Foreigner Goes Legal

ITS FROM LEE VALLEY! OF COURSE IT’S LASTING!

Male jail is a good idea; my RF48 is currently a few inches away from the Unicorn Poop & Cherry Festival making babies together. Now THAT’S gonna need to get to F2 sooner than later!

Was thinking that if I can keep the temps down I may try these seed runs in the summer while the flowering happens outdoors.

Only other thing is needing to MAKE SURE I FILTER THE EXAUST OR THE GREAT SEEDENING MAY OCCUR! :rofl:

4 Likes

The only reason I keep it around is because it has it’s own adjustable stand. The male jail is an awkward bathroom behind a door so I’d really need to get creative with hangers/tents/cardboard box/something for the rf48. More than powerful enough for such an endeavour though.

Yeah, some kind of filter would be essential. I wonder how much it would slow down the exhaust. I really don’t know.

My jail is only 30’ away from my flowering plants but I don’t have an exhaust blowing pollen all over the place.

2 Likes

In my 2x2, I have the filter inside with the fan outside. A 4" canfan inline that can pull 120cf running at the lowest with a controller considering it’s refreshing a 16cf space :rofl:

Nothing has seemingly come out of it even when I poke the male with a stick to make the dust rain down.

Granted, any plants going downstairs from upstairs where the 2x2 is gets hosed down out of paranoia. :+1:

3 Likes

I love the 4k. The 3k does a great job also.

2 Likes

Got it! (the HGL 100 V2 4000K)…

AND WHOLLY SHIT :sun_with_face: :high_brightness: :sun_with_face: :high_brightness: :sun_with_face: :high_brightness: :open_mouth:

3 Likes

Congrats. You won’t be disappointed.

I ordered a visor :joy: I think it’s meant for tennis but should shield the eyes pretty good.

2 Likes

Yea you want be. You’ll love it so much you’ll get two. Works great also as side lights.

2 Likes

We have signs of life from an EDH

And also an MMH

The rest are as yet undetermined but I have a few guesses based on structure.

Do you think they might be rootbound? :joy:

Cheers for looking!

@Calix

12 Likes

Just maybe a little root bound heheh!

They Musnt be too upset though as I am sure you are feeding them just enough to keep them in line! Lol

I have a theory that - i am just conjuring up, excessive defoliation and (medium) stress training will cause unwanted root growth and lead to root bound issues.

In response to this theory, the plant is being kept around longer due to the training being done to achieve the plant structure you would want.

It makes sense to me as during my first three grows, I was defoliating the plants like a mad man and tying all the limbs down LOL. … I think I was 2 weeks into my first grow from clones And my fiancée was like WTD DID YOU DO TO THE PLANTS ??? LOL and same as my Friend who gave me the clones, WTF HAPPENED?? lol

I peaked very quickly with the LST AND Defoliation lol

so perhaps this is when and why I first encountered root bound issues. I also was told my pots we’re 3 gallon pots when I found out 6 months later they we’re only 1.67 gal .

4 Likes

Yeah I hear this sometimes. Very irritating.

On the bright side I got this slick visor to shield my eyes from overhead light while working in the tent.

Works great! But Mrs Foreigner makes fun of me saying I look like one of the Korean lady dog walkers in the neighbourhood.

@Pigeonman

12 Likes

BAHAHAHAHHAA!!!

YOU TOTALLY DO!!! :rofl:

2 Likes

I can’t remember who gave me the idea but it’s a great idea.

And you’re right, I do.

But I’m not going to tell her that :rofl:

It just barely fits my big fat head.

2 Likes

Well, you did say: “shit, I’m gonna order one” when I told you I wear both UV sunglasses and a “CanadaDay” sun visor from Dollarama… :thinking:

:rofl:

3 Likes

It made an immediate and noticeable difference. Much more pleasant than being half blinded all the time. Dig it. Even if I look silly.

4 Likes

I think this has something to do with “trade gallons” being used instead of actual gallons.

Still though, by that math your 3 gallon pot should be at least 2 actual gallons :thinking:

4 Likes

Maybe imperial trade gallons? I dunno, it confuses me too.

2 Likes

Omg .
You should see the baliclavas I ordered one night from amazon.
Our evening winter walks were getting cut short because the misses face was cold from the wind and she wears ear muffs so won’t put her hood up.
Anyway I wear these polyester face shields I got for work on my walks and I’m never bothered by the cold…she won’t wear those either.

Anyway. I kept saying IM gonna order baliclavas from amazon .
Then last night I said I’m gonna order those now and look.

Apparently in recently purchased - I ordered them a week before LOL and they were being delivered the next day. And I recently.ordered a book for my dad and had it set to his delivery address.

Oh man. I didn’t remember ordering these. But the wife WILL NOT WEAR THEM or be seen with me wearing it…lol no one would know who we are !!! I will be wearing mine the next cold night.
My dad wouldnt take one either .ahahha for $15 it’s a great price and they are awesome.
The woman. Said they look mid evil lolol I agree.
Heres a photo of it

Super comfy but large is a bit big on me . I will be getting a more fashionable one

3 Likes

You’ll be the warmest ninja on the block :+1:

Pretty cool

4 Likes

LOL
Suit up woman! We hitting them streets lol ninja style! Man I can’t wait to wear them the next blizzard

Hopefully no crimes occur in my area with people wearing these…lol

2 Likes

Killed the Malana today. Long lanky leggy and male so into the compost bin he goes. It was my wildcard anyway so life goes on.

The plants are 32 days from seed and just starting to show. I’ve been writing “F?” on the labels of plants I suspect are female but won’t be making any more judgement calls until I’m sure. So far I’m sure of 1 EDH.

This is what a rootball looks like after 1 month in a 1L container:

The lighting makes the roots look darker than they are.

Cheers and all the best.

Edit: here’s a better pic -

16 Likes