Found thrips. What can be done?

My point is very clear. Improper use of pesticides contributes to pesticide resistant pests. Spraying spinosad > 3 or 4 times, 2-3 days apart is improper use of a pesticide. If that is not clear read the label directions again.

4 Likes

Thanks for the clear and concise info Buzz.

3 Likes

If you’re looking for a natural way to deal with pests i got a sample of cultured biologix mercenary all natural insecticide. I haven’t used it yet but their other products work well. And i saw you said you had anxiety about using insecticides is it cuz they’re chemicals?

Because mercenary is a blend of essential oils. Sesame oil rosemary cinnamon clove and peppermint. Figured I’d drop in and give you this knowledge for future grows

2 Likes

I would have to say that pesticide resistance instead is actually related to the Big-Agricultural Industry and it’s continued use in IPM in general. Farmers and huge companies in the industry are not using excessive amounts of expensive pesticides until the resistance becomes a part of this equation and a absolute necessity, no different from avoiding excessive fertilizer application. But in general overexposure of pesticides isn’t helping . Scientists have been saying for years that the pesticides will fail regardless in the long term and the horticultural oil will always reign supreme.

1 Like

I had anxiety about using it because I wasn’t fully aware and scare mongering internet.

Buzz advice made me feel OK about using it. Ideally I didn’t want bugs, but can’t throw it all away and start over.

2 Likes

This might not help you now but in the future you might consider prophylactic spraying. I spray rather heavily at end of veg before throwing them into flower. It’s a little insurance. I once sprayed endall in 4 weeks of flower and will never do that again.

4 Likes

Haven’t had an outbreak since. The following grow I had one leaf that had some thrip looking damage, but I took it off and nothing ever came back so I’m doubting it was even thrips.

1 Like