Forum Stomper - First Autos & No Till Bed

Currently on my first auto run and all I can say is that mine seemed to really beast out right around where yours are currently.

1 Like

Yeah just like photos in the beginning of flower they really make a push to pack on size but it’s a short window and every single stress ultimately affects size mine are in ROLS and I’m not sure why they are undersized my fault I have no doubt

1 Like

Well they have plenty of food and water, I think the only thing holding them back is the temp (65-85*) and consequently the humidity (around 40-50%. But if they double in size, I suppose I’d be happy. With such speed to grow, I suppose it’s not too bad if they’re a bit small.

Growing a bit taller still, and putting on more pistols.

2 Likes

Cool thanks for the link.

1 Like

There are a few of us in plastic totes. This was just the one that came to mind first. Don’t even get me started on the nice no-till beds some of the masters here have. Mines just for shits and giggles.

Looking good friend. I have 2 or 3 started as well .I think there on week 2 or 3 and also kinda small but we shall see. I’m growing in living soil a ROLS style but the plan is no till I just have to build the beds. I’m using Biolive by down to earth and love it. Also using the rabbit manure so right on

3 Likes

This is only semi-living at the moment, still need to get some worms in there. But other than that, it’s pretty much the same as my ROLS pots. I imagine future rounds will be bigger as the fungi breakdown more nutrients in there. Think I’ll run these Forum Stompers again, nice short-flowering testing plant.

Nice setup the girls look happy. I got 2 forum stompers going as well about 3 weeks in, I’ll be following to see what you find.

1 Like

Ok, I kinda like these auto things. I normally go for long flower sativas, we’ll have to see the smoke report; but this could be a good “stash stuffer”.

3 Likes

2 Likes

Been getting behind on my diaries… Two of these are doing great. But one, oddly the shortest one prior, kept going up, up, up. I eventually said fuck it and dropped it over so I could lower the lights to an appropriate level for the other two.

They all have the weird burns, I’m not sure what it is but it seems pretty benign.

1 Like

Far left has matured, and is drying. These two are just foxtailing. I lost this battle long ago. Will be trying this bed outside the tent next. Should be better.

1 Like

Soil seems very dry, do you stick your finger in?

Could do with some covercrop, vetch works really well for me, chop and drop when they flower.

You can also throw down some grass clippings, tree leaves, nettles, dandelion, thistle, horse tail (all rich in minerals), fruit and vegetable scraps, etc. You can fill it up to the brim, it’ll sink.

I run my light at 13/11 for veg and 11/13 for flowering, with great results.
Could be interesting to try, saves you some money and tent will be cooler for a bit longer.

1 Like

I was feeling out the environment before filling out the bed too much- but I will be adding cover of some kind. I have some invasive grass growing.

It does dry on the top 2” but underneath in plenty went, I had mushrooms but I guess they stopped fruiting when I reduced the humidity to reduce fungus gnats. Cover crop would be great for gnats and dryness. Just haven’t gotten to it. Finishing up my other runs here and will be giving the no till some serious attention.

2 Likes

I’ve given up on battling the gnats, for my sanity, I just accept them as players in the game now. I hung a sticky trap and called it a day. Watering about once a week now, keeps the population small.

Sowing straight into the soil you’ll lose a few seedlings to gnat larvae but if you make seeds that’s no problem, sow double as you normally would sow, the strongest will survive, let the soil select the genetics and it’ll get better and better every generation.

1 Like

Hey – just reading over your grow. I’ve been doing autos for a while as I have mostly been growing them… I have only recently started with photoperiods.

This is going to be in the “unsolicited” advice column…

These look a lot like they are having some kind of lockout or nutrient problems. Generally, when an auto shows pistils it should have several nodes and a number of true leaves developed. There are a few autos that break this trend… Bobbys widow from gnome automatics is one, and has been known to show sex on day 15 or even sooner.

I have had this type of problem with super soils I have made on my own before. My solution was to start with a soil that was far more diluted in terms of nutrients. I don’t know exactly what combination you have been using, but perhaps if you try again with 1 part super soil which you have here… along with 1 part coco and 1 part perlite they might be more vigorous.

It often seems that with autos, every day of slowed growth prior to showing sex is a significant loss in size and yield. I have often planted 4 seeds for every one plant I hope to keep (when I first started) and just culled all but the best.

I’d like to give this style of growing a shot… but my supersoil attempts haven’t gone so well with autos. Thanks for being a pioneer on this!

4 Likes

They had many problems, I plan to add no nutrients to the soil so in effect I’ll be taking your advice. There was plenty of material in there that it needs to break down yet for a while, I’m betting, and will improve with a couple grows.

2 Likes

My forum stomper autos are doing the leaf burn thing too. I’m running a coots style BAS living soil on blumat irrigation with rain water.

2 Likes

@ChemicalDependant got any red Wigglers in this bucket yet?

I think its possible that your guinea pig poop was too hot at first run for Autos.

I’d look into getting worms & letting the soil mature with age… I’m on my 3rd grow now with my living soil and things are just getting better with age, like a fine wine.

HP Pro + Mycorrhizae + Worms + NPK Dry base Nutrients at the start + feed Worms good varieties of food that contain NPK and ammio acids= Healthy Plants.

2 Likes