Foreigner Goes Legal

Hey look guys I do art now:

As I’ve said before these are the most sativa leaning plants I’ve ever grown. They just don’t stop. I’ve already trimmed off all the tops and I might still have to take them down another node or two so the light doesn’t burn them. I’m out of vertical space.

I look at all the potentially giant colas that I’ve just thrown in the garbage and sigh.

Oh well can’t be helped.

If I could do it over again I wouldn’t bother with the supercropping mission. It’s just made a tangled mess that I need to cut anyway.

Today is exactly 1 month of flower and they are smelling bright but spicy like lemon pepper.

Cheers for looking

21 Likes

Butter is the best rooting hormone. You heard it here first people!

7 Likes

Yeah buddy! You’re up in it now. :joy:

They’re much easier to grow from clone. Even still it’s always a bit of a wild time. Growing sativas is just messy, but you get used to it.

The mom smells just like that. Very spicy haze and less musty, with a lot of lemon. The potency of the smell really lasts into deep cure too.

9 Likes

It’s is indeed a challenge but I’m enjoying it.

I can tell already that 2 of them will be ready first. The buds are much more developed. Is that two 12 weekers and one 14?

The smell is indeed very nice and the haze aroma is very pronouned. It seems delicious.

Waiting on some PPP pollen to make few seeds but I’d think there’s hardly a rush at this point.

Thanks for sharing these. She a very interesting plant.

Check out the trunk:

19 Likes

That’s good. I think it takes the right kind of person to grow a plant like that. I popped my cherry on a single Thai seed that I brought back from Thailand. I’ve never grown anything like it since. It probably stretched continually for 2 months. I knocked off tops THREE TIMES trying to keep it under 6 feet tall. I flowered it for about 4 months and gave up… :joy:

Growing some dwarf Syrians recently, it sure amazes me that they’re even the same species of plant.

I’d guess yours won’t go any longer than 14 weeks, unless you pulled a really strong OT haze leaner. It looks to me like you actually have pretty decent bud development on everything already. I think you’ll be close to 12, but I could be wrong.

Yes! This was a cross that I had originally made (4P Haze) that got lost with all of the PPP seeds I did in the first run. I still have some that I made and saved for myself, and I think about growing it all the time. I had sent some to @GMan, and I think he grew it and really liked it. If you get the pollen in time, it would be really cool to see what comes of it.

11 Likes

:thinking:

Seen you guys say this a couple times. Is this “Pure Power Plant” or what is PPP ?

5 Likes

@MumenRyder

10 Likes

Pretty sure the pollen is in the mailbox :sweat_smile:

Will keep you posted. Now it’s just a long wait to the finish line!

Not sure how many seeds I’ll try for but I’m guessing a handful.

I think I’d need more patience than I’ve got to run a Thai for 4 months. Maybe if I had a higher plant count and taller ceilings :+1:

4 Likes

So I got me some pollen! It’s the PPP.

I figured I might as well get to work and picked my target. Here she is:

Then I fashioned a little drop cloth. A little overspray is inevitable but safety first.

A little dabbing with a q-tip, a little rest, a hard blow to dislodge pollen and we’re done.

I picked my best, and by that I mean fastest and lowest stretching lady. I thought about doing a little branch on each of them but this should be sufficient.

I’ll probably hit a branch of my Maui Haze tomorrow but I think that’s enough for today. I keep forgetting about her but she’s chugging away.

@DougDawson
@lefthandseeds

16 Likes

You want some GG4 RIL dust to go with that PPP? :smiley:

4 Likes

Thank you but no thank you.

I’m expecting a degree of overspray and I want to be able to say for sure the pedigree of each seed that comes out of a random bud.

One donor at a time on this one :+1:

4 Likes

Okay but what aboot for later?

2 Likes

Yeah for sure thanks man.

I’m sort of half planning my plant future. These should be done by May. Then I’ll do some outdoor autos over the summer. Then in the fall I think I could find something to match nicely with the GG4. Orange Goji maybe? I dunno. That could be a good cross.

5 Likes

I dusted 1 nug of each plant of my GSC x Chem91’s and look forward to the nug they will make. In the summer I plan on chucking the outdoors nugs with the pollen(s) I have to make some interesting things.

Though other than the outdoors my focus for summer is pulling off an open pollenation run of the Jalisco Mexican Landrace seeds I ordered from The Landrace Team. Feels weird buying seeds when I have so many things already to run BUT this strain just WON’T leave my mind!?! I seriously don’t know why other than the majority of the time I spent in Mexico was in the Jalisco province… but when I get “locked” on something it’s usally for a reason I DON"T FULLY UNDERSTAND UNTIL THE THING IS DONE.

Thing is, when i DO listen to my instinct (like this) the results are often BEYOND my own toxicly high expectations.

So, yeah. Both looking very forward to this and also scared :poop:-less. :pleading_face:

8 Likes

Sometimes you just get the itch.

Having big goals is good. Even if you don’t quite get there. Sometimes getting what you want is worse.

Otherwise why do anything?

My quest for high school weed was successful but underwhelming because my expected nostalgia wasn’t reached. Still was worth doing.

And I want some of those Jalisco seeds when they are ready.

7 Likes

:clap: I like the dropcloth technique. It’s a good idea.

The PPP should be a good compliment. It’s very early, purple, short and yield improving. I’m hoping to find a really hazy one to take a cut of when I grow mine. It might also produce some nice purple shades in a lot of the offspring. :sunglasses:

6 Likes

So 24 hours later and it seems the pollen took. Check out the squigglys:

For reference here’s an unpollinated part:

Have a pleasant weekend :+1:

20 Likes

:raised_hands: yessir!

3 Likes

Nice . Very nice looking.

1 Like

She wants to get deeper in the dirt. Good plant. They will try an root sometimes like that. Nice looking plant. The rings around the stems look very healthy. Sorry didn’t mean to repeat. Lol . I’m feeding now. 420 is something I haven’t done yet.

2 Likes