Freakin' With The Freaker's Ball Seed Collective

Sounds pretty epic to me! A few hermie flowers early should be easy to spot. I missed that thread. I’ll have to check it out. I always thought a good name for a skunk variety would be Skunklestiltskin…someday I’ll be using it. If someone beats me to the punch, pass me seeds and I’ll let it slide lol. Don’t forget to mention Upstate😁

11 Likes

The plant i had that smelled rks would turn black, the leaves only

6 Likes

I’ve got your end, @Instg8ter!!! When @Upstate advises the particulars, I’ll make a Double Payment. Sorta like a pay-back for your generosity in the past. Don’t say nothing, ain’t hearing it…lol. SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :heart_eyes: :pray:

8 Likes

Thank you for being preservation minded.

6 Likes

Hey @Queenmambo!! What’s happening? :grinning: It’s nice to see you, stop by more often. :vulcan_salute:
:guitar:

7 Likes

Will do! I always enjoy myself and learn something new. I need to get it into the routine; perhaps then my comments will be more timely and relevant.
The Queen
:dash::dash::crazy_face:

7 Likes

Just seen and realized, your asking me.
Yessir , up and running and still expanding. Like so many others just starting, a little bit at a time.
Hung my 3rd 400 w light in 12/12 room. Built my air system, and my cloning machine. The main airline manifold runs inthe 24 hr. room.

Thats in 2r hr room. Next are the 12/12 room, X living quarters, x shed.

Plenty of room to do what i gotta do.
Aint ready for this freeze coming up. More on my thread about it.

7 Likes

Found the “1969 Skunk #18”, four (4) of them, put in Coin Flip w/Washer ready to roll your way!!! Hit me with Personal Info/DM, as I don’t keep member’s data. EVERYONE, enjoy a pleasant week, stay SUPER safe and, you know it by now, be well…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :heart_eyes:

14 Likes

Your too good to me brother, after the big giveaway I’m gonna shoot you a bunch of what I have extra of to pass around…:metal::sunglasses:

10 Likes

Good Day Freakers :slight_smile: I am looking for someone to do a seed run of some beans I have won

here

I have no flower room (not space but room) at this time but will in about 4 months

I would love to make beans to share with Our OverGrow Family

if I can find a member that can run these and make beans I will send them along

if not it will have to wait and than I will do a run open pollination in my veg room

while I work outside

all the best and plant seeds

Dequilo

12 Likes

Wow, thats great! I Googled the #18 skunk and gound some info. It sounds as if it was comprised of Mexican, Colombian Red and Gold, and Afghan genetics. When I read this I realized there are probably mutiple “true” skunks from a decade or more of genetic material. In the 70’s I can imagine many people making a hybrid from these 3 regions. The Uncle Festers,aka Hells Angels Skunk may have been the first one. Heres some of what I found…

7 Likes

So… 2021 is year of the Ox?

year of the ox

No… 2021 is year of the skunk!

It sure will be around here!!

Cheers
G

13 Likes

This is a very real threat. Big business will want ALL the business, not just some of it. Making patents and modifying genetics will be part of their game. This is one reason why some states are already requiring genetic testing for each seed. They are setting the foundation stones for what will happen in the future. If you can’t grow better weed than the competition, force them to pay you to grow your own weed. It is estimated that 80% of modern Western genetics contain skunk. Don’t ask me where I read that, but I read it. Scary shit if true and big business can patent Skunk genes. The importance of releasing pure genetics now cannot be overstated.

13 Likes

Correct! If any help or direction is needed just ask. Even the preflowers on the breeding males will be cut. (Only) pollen from the main clusters will be used from now on. Until we start to see normal preflowers on all females this technique will continuously be used. The final results will be offered to the OG community first.

7 Likes

They can’t do that because you can’t patent something that’s in the public domain. A Cherokee Purple tomato plant is an heirloom varietal that’s been cultivated for many years. I can’t patent that plant because I didn’t make it. I can hybridize it and patent the result, but that’s it.

That’s why identifying, reproducing, and distributing landrace and heirloom strains is the surest way of throwing Weed Inc’s. One Ring back into the fires of Mt. Doom. Every strain we put into the public domain is out of their reach.

They’re well aware of that fact, and you can bet they’ve got their own strain hunters running loose everywhere looking for undocumented strains to lock up.

But I bet they didn’t count on a bunch of Overgrow Freaks determined to beat them to it.
:smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

:guitar:

Oops, I almost forgot why I popped in here. AG has dropped 50 more packs of their RKS:

13 Likes

@Guitarzan, sadly I would like to dispute that they can’t patent something thats in public domain. I wish I were wrong, they can in fact maybe not a direct patent but they can still go about it other ways. For example, monsanto corn, if you hard a farm near their corn and their corn pollinated your corn you can not save and plant that seed as it now contains patented material and monsanto has taken many of these other farms to court, direct neighbors of their farms and have sued them for growing their corn as it had their genetic material in it, monsanto won time after time and many people lost their entire farms. I don’t see why they couldn’t go a similar route with cannabis, yes testing and proving may be difficult, but where there’s a will there’s a way. These farmers grew public domain heirloom corn, got cross pollinated by monsanto unintentionally, grew their own seed as normal, got sued, and lost. They did nothing wrong but still lost everything because they stole genetic material by pollination.

5 Likes

Thats one HELL of a find!

Ive said it, ill say it again. Thats why i want to learn all i can about breefing weed. Way back when autos and fems were 1st showing up. I seen it then, big brothers foot in our door. . autos, a photo you cant clone, fems… No male plants. Look at the ads nowadays… More feminized autos than anything

5 Likes

Yeah, I’m aware of that. I was talking more about a direct patent/licensing type of situation.

It seems odd that the defendant couldn’t bring a case against the original grower for not controlling their genetic material in the first place. If an innocent person wound up in court, and was assessed financial penalties because another party was negligent, and didn’t adequately control the dispersal of Monsanto’s genetic material, I’d think they’d certainly have some legal recourse available to them.

I think indoor grows with pollen filters on all the intakes are already required if you want to maintain control over your genetics. Forget Monsanto, there are outdoor grows everywhere now, and I don’t see any other way to avoid cross-contamination.

7 Likes

It’s sad what happened but monsanto just had so much power they won. Truly amazing how they could have won. When these poor farmers were just doing what they had always done, very good point about the outdoor grows and cross contamination its on us to ensure we preserve these genetics the proper way, just insane what laws these big players can get passed with their fat wallets.

3 Likes

I sure hope you are right. Did it go to court already? I won’t feel good about it until it’s gone to court and been defeated.
@Chronickyle, you are definitely right about the farmers losing in court, I was disgusted when I read about that years ago, the first time it happened. But, I don’t see big corporate having any marijuana pollen floating around their feminized pot fields in the future. We probably do have to worry about genetically altered hemp pollen floating around though. That could be patented, and infect the local marijuana. There is a hemp Farm about 10 or 15 miles from me now. Not a large one, but it’s there. I’ll have to look into one of those filters. Monsanto and their ilke will not give up easily, and their pockets are bottomless.
On a plus note, in all my years of growing cannabis Outdoors, I’ve had no obvious pollinations from other cannabis crops. I can’t rule out a stray seed on my pollenated crops, but my seedless runs in the past remained seedless.
You just have to go where other people aren’t willing to follow. It takes a little bit of crazy.

7 Likes