They are starting to show some frost so all is not lost.

2 Likes

Yeah… I’m just feeling your similar in “beating yourself up” when you know what you you COULD/SHOULD HAVE DONE instead of whatever you did do.

Smoke some of that hash of yours?

1 Like

You’re right of course. But what can I say, I’ve beaten myself up enough that it’s behind me.

The real question I’m asking myself is if i should brave the summer heat and do another indoor. I don’t know if it’s wise but I’ve been successful in some unwise endeavours :joy:

Farming involves risk so it’s all good. I estimate I lost a full pound of WW last year to PM so shit happens.

I can’t even remember the last time I smoked. It’s been months! Put a kid in a candy store and eventually they’ll get bored of eating candy :rofl:

1 Like

Umm… I don’t know if Mrs. Foreigner is gonna enjoy that if you aren’t venting out the window… :laughing:

1 Like

Mrs Foreigner is extremely supportive and understanding of my growing choices. It’s because she is the primary beneficiary.

I can do whatever I like in my 8 square feet :partying_face:

5 Likes

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

2 Likes

Went for a walk today and saw these fuckers trespassing on a construction site:

I think they were trying to steal 2x4s

7 Likes

Or drink your gas outta the generator.

3 Likes

No its bears that steal gas and diesel to huff like glue.

3 Likes

https://www.thefix.com/content/russian-bears-hooked-jet-fuel91494

4 Likes