Foreigner Goes Legal

Man, how do you keep them so short? Maybe I let mine veg too long.

I thought it might be pot size, but even my plants in 1 gallon pots are 2ft tall after topping.

2 Likes

They are autos. They are so small because I stalled them out really bad.

I didnā€™t feed them right for the first two weeks so they lost two weeks.

To my mind they should be twice as big but such is life.

I wouldnā€™t recommend it as a strategy to keep them small :rofl:

3 Likes

That was actually my next strategyā€¦ well not stall them, but run autos and starve them of root space. I donā€™t know, running my first autos now, weā€™ll see how I like the pace.

1 Like

How short do you need them to be?

Some guys run photos 12/12 from seed.

You could always LST too.

You can grow monsters in small pots but you need to feed/water very often. I donā€™t know if deliberately restricting them is a good idea. But there are solo cup challenge threads.

I would consider these plants very very small. Last time I had plants on my balcony they were 4 footers.

3 Likes

Need? Maybe 5-6ft. But they get really hard to work around and move, especially if I LST and they get large in diameter.

I had some reaching 3ft, which on their current shelf had them into the light. So I trained a bit, now theyā€™re only 1.5ft tall but I can barely walk around them, lol. But you seem to have nice tight internodes consistently. Iā€™ve only got one like that, and I canā€™t take credit for it, all pheno.

My 1 gallon through flower should test that soil=size theory I guess. If they donā€™t make it though flower without eating themselves up Iā€™ll know it doesnā€™t work. But 3 weeks into flower itā€™s looking promising.

Less need more desire to learn to control my plants better lol. I had to spend Sunday rearranging everything to squeeze out more floor space.

1 Like

Thanks man. I canā€™t take all the credit either. Of the four I have going outside only 2 have the classic structure we are talking about. So genetics plays a big roll.

And lighting. Not sure what lights youā€™re using but my LEDs pump so much light thatā€™s things stay dense even on the lowers (I do trim off the larf though.)

Some plants want to be tall and some want to be short. My Taraā€™s were twice as big as my OGers and they got same nutes, veg time etc.

You have less flexibility with autos.

1 Like

@ChemicalDependant : Iā€™m working on a micro auto grow where I need em to grow under 18" as Iā€™m using a 2ā€™ tall tent. Check out the strain MI5. Was recommended it and after reading up I totally understand why!

4 Likes

Found this in the freezer today. Totally forgot about it. Still has a good seal. Thereā€™s some really old non-viable pollen in there somewhere too.

Maybe Iā€™ll leave it in there for another 2 years.

4 Likes

Should have a decent cure now . Let us know how she smokes.

2 Likes

(I kind of donā€™t want to open it.)

Itā€™s like a time capsule.

3 Likes

Might just be some kick ass smoke now snag a bud and reseal it . Lol

3 Likes

The GRXCD got pitched pot and all.

Decided to give the gorilla glue a little haircut just to be on the safe side.

Before:

After:

And I found a little seed. Not sure from where but oh well:

Found a little ash in the leaves too :policewoman:

5 Likes

Wait, why? I missed itā€¦ :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

She picked up a bad case of PM. She was very small so I figured better to be safe than sorry and protect the other 3 I have left.

She was neat. A single nerf football sized bud but very leafy which I guess didnā€™t help.

Not happy to do it. But it had to be done.

5 Likes

Okay, I was worried it hermied on you. :grin:

2 Likes

I saw no evidence of a herm but Iā€™ve been keeping my distance :rofl:

Iā€™ll give the line another shot one day :+1:

2 Likes

Iā€™m finding this lack of N to be very interesting.

Iā€™m using a high N fertilizer :rofl:

This is the crĆØme de la chem

6 Likes

most of my defs are a side effect, the real cause for me is usually ph(media), kinda bugs me as some here say they never even worry about ph

4 Likes

Like Who said, probably out of balance with some thing else, not letting it get absorbed properly.

2 Likes

Iā€™m not too worried about it. Itā€™s almost finished.

Itā€™s just interesting because Iā€™ve been using 28-8-16 the whole way through and it looks like it needs MORE nitrogen.

The other two are perfectly fine, just this one is off.

I havenā€™t pHed this grow one time :joy:

4 Likes